1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATE ON BELL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    All Bell needs is some Robitussin

[video=youtube;YsY2-yi5W74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsY2-yi5W74[/video]

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Let dat tussin get down into the bone. LOL somewhat inappropriate given people getting upset over recent comments by Rock but dang funny anyway lol

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm thinking it's from here:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...le-for-leveon-bell-to-play-in-wild-card-game?

While it's pretty likely IMO that Bell doesn't play, IMO, Carroll pulls things out of his butt. There was a popular Dr. who writes for the National Football Post who said the bone bruise could be a worst case scenario Yesterday. Coincidentally Carroll says today that his source says that. Hmm.

4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'M gona go out on a limb and say Bell does play,, He might not play much but i bet he' see's the field

5. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    How short-sighted it is of them, then. Bell really wasn't the reason we killed them last time. They need only look to AB and Bryant.

And if it is a bone bruise, no way he's playing this week. In case you weren't aware, a bone bruise is the next best thing to a fracture. It technically is the fracturing of the sheath surrounding the bone. Very very painful. Let's hope that's not it.

6. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    I have fractured my bone as you stated above. Hyper-extended just like Bell, the ACL actually fractured part of my bone instead of tearing. Very painful, and bell wouldn't have been walking on it after it happened if it was fractured. I could only walk with a massive gimp. I was 18 or 19 at the time!

7. Ryan

Ryan Member

Dec 30, 2014
    He didn't run well, but he did catch a touchdown pass and he just provides that offense with so many more options. This idea that he didn't matter in that game is just not true.

8. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I hope we're not dumb enough to play Bell this week. It would be a total waste of a game day roster spot, and if Bell's knee gives out, I am going to flip out.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep - my main worry about Bell being out is not the running - I think Harris or Tate will be able to keep the Ravens honest in their coverage. What stepped up our offensive production this season was Bell's timing in his release and getting open for the dump off passes. We won't have that with the back ups, except maybe Archer, who improvised well on an extended play against the Bengals.

10. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This Carroll guy seems like a tool. And WTH does "almost impossible" mean anyway? Either its an injury that takes time, therefore, impossible. Or the therapy, pain management, health of Bell, along with a brace, can get Bell ready therefore, potential. Either his return is impossible or potential.

11. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I used to follow him, but stopped after I realized that he was an educated BS artist (IMO).

12. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    By many accounts, Bell has no discernible limp today.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    just read bell was riding the stationary bike today.:cool:

14. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    so

come Saturday night there won't be any bikes on the field:smiley1:

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I heard on SNR that he was jogging yesterday afternoon.

16. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I heard he actually ran into the espn home office and rescued people during a fire drill

17. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Coach T said that yesterday.
    And that. :)

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Why would it be dumb to play Bell this weekend?
    If the team Dr. Says he's good then that's all there really is to it.

19. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I heard that he ran to Baltimore yesterday to brush Suggs' teeth all by himself, then ran back to Pittsburgh last night without a shirt on.

20. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If he can't be his same aggressive, attacking running self....stay on the sideline.
    You can't play scared this game.

There is a bike behind the bench.

21. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Bell matters in every game. The NFL and the Steelers can preach "next man up" all they want to but the fact is you don't just replace a guy like Bell.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Actually most teams do have a stationary bike on the sidelines for players to keep warm during a game.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I wasn't making a joke.

24. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude where have you been? Tomlin has assured us all that the team doesn't live in their fears. LOL. I agree with you though. I don't wanna risk Bell getting really hurt because he is a huge part of the future of this franchise. However, given that Tomlin has let Ben play on one leg and didn't bench Lefty a few years ago when we would have beaten the Rats I honestly don't have a lot of faith in his ability to protect Bell. The only player I can think of that he would absolutely bench over a health concern was Ryan Clark. I know doctors give their opinions and all that but just because a guy "can" play doesn't necessarily mean he "should" play. I personally think Bell isn't playing though because they signed Tate. Also if he does play is he gonna start or is he gonna be 3rd behind Harris and then Archer?

25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    sorry missed that, but they said he was riding it today at the facility.:cool: