1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2015 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The Steelers are on the clock, voting can begin.

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Thanks Blast.

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would say my candidates are Kenny Bell WR Nebraska, Mark Glowinski G WVU, and Terry Poole T San Diego St.

I'll vote for Glowinski.

I think Poole can be had in the 6th if they like him. They've scouted the school before and got Embernate as an UDFA.

I like Bell but he is very thin. He's actually a good blocker and STs guy, but I'll always go lineman over skill players if its a tie.

DeAndre Smelter GTU is a huge WR if they want to get one late.

4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    i'm throwing my vote in for LSU rb terrance magee

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :hello:

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    My vote is TE TYLER KROFT, I like the size(6-5) and I think he is a lot better player then his stats show. I feel he can become a #1 TE and who better to learn from then Heath?

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers.

Seems like most of his weaknesses are the correctable type, and Heath and Spaeth are great guys to learn from. And check out this truly awesome article on the man:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2014/futures-rutgers-te-tyler-kroft

And you know you can trust the guy because he goes out of his way to say Heath Miller is one of the great tight ends in recent history, along with the guys with the famous names. :thumbs_up:

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I like it.........:dancing:

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Another thing about Kroft - he's #81 on Mike Mayock's top 100 players in this draft, and we'd be getting him at around pick 160 or so. I don't know much about the late round offensive prospects, so I will go with Mayock on this one.

Tyler Kroft, TE Rutgers

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    By the way, Mike Mayock would approve wholeheartedly of our Steelers draft. Here are his rankings for our draft picks. Dupree #11, Rowe #44, Golson #62, Anderson #88 - all ranked quite a bit higher by Mayock than where we drafted them.

11. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Kroft looks like a good fit to me, throw another vote on the pile.

12. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Going to stick with my initial gut instinct of

Stefon Diggs WR Maryland

13. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Well, ok, I was surprised Kroft is still available; I thought he'd be gone by now with all the TE's coming off the board. Outside of Williams and Walford he's my top TE target, and with Walford's noted attitude issues, he may be #2.

I love bolstering the lines, and I would've been comfortable taking Glowinski in the 4th as I think he's quality and fits what we want to do. He cold be our LG and we could actually pull our LG with him here. That being said, we can probably find someone comparable to him in the 6th or 7th (I haven't researched that deep) and with Munchak, we can probably mold a lesser talent into something decent. Meanwhile, Kroft is clearly the best TE left and we kind of have a need there, assuming Blanchflower is a bum. If not, it's not a bad thing to have 4 quality TE's. Sorry Glowinski.

Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think there are any RB's or TE's worth taking at this point. I'm going to go with GB's vote and cast mine for:

Mark Glowinski, OG, WVU

Arggh, GB bailed on me, still staying with Glowinski. Kroft seems to be more of a NE type TE then a Steelers TE and needs a lot of work anyway, don't think you are gaining much over Blanchflower and seems like just throwing a pick away.

15. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Good call.

Count me in for Kroft.

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

17. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I'd be fine with Kroft

18. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I'm good for Kroft as well........

Can we call it yet??

Cajun

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Blast with all due respect I disagree, watch the film on this kid he lines up in the slot and on the line. He is a big target who can both catch and block. I will say if you go by numbers you will not like this guy cause the qb play has been bad there, but if you look on film he is cut from the same mold as Heath. JMO

20. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I vote for Ben Coleman. Just look at the guy. He's got psycho killer written all over him. QB lay awake at night in fetal position just thinking about him. O-linemen take the play off because they know there's no way to stop him. Plus he play offense too.

21. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    So...Ben Coleman it is.

Panthers are on the clock.

22. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Ok....looks like we can call it...

Results:

RB Magee - 1
    WR Diggs - 1
    OG Glowinkski - 2
    TE Kroft - 9

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No worries, what do I know :smiley1:

Thats what makes the draft so interesting, 2 people can look at a prospect and come away with totally different evaluations. I see him more as a seem guy than an inline blocker in the NFL, his blocking improved but still needs work and needs to put on some more weight to do it at the next level, Steelers love for their TE's to block. He could improve, not saying he can't, just seems to be more along the lines of what they have been drafting ever since they took Heath, project. JMO.

24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah for sure and that's what makes these boards fun as well. I am no expert and I have not watched a whole lot of film on him I just see this kid being more then a Branchflower and more of a Miller. Not that he is Miller just that with what I have watched he has the blocking skills and the "clutch" pass catching skills that Miller has done so well for us. Does he need help oh yeah but what a better guy to learn from right?

I think if we get this guy in the 5th in the real draft that would be a steal, jmo. This also gives us more time to spend early round picks on the bigger needs like CB and OLB. :thumbs_up:

25. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I don't like Dupree in rd 1, too risky, rd 1 should be no questions slamdunk. I like Rowe. I DON'T like Golson, just too short,no vertical, this year and last year loaded the NFL up with top tier WE. I like Henderson, a steal where he was taken. Kroft is a work in progress.... in the 5th that's ok.

Cajun