1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2015 NFL Draft Discussion Thread [No Steelers Spoilers]

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Yeah, especially since they're just wasting the picks anyway.

2. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I know.

3. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I don't mind the pick. If he makes the team you could be looking at a rotation of Bud Dupree and Chickillo at LOLB and Jarvis Jones and Arthur Moats at ROLB once Harrison retires. I don't give Lemon or any of those guys a real shot to make the roster do you?

4. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Yep. Chickillo's father, Anthony played for the Chargers, Jets and various Arena Leage teams. His grandfather, Nicholas played one year with the Chicago Cardinals way back in the day.

5. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    somebody wanted to double the olb position , i agree we had already enough but .....competion - p.squad

6. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think Waller to the Ravens is going to hurt....Not that I think he is this unstoppable WR....But I think he is just what Flacco needs.....Flacco likes to just throw it up and let his WR's do the dirty work.....its why he has not been nearly as good since he lost Boldin. Flacco is a wing and a prayer QB....Waller can get up and use those hands and wingspan to bail Flacco out.

HACK

7. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    tha's what i'm worried too . he has tremndous upside .

8. steelerdavidismyname

steelerdavidismyname Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015

Well if true then why mention Bouldin ?...he never ran a route longer then 15 tards all the time he was there. And his BEST 40 time was like 4.78. So how do you compare him to Waller ?

9. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    you just cant double up on LB this year. Moats, Timmons, Shazier, Jones, Dupree, Williams, Spence, Harrison...thats 8 with Terrance Garvin, Howard Jones, Lemon, and Zumwalt all hoping to get maybe 1 more spot.

Anyone you get now is pure PS hopeful

HACK

10. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015
    Okay, I know every prospect on this day has SOME issues...but at this point I have to just shrug my shoulders and ask what is up with both Holliman and Prewitt still being available ? I mean I know Holliman is not the best tackler, and has taken some bad angles...but he still has good Ball Insticnts. And Prewitt to me was maybe this drafts most complete Safety...and a main reason why Golson got all those Picks. I mean what did these guys do ?..Rape someone ?

11. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    We need to improve the defense and the more players we have to work with sooner that will happen.

12. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    I don't understand what you are asking. Boldin is a monster...always has been...Im not saying Waller already is a monster....but with his size and catch radius all Flacco has to do is throw it in his general area....My point is if Waller makes that roster...and I think he will...with at least the last spot...he will be a first down/redzone safety net...when in doubt chuck it high.....especially with their first rounder taking the top off the coverage....should open up Williams, Pitta, Smith and possibly Waller underneath.

HACK

13. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Especially dangerous because Flacco's best offensive strategy is to chuck it deep and get a PI flag. They drafted perfectly for their offense with their first two rounds and Waller.

14. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    They have taken 3 out of 4 Defensive players today....and probably another in the 7th...Why does it have to be another LB?

HACK

15. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I think they are just desperate to upgrade the pass rush, Hack. The only difference maker they have is 37.

16. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    I would totally take Ifo and let him have basically a redshirt year to heal.

HACK

17. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    We need them. We have a 37 year old, a back up, an unproven 1st round draft pick, a 1st round draft pick that hasn't made it to training camp, and a few practice squad players.

18. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

That only worked with Torrey Smith, and that was because Smith was great at making in stride adjustments to initiate contact. Waller is HORRIBLE at it, and is Super Slow quickness wise. Yes, he is tall. Can maybe make a nice Red Zone target. But even that is a stretch. There is a reason why to a man EVERY Scouting report had Wallaer as being Undrafted.

19. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I would have no issues with that move. They kept the lights on for Spence and Ifo was a potential 1st rounder. There's just way too much upside there.

20. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i don't have a problem but somebody questioned the golson pick because is short ifo has the same height .....15 lbs more though

21. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I agree 100%

22. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I never disliked Golson, just the round he was taken. Can't get better value than Ifo in the 7th.

23. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015
  24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    He's an inch or two taller than Golson/Golsen, but as far as I'm concerned he's worth the risk. There's so much upside there that it's worth the gamble.

25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Do, ,we not get draft pick's , ( comp) for all of the guys we lost in retirement this year for nxt year, ? , I f not looks like we wont get any comp's at at all for 2016