1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2015 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT SELECTIONS ANNOUNCEMENTS ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 8, 2015.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Three more picks and it'll be panthers last pick,,,,,, come on

cajun

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    yea, and Balt. has 2 comp picks at the end of the 5th I wanted to get in.

Baltimore

1 - Marcus Peters CB Washington
    2 - Devin Smith WR tOSU
    3 - Clive Walford TE Miami
    4 - Adrian Amos S PSU
    4 - Tre McBride WR W&M
    4 - Jamil Douglas OL ASU

8 picks in the first 5 rounds is pretty nice. Too bad its the ratbirds.

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Well....it looks like we are going to wrap it up here w/ tje 29th pick of the 5th round being the last one (as much as we all wanted to finish the round).

Another great year everyone. Thanks for participating and thanks to everyone who helped me out keeping this thing going yet another year...couldn't do it without you!

Feel free to discuss your drafts/etc (here or in another post).

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I just want to say thanks for putting this together I had fun with this and hope to be involved next year from the start.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Thanks very much gpguy! :applaud:

6. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Thank you as always GP...I always look forward to the mock! And NY Steel, Denver is all yours next year! One team is enough for me! ;)

7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Perfect and thanks I accept, and I am sure if we need I would take another, lol. I love this crap, beside what else is there to do in the winter when you live in NY and hate the cold????? lol

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  9. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks, gp! You know I love to bust your chops, but credit where credit is due. I sure as hell wouldn't have the patience for this. Also thanks to Elvis and the other mods and helpers.

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    :thumbs_up::yahoo:

Not a problem...*takes a bow*, haha.

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm late to the party, but I want to echo everyone else's sentiments. Thanks for keeping this thing going, GP.

Next year it will be much easier to keep everyone in tune with when they're up etc. We'll be using a different platform that will be easier and more feature rich, too. Anyway, good job everyone!

12. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Whatever GP just started the threads. He did nothing else to help this draft along.

Thanks again man.

Time for the New Orleans Saints Recap
    Rd1 pick 9 - Trae Waynes - We feel we got the best CB in the draft. Matching him up with K. Lewis should help improve our defense immediately and allow us to match up with all the teams with multiple big WR.

Rd2 pick 12 - Jordan Phillips - Taking this very large, very athletic DT we get a run stopping force of a man to anchor our D-line. This draft was mainly to get Rob Ryan the toys he needed to make our D reliable.

**Rd2 pick 22 - Acquired in a trade we received E. Ebron to replace the loss of J. Grahm and selected Hau'oli Kikaha to add another dimension to our pass rush. While we gave up our chance to select Maxx Williams we think we did ok in this trade.

Rd3 Pick 11 - Tyler Lockett - a very good all around receiver to help take the place of the traded Kenny Stills. Should fit right in with what we are doing on offense.

**Rd3 Pick 14 - Lorenzo Mauldin - This was the pick we received for Stills. Another option to improve our pass rush. Mauldin can wait and learn and compete with Kikaha for playing time hopefully pushing both to excel and improve our D.

Rd5 Pick 12 - Wes Saxton - another athletic TE type that needs work on his route running but could be a steal if he truly fits our offense.

**Rd5 Pick 18 - Austin Shepherd - Pick acquired in the Ben Grubbs trade. While our line wasn't terrible last year it can stand for some improvement. Shepherd may end up kicking inside to guard but we are hoping he can stick at RT to help our improving run game.

13. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Aw, but why? I liked the feeling of the old steelers.com message board and it's circa 1997 functionality. Can't you emulate that instead? :roflmao:

14. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Anxious to see what all it will include!

15. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    The Panthers Draft-

1) DJ Humphries, OT
    2) Shaq Thompson OLB ( WIL )
    3) TY Yeldon RB
    4) Tony Lippett WR Mich St.
    5) Bobby McCain CB

1st two picks were actual 1st rounders, Shaq was Panthers real 1st rd pick. Then a dynamic RB in Yeldon and then a tall speedster and productive WR and finally a slot CB steal in the 5th. All needs met with supreme talent.........

Thanks GP and your staff Ray D, TTF, and Steelelvis.

Cajun

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Oh no! Now Yeldon... Cajun's going to be setting up his own draft website next year. He's going big time!

17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'd swear he passed on him for the Steelers pick in the 3rd after wanting him in the 2nd. :hmmm::lolol:

18. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    He did.

I was assuming that was so he could get them on his Panthers.

19. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I threw out D. Smith's name out there as an option at safety. I also said in the same thread I still liked Yeldon and several other players. This was for debate purposes. The vote was Golson 7 and Yeldon 2. I think gpguy counted Smith as my vote, it's ok because I pounded the table for Yeldon in rd 2 but ya'll rejected him, I even mentioned he was too high of a value to pass in rd 3, and he got little love, ya'll preferred Golson ...

So no snack, I didn't try to keep Yeldon for the PANTHERS but I surely ran to the podium for that pick in the 3rd. I passed on taking him in the 2nd for the PANTHERS, the Steelers rejected him again in the 3rd and I stayed true to my draft board for the PANTHERS.

Cajun