1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Game Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Your 2 top Offensive guys give the ball up 2 times a piece! They need to own this loss!

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I would really like to see us come out swinging. It's just like we HAVE to run it up the middle to start or something. Why can we not just come out and sling it and be aggressive. I guess that's what I REALLY want it just pure aggression. On BOTH sides of the ball.

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    THIS :lolol:

4. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just want to know WHO IS THE ANSWER in your opinion?

5. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Exactly what I alluded to earlier in the week. Wrong gameplan. Why would you go against what has gotten you 41+ ppg over the past 3 games? Runs? Against their D? Really?

6. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    The GREAT thing is, though, if we somehow manage to sneak into the playoffs, we won't have to face the wrath of teams like the Bucs, Jets, and Raiders....only GOOD teams that we'll need to have a plan for....

7. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    This is a team that cannot handle prosperity. Back to back wins against solid teams, then a clunker. Failure in all 3 phases, but despite all of the turnovers, the Jets only scored 20. Redzone woes came back after a brief hiatus. No running game, missed chip shot FG, fumble on a punt...everything that could have gone wrong did, and the game was still there for the taking late in the 4th.
    Not sure where they go from here. Burn the tape and focus on beating a bad Titans team, because a loss would be detrimental.

8. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    No, he would have still looked like a moron. There is no excuse for that :bscow:

9. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Starts with deferring the kickoff. Tomlin should have sent a message. Yeah we will take the ball and put your asses behind 7-0.

10. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    People just wait for anything they can pin on Ben. That first INT was not on him. He had the matchup. He made the throw. It's the WRs job to get his body between the DB and the ball.

11. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Will the real Pittsburgh Steelers please stand up!

12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I don't know why he would defer the kick off when you have the hottest arm in the league the past two weeks. Ryan probably was laughing about that immediately.

13. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    This is my point !! It seems week in and week out the Steelers game plan is pre-set to the redundancies of their short passing game. I'm not saying it doesn't always work, however- why not ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK the Jets (as bad as & arguably worse) secondary more often ?

Our O-Coordinator goes from Hero to Zero in a mere week. No surprise there though.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats good, always take things so literally, hows that working out for you guys.

15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    lol. Other than loosing today, things seem to be wrking out ok.. how about yourself??;)

16. BFreeZ28

BFreeZ28 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This is not a playoff caliber team.

This is a disgrace.

To lose to Vick and Ryan when they only have one win.

Not acceptable.

17. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think the run game is to try and take some pressure off Ben, teams game plan to come after him like we did Andrew Luck with the major difference is balls being caught. In the first series a ball throw high to Bell was more than catchable but he missed it, and as I said before, Haley's short passing game requires too many guys to do their job and if one guy misses a block the whole play is blown. A good example was the 5 yard loss on the pass to Johnson, it was designed to be a screen but Heath missed his guy and it caused the whole play to blow up as everyone was in a different position. We have guys who can play pitch and catch, not do fancy route running with extraordinary blocking skills and the o-line just isn't consistent enough to pull those plays off either.

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Ben gave T.H credit for " being in the zone with his play calling" earlier this , Well if this was it, Heaven help us!!

19. Steel_Razorback

Steel_Razorback Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    this is what happens when a team coasts on physical talent instead of the mental character born from discipline, preparation, focus, and hard work. Almost all games against teams like the Jets/Tampa Bay/Browns should be won on off-performance days. If this team knew how not to make mistakes and to play sound fundamental football based on technique and strategy they would have won 2 more games this season. I know execution stinks... but that comes from poor preparation, lack of direction, and players working as individual talents...
    And now for :beathorse:. This Reminds me of Coach Nolan Richardson who built some world beating athletic teams that could decimate top teams at any given moment... and they looked amazing doing it when opponents tried to match their "40 min. of hell" game style. But after a single Nat. Champ. they routinely lost to bottom feeding teams they should handily destroy and easily fell apart when faced with a thinking coach / disciplined team that could frustrate their athleticism, demand they played as a unit, or when enough players just weren't "in the groove." He too, like Coach T., was more a sidelines (court) observer that never made any adjustments - letting coordinators do coaching and the players do as they wanted. Consequently, very few of these uber talented athletes graduated or had quality NBA careers despite all their physical ability, as they lacked the fortitude, work ethic, and mental toughness to compete at that level. This Steeler team's attitude and unpredictable performances fall on Tomlin. How in the **** do you expect to get anywhere by blowing off TEAM preparation, study, and as your "standard" - being wildly unprepared for the first half of the season and preseason?!

20. Romans5:8

Romans5:8 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm with you.

21. Steel_Razorback

Steel_Razorback Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    :applaud:

:praying:

22. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Great movie.

23. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :lolol:

[​IMG]

24. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I'm afraid I agree. 6-5 here we come.

25. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    This team is too frustrating to explain in words.