1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2015 NFL Draft Discussion Thread [No Steelers Spoilers]

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Ok, at this point give me:

Ifo
    Harris
    Varga
    nick Marshall

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    OK thought they would go safety for sure

3. steelerdavidismyname

steelerdavidismyname Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Any idea anyone ? And it's the Miami DE Anthony Chickillo

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Former elite high school recruit that never missed a game over his four year career. Chickillo has the tool set to play in multiple schemes, performing multiple roles. He lacks the explosive element to consistently rush the edge, but he can create mismatches inside while doing the dirty work against the run. He never fulfilled his initial potential in college, but he is a quality player that approaches the game the right way.

-David Syvertsen/Ourlads Scout

- Big, physical edge defender that plays with high effort and intensity. Has a quick get off and generates impressive power to stun blockers and set the edge. Plays with good pad level and attacks gaps to get upfield. Anchors well at the point of attack and has strong hands to control blockers. Has the strength to hold his ground against double teams but can also shed blocks to tackle in the hole. Has a limited array of pass rush moves and lacks flexibility around the edge. Production was limited by scheme but he is scheme diverse and showed at the Senior Bowl that he can be a difference maker when given the opportunity.

- Michael Hawkins / Ourlads' Scout

5. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Are they planning to use him at LOLB? He's the same size as Bud Dupree, but I think he played DE in a 4-3? Not sure

6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Don't know anything about him.

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    listed at 6'4" 267. OLB prospect

I think he's bigger than that. He may be another 5 tech. Another site has him listed at 280

8. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

Most experts say dispite his high motor, he is not fast or sudden, and has no real position, and definitely not in a 3-4 defense. So who knows what the steelers see.

9. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    SOURCES TELL US

"He doesn't have a position as far as I can tell. I don't think he projects inside or outside. He's just caught between positions and there isn't anything that he does really well." -- NFC director of scouting

BOTTOM LINE

Technically sound player who lacks the desired burst and pass-rush skills to be a full-time defensive end and needs more bulk to play inside. Chickillo could use more length, but with his arm extension and strength at the point of attack, he could find his way as a backup strong-side defensive end in a 4-3.

10. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe just a special teams candidate.

11. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015
  12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
  13. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Ok, seriously, at this point let's get Ifo!

14. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Chickillo has no position on this team. Can't play 3-4 DE, can't play OLB, and isn't nearly a good enough pass rusher to keep around for that purpose.

15. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    Miscast former 5-star high school player at Miami. Played too heavy, lost weight and had a great combine. He has great upside and will get coached up well here.

probably a olb

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    For the 6th round, I'm OK with it. Thought they'd take a safety. But if he is quick off the line and can come in for the pass rush and play STs then he'll be a nice role player.

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
  18. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I saw Chickillo as more of a 4-3 guy, but I don't necessarily dislike the pick. Porter held the press conference about the selection, so they're viewing him as a pass rusher. Comes from football bloodlines. Grandfather, Dad, uncle (?) were in the NFL. He's a big weight room guy who will work hard, but struggle to make a 3-4 roster.

19. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

He blew away every top O-Linemen at the East/west game. Even in 3-4 defensive drills. His 1.59 10yard dash is faster then Bud Dupree's, and Clowney's...so...who knows.

20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    OK Freak, time for your mock draft engine favorite Punter Kyle Loomis!!

21. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015

Works for me.

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yes.

"Miami DE Anthony Chickillo: Chickillo (6-foot-4, 275 pounds) was a five-star prospect and a consensus national top-25 recruit in the 2011 recruiting class, one that also included Jadeveon Clowney, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Sammy Watkins, who were first-round picks in the 2014 draft. (Chickillo is one of two five-stars from the 2011 recruiting class in the Shrine Game; the other is Texas RB Malcom Brown.) Chickillo was a four-year starter at Miami, but never lived up to the recruiting hype. He had five sacks as a freshman in 2011, but that ended up being his career-high, and his total dropped every season (four in 2012, 3.5 in '13 and three this season). Still, he was a valuable player for the Hurricanes known for his high-revving motor and ended up being better against the run than was expected. Chickillo showed off his relentlessness and tenacity in almost every drill this week. "I can see him being a mid-round pick who will be around a long time," Jeremiah said."

23. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Yeah, I can't imagine a scenario in which he makes the team. Peezy said he has 8 guys in his room now(with the addition of chickallo) and they'll probably only keep 4.

So I ask, really, honestly, no bs, what was the point of this pick? Seriously.

24. steelerdavidismyname

May 1, 2015
    What do " Vic Beasley " " Dante Fowler Jr " " Bud Dupree " and..." Antonio Brown " all have in common ?.....NONE of them can beat Anthony Chickillo in a 10yard sprint.

25. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Ifo should've been taken there...couldn't care less that we already drafted two