1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

hey negative nellies.. How about some Positives!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dinochoppers, Oct 15, 2014.

1. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I know some of you are down on our "old d line" but the way that Kiesel caught up to Jordan cameron on that big throw was fantastic. For 36 years old, he hustled down the field and made that play.

lets hear it.. Some cheering already.

I'm tired of the all the negatives... lets find some more positives...and positve that there is another loss coming doesn't count.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think you and SC have started hitting the sauce a little early today :lolol:

Joking aside, lets not divide the board into factions with these types of threads. We're all Steelers fans that want the same thing, each person goes about it differently. :steelflag:

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agree 100%! Also I think we can all do a little better job of taking it down a notch.

4. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Positives? Whats positive about our 3-3 record with the schedule we have had nothing. This is not today's rec leagues where everyone gets to play a certain number of plays and everyone gets a participation trophy. Its the NFL and one of the proudest franchises that there is. The only positives I see is that Bell looks like he is going to be a stud for a while.

5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    You can just ignore them Glenn

6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Some Positives for me:

Tuitt, McCullers, Shazier, Bryant. Up and comers. Could work out to be one of the best drafts in years.

Bell: Top 5 running back in the league, needs to be utilized more.

Wow, that was tough. Like living in NY around Jets and Giant fans :lolol:

I live in NJ, the state of mutts. But there are a lot of Eagles fans :facepalm:

7. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Indeed. :this!:

8. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
  9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    [video=youtube;vo9AH4vG2wA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo9AH4vG2wA[/video]

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd add the previous draft too, you already mentioned Bell but JJ, Shark and Wheaton, Vince Williams (good role player, definitely nothing soft about him) and JB (yes, I think JB will be a strong possession receiver for us, I know some of you just threw up). I think there is a lot of potential with the last 2 drafts.

11. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    How is this for a positive.....We can rebuild and become competitive in this league pretty quickly. Just ask the Browns!

Ooops, this might not be that positive now that I read it.

:facepalm:

12. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :club: My name ain't Nelly!:tease:

13. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am positive that we will not face the Browns again this year, thank goodness!!! There is talent on this team that is very young and that is exciting. But what is scary is how long it seems to take us to develop that talent...

14. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    I really liked how the defense never gave up in the last game versus the Browns once they were down due to huge mistakes. Mitchell and Timmons continued to levy hard hits, and the front 7 seemed to do better at getting into the backfield. They still didn't touch Hoyer consistently, but they were getting into the backfield. They now need to learn how to mitigate holding by the opposing offensive line that the refs aren't going to call.

15. deljzc

deljzc Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Positives for me:

1. Le'Veon Bell is better than I thought. Him losing weight has made a big difference.

2. Despite not seeing much of either, I think Tuitt and Bryant were value draft selections and should help make the team better in the long run.

3. Even though I was against the pick and think we overpaid, Shazier is a player (even if it's at a position I think the Steelers over-value right now).

4. I know I'm the only one, but I like having Cortez Allen under contract (the same can not be said for Gilbert).

5. I'm pretty sure Antonio Brown is my favorite "new" Steeler on the roster. I think he will mature as a person and define what being a "Steeler" is over the next decade. He just needs to keep his head and not let outside voices influence him too much.

That's it.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    This is why I chuckle when I read that Tomlin has lost the team, these guys love him and haven't quit on him yet, not last year and not this year.

17. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    only 10 games left, thank god this isn't baseball

18. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Blast, you and I have been in step with what's going on, here. I'm not saying Tomlin is the second coming of Noll. Nor, should he be. I do believe that he has what it takes to push the Steelers into competitive position in the new NFL. Can he? Yes. Will he? Only time will tell. But so far it seems positive.

19. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    mmmmkay?!

20. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    :shrug: HUH? 8-8 8-8 3-3.....Yeah future is so bright I gotta wear shades.:cool:

Tomlin came in on Cowhers coat tails and has not done ANYTHING to improve this team. Hes got to go and so does TH.

21. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Ok i'll bite, everything can be fixed that is going wrong (talent is there). So the positive is hopefully they figure this out before all is lost. Is that positive enough??

22. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Q...If the talent is there and we are still not winning where does the responsibility lie???

A...Coaching!!!

23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We should be able to get a top 10 pick , we may be able to get another top 10 next year...Most say the Steelers will fall off bad after Ben leaves so after those 2 seasons we may be able to pick in the top 5 for a few years....

That's my positive from not winning ....

24. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Um, not to rain on the "I love Tomlin, how 'bout you" chum feast, but......DIDN'T WE JUST GET OUR REAR ENDS HANDED TO US BY THE CLEVELAND BROWNS,THE CLEVELAND FREAKING BROWNS on Sunday, guys? I'm still not in the mood to give kudos to the defense after they gave up 31 points to the Clowns on Sunday nor am I in the mood to give Mike Tomlin, any credit, beloved player's coach he may be, as he steers us headlong into Mediocreville for the THIRD CONSECUTIVE SEASON!!!!! Shoot, he may shoot right past Mediocreville and run headlong into SUCKVILLE by the time this season is over.

But I realize that we're looking for positive vibes on this thread so I'll give kudos to LeVeon Bell and the great season he's having so far. Hopefully, Tomlin, Haley and company will learn how to use him in the RZ.

Carry on with the Tomlin lovefest now.

25. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Yep you nailed it!