1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATE ON BELL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Dec 28, 2014.

1. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

[​IMG]

I was

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Why would people need rescuing during a fire drill? LOL. Still though he should get the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award for his heroism if that's true. You can never be too safe.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'd only be worried about him playing if it were against the Lions.

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It's incredible to me that a guy with his money has to still ride a bike. They must have taken his Camaro away! LOL! Seriously though this has to be good news but does anyone know how common it is for a guy to have this much movement this early in his treatment for this injury?

5. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Ben did the same thing.

6. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012

Remember who were playing, they will try to further hurt Him. I'd keep him in safe haven at this point. Next man up we win this.

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    [video=youtube;C2AYs9RBdl0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2AYs9RBdl0[/video]

8. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yep. Suh said he didn't realize he was stepping on Rodgers' foot. He thought it was his throat!

9. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012

:lolol:

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah. LOL.

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL! I never seen that because I only watch ESPN for MNF. Their best one though was the "Senior Night" where all the old people couldn't hear them. That was really funny. It was a long time ago though.

12. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    My favorite is when McCutchen and the pirate mascots come in and steal all the food from the meeting.

13. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I like the one where the New Jersey Devils mascot is already on the elevator and he's asked if he's "going up" and he just shakes his head no.

14. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Or when him and the Penguin are battling over the thermostat. ESPN does have some clever marketing.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The lox, plunder the lox.

16. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    :roflmao:

17. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Not saying he didn't matter, just that the running game wasn't the factor that won us the game, and therefore it wouldn't be so critical that we "can't win". That said, I mentioned in another thread about Bell that he is so much more important to our offense than just running and blocking - he had 83 catches this season - you can't just subtract that from an offense and not feel it. But I have confidence we'll still win without Bell.

18. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I agree and also thought of when Ben and Lefty played and should not have. We shall see!

19. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Not to hijack the thread, but on that topic - that idiot (Suh) now says that his feet were numb and he couldn't feel Rodgers under him. L to the OL.

20. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That must have been right after his brain went numb ;)

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Just read this:

Le'Veon Bell feels 'great,' but taking it day by day

By Aditi Kinkhabwala

PITTSBURGH -- Le'Veon Bell walked down the hallway Wednesday with no discernible limp. He stood by his locker and said, "I feel great." Twice. But then, when the Steelers running back with the hyperextended knee was asked if that "great" meant great enough to play Saturday night, he smiled and said, "Obviously, I'm taking it day by day."

Mike Tomlin said the Steelers would operate this week as if they won't have Bell in Saturday night's wild-card game vs. the rival Baltimore Ravens. The Steelers signed veteran running back Ben Tate, cast off by both the Browns and the Vikings this season, Tuesday. And even as Tomlin said he'd "leave the light on" for the team MVP and Bell's teammates said they were holding out hope, the focus Wednesday was on readying undrafted rookie Josh Harris.

"The expectation level is high. He's got big shoes to fill if 2-6 can't go," quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. "We'll see what happens, but we've got confidence in him."

In coming in after Bell was hurt Sunday night, Harris did show off his speed in a 59-yard run. It was ultimately called back after a late flag for holding, but Roethlisberger said he thought that run had to aid Harris' confidence -- and maybe even send a message to the Ravens that they should respect the Steelers' backup.

For his part, Harris said both receiver Antonio Brown and tight end Heath Miller have pulled him aside and talked to him about "staying calm." As a reporter asked Harris about the added pressure, linebacker Jason Worilds walked by and said, "There's no pressure. Don't put that in his head."

Harris very coolly said the best thing he can do "is make sure I have a really good week of practice. You play how you practice." He said his coaches are purposely not trying to overload him, but he's excited to show he can both catch the ball, and revel in blocking well just as much as Bell does. He quietly huddled with Bell in the locker room after talking to reporters and several Steelers said although Harris is shy, he has not been wary of asking for advice.

Tomlin, meanwhile, cautioned against expecting too much from Tate. Roethlisberger said at most, there might be a package of "a few runs here, a few passes there" for him. He said Tate stood up in the Steelers' team meeting room this morning and told his new teammates he's "just here to help us win."

Roethlisberger said he didn't know how -- or if at all -- the Steelers' offense would change if Bell is indeed out and the running back group wears these new faces. But he was reminded that the last time the Steelers and Ravens met, Nov. 2, the Steelers won by 20. And as a team only had 55 rushing yards. So maybe, as Tomlin said Tuesday, losing Bell isn't the end-all.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-it-day-by-day

22. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I don't know why but I just feel like he is going to go.

23. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Maybe it was more like a stinger, he walked perfectly fine going down the steps just after the accident

24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    so

come Saturday night there won't be any jogging on the field. Oh wait lol

25. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I drive past that main entrance on my way to work every day