1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2015 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 8, 2015.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Well here was our Steelers Draft for 2015...

1st: Alvin "Bud" Dupree, OLB, Kentucky
    2nd: Eric Rowe, DB, Utah
    3rd: Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss
    4th: Henry Anderson, DE, Sanford
    5th: Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers

For those wondering...here were our picks from 2014...

1st: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St
    2nd: Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame
    3rd: Marcus Smith, OLB, Lousiville
    4th: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers
    5th: Josh Mauro, DE, Stanford
    5th: Michael Schofield, OT, Michigan
    6th: Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma

We got 2 right...one with the right round even....the other (Mauro) was an UDFA.

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    My mock from last year...

1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Good to go back and see how they turned out.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    So far, so good. :D

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Uh-oh.

I agree he's got some risk to him. He's not as safe as Kevin Johnson, who I was hoping for going into the draft. But I don't think he's as boom/bust as I did early on. He's not just an athletic freak. He's got great character, he's a strong leader and a hard worker, and he's an all-around player, playing well against the run and even dropping into coverage. He also isn't a one year wonder. He started for three seasons, and played consistently:

'12: 91 tackles (!), 12.5 for loss, 6.5 sacks
    '13: 61 tackles, 9.5 for loss, 7 sacks, 2 FF
    '14: 74 tackles, 12.5 for loss, 7.5 sacks, 2 FF

Those stats are so boring and consistent, you might think he's sort of a plain player. But that's where the athleticism and upside come in.

Here's Tomlin's take of his character: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/0...steelers-olb-bud-dupree-is-a-football-junkie/

5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Please understand, I like Dupree, He's an athletic beast. I wanted either CB Johnson or, hold your horses OT DJ Humphries. When Johnson was taken I knew it was going to be Dupree if he was available because COLBERT is fascinated with speed, ( see Shazier Archer & Bryant ).

My deal with him is as stated, that will not change, but what I haven't said is this, my hope-

I hope his curiosity with Deebo translate to him being a professional in the gym and off the field ( he does have great character )
    I hope his position coach JPorter teaches him everything from pass rushing technique, play recognition, to proper tackling skills.
    I hope Butler is patient with him and uses him to his strength whether it's LDE OR LOLB.

He is a Steeler now, time to get behind him and hope he reaches his potential for if he does just that we win!!!!!

Side note- In high school he also played TE and had 1000 rec yds...... Hmmmm

Cajun

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :towel:

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I didn't think you liked DJ Humphries. You seemed perturbed I drafted them for Carolina in our Mock. Or was it just for Carolina and not as a player in general?

Colbert's fascination with speed started after the JJ pick lol.

8. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    For the PANTHERS I had targeted OT as greatest need. HUMPHRIES was not my 1st choice. As the process continued I studied Humphries more because the comment made after he was selected was "he had quick feet"..... I found that to be true and he climbed up my board more as I studied him more. My initial grade on him was no thorough enough, my bad, wish I had done a better job.

Cajun

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Dupree is about as slam dunk as you will find at pick 22. I'm shocked he fell to us, thought he could go top 10, top 15 for sure.

10. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Love the pick. Again, just glad we didn't give up the house to move way up for him. Once again Colbert stayed patient and another player fell into our laps