1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Game Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Nov 9, 2014.

1. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I agree here. I'd put Bryant in as the 2 and Wheaton/Moore can rotate at the slot.

2. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    So we're safe next week then? (Titans = .222)

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Tomlin doesn't defer. That is Ben's call.

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I heard about this on Cooler Talk. They don't know for sure if Tomlin was the one that put him in or Haley. They are gonna actually ask for clarification in Tuesday's press conference.

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I heard this after the game today and Tomlin was actually asked about it in his presser and he very artfully must have "misheard" what they said because he made it about turnovers. Charlie Batch said that Tomlin was so ticked in his presser that the media didn't really push him on any questions. The stat is ACTUALLY in the last 9 GAMES he is 1-8 against teams .200 or below. It is absolutely not a myth that we play worse against crappy teams. At least not recently. I know Cowher did it to but man it seems now we do it much more consistently.

6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I also read where Ben said the field goal unit was running on to the field on third dwn. He said it was verry disorganized on that series .

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Wow. Well maybe the FG unit just sees no need to prolong the inevitable. LOL.

8. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    So we are consistently inconsistent?

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes. Although I really feel like the thing the team lacks the most is resolve.

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

This is definitely a trend with Tomlin, Steelers used to be a great road team too, and now they are really weak on the road.

11. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    This game gave me Ebola.

12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I was trying to watch the game on Gamepass. Stupid internet was being slow, and it kept buffering every 2-3 seconds. Every time the game came back, the Jets had scored!

So in the end I gave up, but not sure I missed too much. One thing I would say: the defense in the first few drives was tackling reminiscent of the Bengals in the early 2000s. I presume, from the box score, that they improved, but that killer edge certainly wasn't there early on.

13. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Frustration.jpg

14. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    You forgot the green font. Fixed it for you.

15. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow. That's fantastic.

To be honest, I am not really that upset about this game. I kind of thought this would happen. The game plan was horrendous. It didn't really appear as though we prepared defensively at all for a mobile qb. When your K cant make a 23 yard field goal, its just time to accept that it's not your day and get out the Rumplemintz ;)

16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wrong Offensive approach and we used the wrong guys in the wrong spots..We played right into their scheme . If the Team fails to see what I see on tape we will continue to struggle on Offense ...Why call for a ball in triple coverage ? And then why throw it ? Why all the tight sets ? Where was the medium passing game ?

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    That's exactly how I felt. I had even told some people that I felt like the Jets would probably win. I just don't invest in this roster like I have others. I'm still dying for them to win but I just don't get myself so worked up that I set myself up for failure. In the NFL you have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat if you want to be a genuine contender. We haven't been doing that. We struggled with the Jags, lost to the Bucs, and now this debacle. There's just no need to get all worked up over this team. I think my attitude has became, with every game, "they CAN win". Whereas, it used to be "they WILL win". I hope that we really have turned a corner and yesterday was just an anomaly but who knows?

18. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I tend to agree, BFT. Though I still get very worked up and annoyed about it, I was half-expecting the performance we saw last night.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    lol, I actually thought about you during the game, "I guess Fear is breaking out the Rumplemintz right about now" :lolol:

20. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I've been saying it for weeks now; Haley's style is to run the numbers and run plays that he thinks the defense is not expecting, opposing team's strengths and weaknesses be damned! Sometimes it works out great and at others it looks like we're just beating our heads into a wall. For me, I prefer exploiting an opponent's weakness philosophy instead of the sleight of hand mentality we have going on.

21. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Another unprepared Steeler team because we were playing a 1-7 team. We always do this, never a game plan. This team just can't stand prosperity and never will. I dread the bye week coming up because we never prepare for the game coming up after the bye.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, Tomlin has a good record for the game after the bye, 6-2 or something like that.

But yes, Saint game worries me too.

23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Beware of the Titans on the road, they have nothing to lose and Whisenhunt would really get a huge satisfaction in beating the Steelers, this will be his superbowl: With 6 games left this is when teams want to win every game, the good ones go into playoff mode, they don't under estimate any team, the good ones will play you hard, and the bad ones will play you even harder in their role as the spoiler: It was hard for me to see Rex Ryan grinning and gloating over this win as if he didn't just lose 8 games in a row.......

24. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Need to have a 4 lead TENS machine hooked up to their nuts and one on each side of theie azz hole. Every time they do something stupid like Mitchel did a few times. CRANK IT UP TO 10. Watch em flip around and say. NOW YOU KNOW WHY THAT HAPPENED?
    IT WILL HAPPEN AS LONG AS YOU ARE DUMB

25. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Diamond it is 50/50 we get beat. Wiz is planning for that. Wonder if Tomlin even suspects?