1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ok everyone. The last time...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wreck, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The last time we went to the post season was January 8th of 2011. On that day we got Tebow'd and fell in round one.

The last time we won a play-off game was in 2010, as we marched through the Jan 15th and Jan 23rd games and then fell in the Superbowl.

So Jan 23rd, 2010 - The last time we won in the post season. It's been almost 5 years.

I want that record broken January of 2015. As a long-time Steeler fan way back into the early 90's, I am going through post season withdrawal right now and need the feeling of a post season WIN. Not just an appearance.

:cool:

2. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Gosh it's been so long, I'm debating the possible opponents in the wild card. Would we rather play Indy on the road, San Diego or Baltimore at home?

3. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I would love a Baltimore at home game. We seem to catch fire when we play them in the post season. But if we do lose, I'd rather it not be to Baltimore. Choices Choices!

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Give me Indy. That team is the worst of the AFC playoff teams, except for possibly Cincinnati

5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Im still traumatized by the Tebow game...

Im ok with San Diego at home. West coast team traveling to Pittsburgh...a warm team playing in Pittsburgh in January plus I think Keenan Allen is injured- not sure if it was season ending or not.

6. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    You are slightly off - the last playoff game was January 8th, 2012 and the last playoff win was January 23rd, 2011.

Agreed though it seems long enough since we won one in the post season....while were at how about 4.

7. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I love the fact that we are talking about who will play who and so forth. Miss all of these playoff discussions.

8. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    San Diego is the last team I want to face. I was at the game the last time we played them at Hienz field and we lost. We could not stop Phil Rivers and he kept dinking and dunkin on a us the whole game. They are hot right now and playing good offense that I think our defense would have a hard time with.

i would rather play Denver, Cincy, Colts, or the Rats and the Patriots or San Diego the least.

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This post is giving me visions of Tannenhill sadly... sigh.... I know you didn't mean to do this so I won't hold it against you my friend. LOL.

10. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I would love to have a home game but give me the Patriots if we are on the road. I believe that we can beat them and what a confidence boost it would be when we did. Plus, I love to see Billyboy and Brady cry when they lose (also love to see the NFL media suck a big fat Steeler pickle). People that don't think we would have a chance in that game buy way too much into the NFL media hype. They are not the best team in the NFL and you wont convince me otherwise. Seems to me that we are playing a little salty as of late and I love it!

11. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :facepalm: I don't know how other teams fans survive when their team never even sees A Superbowl once!!!!!!!! Ahem Browns Ahem!

12. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Love for that to come true, as I sat and watched New England celebrate on our field twice in the AFCCG and haven't been to one since. But first opponents first, New England has a bye in the first week.

13. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Imagine all the penalty calls/non calls that would go in their favor, would be a daunting task! Roger wants either Brady or Manning in the Bowl.

14. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Rivets has a bulging disc in his back and is as immobile as ever and they have no running game...hoping we play them.

15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Correction: Ike Taylor got Tebowed. So hope they're is a lesson learned. Keep him on the sidelines being a cheerleader.

I don't care who they play, I want to see the Division Title first. The Bungles are all highed up beating a struggling donkey's team. Time to set the tone for the post season...

16. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    That's a good one. I don't like playing Baltimore.. period. Both teams rise to a level of play that is like a Superbowl game, and the chances of injuries is too high.

I believe you can line anyone against this team- at home or away- and it the end is the same... Steelers win. They are on fire and hitting the stride right now.

17. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would prefer not Baltimore. Honestly give me Cinci or SD. I am not convinced Dalton is a prime time QB and Rivers can't move. Baltimore, especially Flacco seems to play at another level when he faces us. We seem to get the good Flacco instead of the average or bad Joe.

I want to be the 3 seed. I believe we can win the home game, go to Denver and beat them and then turn around and go to NE and get a win. I know probably too optimistic but I think both sides of the ball are starting to click. We are going to be a tough out as long as we don't beat ourselves!!!

18. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I see your point about Rivers, but did you see him against San Fran.? He willed the chargers to win, and was clutch. He will pass about 50 to 60 times and I not sure our DB's can handle that. He also gets rid of the ball just before he gets sacked. Also San Fran has better DB's and he still passed on them all game.

19. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I'm mad that we may have to play the cheats for the championship.
    You know damn well Bill is gonna drill Blount to get all our secrets.

Gosh I hope that weed hurts his memory

of course
    Bill probably all ready got all the information out of him.

20. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Blount don't remember his name Dar. Play anyone anywhere. Whoop em all and show da bling!