1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NO PLAYOFF TEAM

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bettissb40, Nov 30, 2014.

1. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011

This is the biggest joke of a post I have ever seen...clowns like you are the reason why I rarely come on here anymore...If it weren't for Ben we may...MAY have won 8-10 combined!!!!!! in the last 3 seasons...

2. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Look here bozo, I'm grateful for all Ben has done in the past but the fact is I just don't think he's worth a huge extension. Let me ask you this bozo, would you rather see Big Ben make so much money that we are so strapped that we can't re tool and then you can talk about "well without Ben we might not have even won four games this year" I'd like to see Ben retire a steeler but if it's going to break the bank I just don't agree with it.

3. SteelerFan

SteelerFan Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    And how has Ben being on the team been for our playoff wins over the last 3 years. It is not one person that makes the team it is a sum of the whole. Time to look at the whole and make changes to make this team better after loses to the Jets, Bucs, and Saints (after a bye week). I don't think elite QB's lose 3 times in a season to way below sub 500 teams.

4. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Lets cool down a little. Everyone is frustrated with the inconsistent results of this team. We watch the jeckyl and hyde routine of this offense and we are left scratching our heads. Why can't we have any consistency? Then we watch our defense not getting sacks, not getting turnovers and getting burnt down the field, and we are again left scratching our heads. These are very frustrating times watching this team. I have no idea what their identity is or even what they are trying to be. That's what bother me the most. I don't know what this team is about anymore. At least in the old days you knew it was about playing smashmouth on both sides of the ball. Even when they lost, they put a hurting on the other team and no one really wanted to play them. This team needs to find its physicality again and go out there and impose its will on teams again.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Lets leave the name calling out of it.

Ben does far more good than bad, he was off today. Let Ben walk, add another 3 seasons of no playoffs.

The team isn't that far away talent wise, offense has plenty of weapons and the defenses primary need is the secondary.

6. Dooner

Dooner Member

Sep 21, 2014
    I don't think you can turn on physicality on an offensive and defensive line. You either have it or you don't these guys don't.

7. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I agree the defense is the worst aspect on this team, from the players to the scheme. I just don't see how we're supposed to field a winning team with Ben eating up cap space like Joe Flacco. In the last five (going on six) seasons we've been in the playoffs once and got embarrassed by Tim Tebow, all of those teams led by Ben.

8. Dooner

Dooner Member

Sep 21, 2014
    Agreed. This team has no shot at a Super Bowl appearance. Tank the remaining games, and get some good draft picks. Provided we CAN choose some good ones. On to next year!

9. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :facepalm:

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude. That's pretty extreme.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

I was hoping it was sarcasm. They already have 7 wins, you're not picking top 10 anyway where the real game changers are.

12. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Agreed.

And furthermore, if I found that this team laid down the final 4 games to get draft picks, I'd have to seriously consider not being a fan anymore. That's deplorable.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    There's that too.

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Also even if we DID get a "good pick" it would by no means fix all the problems we have. Most of the really good players on our team weren't first rounders anyway. (cough) AB (cough). Just because you get a HIGH pick doesn't mean it will be a GOOD pick. We just need to make the most out of the picks we DO get.

15. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    and here comes another question (ahahaha) do we have good evaluators ?

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    That's something else I've scratched my head over. The whole 08 draft comes to mind.

17. Lieut512

Lieut512 Member

Sep 30, 2014
    dont bank on it.

18. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    losing kiesel will be tough to overcome

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I didn't realize that we signed him to a 2yr deal. I thought we only signed him to a 1yr deal.

20. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    So maybe I'm missing something here, haven't studied it too hard to TBH... nfl.com has us as the 9th seed. Yet, shouldn't we be 6th seed because of our conference record? It's better than any of the other 7-5 teams. :hmmm:

21. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    since we still are in the 3 way tie with balt clev rats , we are last between them ..

22. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Thats maximum optimism, Our defense gives up a 143 yards rushing and lets Brees throw 5 TD passes to 5 different receivers, and we're going to bounce back on the road against the bungholes after they look at this game film and see a secondary that couldn't cover themselves with a blanket, and with 8 in the box cant stop the run, I don't see a bounce back coming anytime soon, and the clock is ticking with only 4 games left, it's time to put a fork in this team.............

23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I dont know I would pull the plug yet as a fan.. The team is able they just have to show up and play 60 minutes of football.

Your not far off just a bit premature Diamond

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The bungles sucked something awful against Tampa and Dalton can't carry Brees jock, he won't have that kind of performance. They will probably split with Cincy, beat Atlanta and that leaves KC as the big game in my mind, thats the make or break game. Hopefully they show up because that is the hardest game left on the schedule.

25. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    we can still control who win the superbowl .. just win 8 games in a row :lol: