1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2015 NFL Draft Discussion Thread [No Steelers Spoilers]

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 30, 2015.

1. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Doesn't everybody feel that way? We haven't had a DB with a nose for the ball in forever - except Troy, and he sure as hell didn't get that from coaching. If anything, the coaching held him back, which is why they let him do his thing and roam free so often.

Not saying Holliman will work out, but with the state our team has been in, a tackling safety with no hope of creating turnovers would be a big fat waste, because that describes every guy that comes through our doors. This guy at least has a chance to be different, and in the exact way we need.

Maybe pressure alone will be enough to get him more willing. It'll be a lot harder for him to shrug off pressure from NFL coaches and teammates than it was in college. And I trust Lake and Butler to help him with technique.

2. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    :this!: "Troy can't tackle" is about as true as "Troy struggles in coverage."

3. steelerdavidismyname

steelerdavidismyname Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015

4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    What? Lol

Troy's tackling form was poor... He wasn't a poor tackler. He was actually really far from a poor tackler. Sure he missed some, but he got to way more plays than any other safety in the league could have. His tackling attempts came at a different speed than other players and from more difficult angles than any other players. For that reason alone, I think he missed more tackles than he probably would have if they were easier plays to make.

Saying Troy was a "very bad tackler" is a gross misrepresentation of his abilities.

5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    :this!:!!!!!!!!!!

6. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah we really loaded up on the interior OL prospects and I love it! We need to find a cheaper alternative to Foster, who is just kinda "there". Someone that can pull from the LG spot would be very nice.

Yeah that's always pretty irritating when the draft picks aren't able to attend the OTA's because of some attendance rules. I don't think we have any of those guys this year, except maybe Doran Grant.

7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That would be me. And dammit, we've been holloring that we need playmakers on d. and between him and golston, we got playmakers. And if he washes out, we lose a seventh rounder. Much better than losing fifth round cbs like we have been doing.

8. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    IF I agreed with you, I'd point out they haven't been on the team since 2009 and 2004, respectively, and were drafted in 1998 and 1997, respectively. Not exactly recent draft success, which was the context of my point. Unless you're okay with one DB with ball skills coming along every 18 years.

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Great chatting with everyone here during the draft weekend. Some very informative posters here. Thanks everyone!!