1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ravens- the dirtiest birds in the league

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelgirl84, Nov 2, 2014.

1. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Slo-mo makes it much more fun to watch!:applaud:

2. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    Suggs should have been ejected. He should be suspended at least one game and fined. Can you imagine if Harrison would have done this?

3. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Welllllllll, I think it was Harrison's last hit on Flacco where he definitely drove him in the ground. Think he got the AARP benefit of the doubt from the refs; "no way that old dude could pick him up and slam him"

4. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Or as a stand in for Enemy Mine 2. That's why I changed my avatar.

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They need to add McPhee to the list as well. During that hat trick of sacks he jumped up and smacked the top of Ben's helmet which should have drawn a flag but didn't. Not as bad as the rest but clearly showed that they were going to hit Ben regardless of the rules.

6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Their goal was to knock Ben out of the game, they get their dirty playing from their sneaky head coach, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't put a bounty on Ben, both Hairballs are losing and I hope they keep losing...

7. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I loved how we went right back at them. Next possession McClendon drives Flacco in the turf. Not sure if it should have been a penalty or not. Don't care. You put one of ours in the hospital we put one of yours in the morgue to quote Sean Connery... :)

Last night was awesome when the dirty birds were falling apart and we kept the foot on the gas. 43 points on that "vaunted" defense is payback enough. Enjoy the cellar Johnny!!!

8. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    He should have been ejected for that. Suggs can and did say he was trying for the leg not the knee but the head-butt to the face on Ben was a deliberate strike. League won't do it but he should miss a game or two for that hit.

9. SteelerHead

SteelerHead Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Now that a few hours have passed...and my blood pressure is back down to normal levels...I have to say that the ravens have stooped to an all-time low in their sleazy,scumbag,dirty,cheapshot,underhanded,slimeball defense tactics...particularly SUGGS.Suggs deserves maybe the highest fine EVER handed down by the NFL for his(what should be)criminal action against Blount.Ravens got stomped as they deserved...total scumbags. WAY TO GO STEELERS!!!

10. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I agree that the Ravens may be the dirtiest team I have ever watched. I have been watching football for a long time (45 years ) and I remember the raiders and their tactics. The difference is the ravens cant out physical a team without the dirtyness. They cant play physical and win, they have to play dirty to injure and remove other players in order to think they are better.

11. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Thugs will be thugs!

12. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    That was the dirtiest football i've seen since some high school games I played that involved tooth picks in knee pads and finger nails sharpened like knives. I just hope Dr Wallace did his work well enough that some ravens are visiting therapists today for hugs and support.

13. spleeny09

spleeny09 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Can somebody tell me when NFL fines come out...or is it at Rogers discretion (control freak)? I have a bet with a sorry @$$ raven fan that Thuggs will get fined for his hit on Blount...but I can't find any NFL fines yet for week 9. I thought they came out on Tuesdays usually. Thanks in advance.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Off topic but your avatar brings back bad memories, not that I didn't like the movie but because I was sick as a dog, bad case of the flu, was in 10th grade, lost like 20lbs and almost went to the hospital before it finally broke.

Favorite part of that movie was when he laughs after the structure Quaids character just built falls down :lolol:

15. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    That is funny. So do you get feeling queasy every time you see Suggs without his helmet?

16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    No, he got the benefit of knowing what the rules are. He clearly did not wrap up and drive Flacco to the ground and held his arms out to prove it. Even on the way down you could see he had his head up and was looking right at the official when he landed.

17. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Ravens are saying their top CB, Smith is out for the season. A little football karma?

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Definitely! :roflmao:

19. Ohio Steeler

Ohio Steeler Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Any fines will be announced today.

20. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'd expect a few fines. Ravens LB Albert McClellan has already reportedly been fined $8,268 for a late special teams hit.

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs acknowledged that he's heard from the NFL regarding his controversial hit on Pittsburgh Steelers running back LeGarrette Blount.
    Suggs was penalized for unnecessary roughness when he struck the running back from behind during a 43-23 loss Sunday night. He was called a dirty player by Blount and Steelers linebacker James Harrison accused Suggsof intentionally trying to hurt Blount with a low tackle.
    [​IMG]Related story: A leaner Terrence Cody makes his return for RavensAaron Wilson

Suggs might face a fine from the league office. Fines are typically communicated to players by Thursday via a registered letter from the NFL, and are announced Friday afternoon.
    "A little something, but we're going to see," Suggs said when asked if he'd been contacted by the league. "We're going to look into it."

22. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Suggs has been fined.

[tweet]530796524998238208[/tweet]

23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That's a small fine IMO.. He paused seen the runner was all but stopped and chose to go hit him and hit him low ...That hit could have very well ended his career ...

Should have fined him 25 K IMO...

24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Suggs was fined less, than when a player wears 'Beats bye Dre' headfone's :facepalm:

25. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Upshaw got his...

[tweet]530812430277173248[/tweet]