1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2015 NFL Draft Discussion Thread [No Steelers Spoilers]

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Ugh, Ifo to Browns. Bastards.

2. steelerdavidismyname

steelerdavidismyname Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015

C'mon dude you can't argue that. I mean I Love Troy, and all he did bring us. But you know how many times he WHIFFED on a Tackle ? And steeler fan who is honest with themselves would admit that.

3. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015
    Well, if La'el Collins didn't want his ex-girlfriend dead before the draft, I bet he would after this draft.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I can't aruge that? You just compared Troy to Holliman in regards to tackling.

5. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I shouldn't laugh at this.

:roflmao:

6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Well ,that was a fast 3 days, , I have to admit i dont kno a lot about most of these guys but from what i read,it seems like a really solid draft.. The one thing that im still ,mad about ,is how the Eagles and Ravens jumped in front of us and stole our pics.. as soon both teams moved up, , there was not a doubt in
    my mind who ,they were takeing.. 13-3 here we come:herewego!:

7. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

No disrespect intended. Actually I think I should ammend this statement. I don't think he would want her dead. But, if he knows he had nothing to do with it...I bet Collins would like to at least beat up a lot of the national reporters and media Hacks who bring up Collins, and his ex in the same breath as Rae Carruth, or mentioning him in the same catigory with all these players who committed Domestic Violence. Cause I think it was THAT kind of PR that scared away all these NFL teams for fear of a Public Back lash.....and that is NOT fair.

This IS America. I mean we DO have a presumption of Innocence don't we ?

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I love the potential of this pick in the 7th rd but Troy comparisons??? Come on maaan.

9. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

I meant as it went to him being a bad tackler. Troy also was a very bad tackler. And this was well known and written about many times. Now, in every other aspect, Holliman is nowhere near what Troy was.

10. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    troy was seeking missile , sometime missing the target , holliman move himself from the action .. i think they will try to teach him , he is young and just one year starter

11. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

Agree. And you know what...considering how " Goodell " has a big TARGET on all our past Big Hitting Safties...maybe Holliman might be a nice change of pace since HITTING is no longer even allowed in the NFL ( LOL )

12. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

he did just as much to damage himself, when he said he wouldn't sign with anyone if he wasn't picked by the 3rd rd....... he showed his colors at that point

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I meant in regards to being a poor tackler, I don't agree with your assessment of Troys tackling ability. He slipped a little at the end but Holliman is a terrible tackler.

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Troy wasn't a bad overall tackler. There were times when he went for the turnover creating blow vs wrapping his man up, but he wasn't a bad tackler. Regardless, if you've watched Holliman, you'll know that he is a bad tackler. And even if he were fundamentally good at tackling, he probably wouldn't because of how scared he appears to be of contact.

He's a 7th round pick, so hey, why not take a shot.

15. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015
  16. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Wow, I thought for sure the Patriots would take Varga with their last pick. Let's sign him!

17. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Whew, another great draft weekend in the Bill Nunn Draft Room! You guys make the draft even more fun for me than it already is. Thanks, guys! Thanks, TTF!

18. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    with the draft over and done with, I'm officially throwing kurtis drummond's name in the f.a. hat

19. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    :applaud:

20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Oh man, was he not drafted? I would have liked Steelers to snatch him up, but obviously the Steelers didn't like him or they wouldn't have taken the the Louisville Safety.

21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, I wasn't sure that Drummond was even draftable. When I was watching video my thread about the safety class, I noticed that Drummond seemed exceptionally slow twitched for a DB. AS bad as Holliman is at tackling, at least that's potentially correctable. No coach can turn Drummond into a quick twitch athlete. Good college player though.

22. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

That would be me.........lol!

I was gone all day yesterday(and night) si I missed everything I want to 1st talk about Holliman. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pick, I don't care if he can't tackle, Deon Sanders didn't like to either but he turned out fine. Not saying he is Deon, I just want our secondary to have a ball hawker and that is just what this kid is. Now I wanted him in round 3-4 so getting him here is a bonus. As for the comparison to Troy, no freakin way man. I am a Holliman fan but come on he is not in the same class. Don't mean he won't be at some point or even ever be but he isn't now.

As for the rest of our draft I loved day 3, I would have loved to grab Ifo but I guess there is something we all don't know cause he fell hard. Injury or not he still has talent so the injury has to be pretty bad for nobody to take a chance before the late 7th.

Grant was a no brainer and would end up in our starting line up. James has the tools just needs a little time and why not see what he can do. Walton is a guy under the radar, raw with tons of talent(I picked him in our mock for Denver) and with him and McCullers we have talent and youth. Chickillo is a guy who may be between positions but all you have to do is watch the shrine game to see him potential. I think he could be a 3-4 end with some help.

Man I will say this there have been lots of talk about the way we draft and I will say I love this year's draft. Pair it with last years draft and I think we are back on track. We have a lot of talent to look forward to.

Now since I just got home it has been one heck of a long 24 hrs and I need a nap.....

Go Steelers!!!!!!

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm very excited about the Holliman pick, I actually fist pumped when I heard his name because it was so unexpected. This has the potential to be the steal of the draft, what better coach to be taught by then Lake, a technician at the position. I think his tackling is very correctable and already has the ball hawking instincts that can't be taught.

Dupree and Rowe were my guys leading up to the draft, got one of them, can't complain. Dupree, Rowe 1, 2 would have been awesome but Golson will be a very good player for us and the fact that we followed up with Grant made me feel even better about Golson.

Coates isn't as much as a luxury pick as I first thought, really, there's no one after AB, Bryant and Wheaton. He can end up a big weapon.

The only gripe, and not even a gripe but no RB, only so many picks though, have to address that next year. Hopefully Williams stays healthy for the time being.

24. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Blast I couldn't agree more, I will leave Holliman alone cause I think my feels about him have been know here, lol! I am trying to feel good about the Golson pick but just like you said I feel so much better with the Grant pick.

I am glad you pointed out the fact about the Coates pick. Listen Wheaton is ok but nothing special and is going into the last year of the contract. I think if you are a passing offense you need weapons and depth. That is also why I like the James pick as well.
    I agree with RB but let's look at it like this we do have Bell, Williams and 2 young guys in Archer and Harris. I have not looked at what we have with the fa rb signing after the draft, Sheuerman. I feel we really hit a lot of positions OLB, CB, FS, TE, WR, DT and I like the fact that we went oline help after the draft.

25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Is the entire draft class eligible to start OTA's right away or are there some that have to wait till graduation/finals to join the team this year as in years past? The early start to the season for the Steelers is going to mean getting guys in and acclimated as soon as possible.