1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dri Archer and Josh Harris

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by contract, Jan 4, 2015.

1. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I actually thought they played all right, vs a tough defense. On that first and goal when Ben took that horrible sack, I was screaming for a run play...but no!!

If Archers TD wasn't called back because of a BS holding call, then he would have had a nice game. Plus, he was open a few other times where Ben either refused to throw to him or didn't see him.

2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This is the thing for me:

The Steelers played TN on Nov 17, and Blount was released a day or so later. They had a bye week to get a vet RB, and didn't do it. They insisted they'd be fine w/ Archer and Harris.
    But they barely gave these guys and carries in the 4 1/2 games they played before Bells injury. In that time, Archer had one carry for zero yds, Harris had 5 for 11.
    Then Bell gets hurt and they show that they were so confident in these guys that they start a guy they sign off the street 3 days before the playoff game.

I got to believe that if they had signed Tate during the bye week, and gave him 6 weeks with the team, that he'd be much more effective and versatile.

3. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I'm not interested in gadget players. We were in need of a RB, and Archer couldn't be counted on to fill the role. Keeping Archer essentially means that the Steelers were only carrying 2 RBs on the roster. And if Archer had produced the lofty numbers that De'Anthony Thomas produced this season (269 yards & 1 TD on 37 touches from scrimmage) I still wouldn't understand the point of him.

Archer couldn't even beat out Wheaton for kickoff return duties ... and he keeps tripping over the hurdles on his way to the 20 yard line.

Gadget players are a waste of a roster spot.

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Well once you become a coach/etc in the NFL then you can make all the stupid decisions you want. And I'm not sure if you are saying during the draft they were in a need of an RB or what...if so they had Blount...so a backup/etc wasn't a need then. If you're talking now...they did get one in Tate. So Archer didnt prevent them from doing anything now either.

It always seems like you never like anything the team does. Seems like you only post negative things since you've been here. It just gets old...reaching for things to complain about now makes it even worse.

5. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    We picked up Tate 5 days ago?? We had to start him ahead of Archer even though he didn't know the offense. If that doesn't sound like an extreme handicap to you, I don't know what to tell you.

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yep id send harris and archer packing and keep tate