1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

BEN....$100MM Man

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelburgh, Oct 12, 2014.

1. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    The Seahawks are better for Wilson being effective. Guys as good as Wilson earning $800k simply aren't available at Target.

2. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    That's all well and good. As I said, I'm not arguing that.

What I'm saying is that a top QB can hit hit receivers in coverage. Many times there's man coverage in the end zone... especially near the sidelines.

Ben to Santonio Holmes in SB43 for the win. Holmes was open on the other side of the end zone, on the previous play (or 2 plays prior; something like that).

These charts show me it's possible. And I've seen it happen. Heath is out there, but I'm afraid he's often helping the O-Line. They should be able to get him on a release for an out route, or something. Or they could send him straight up the middle when the opposing LBs crash. But that's a Haley/Munchak play to work out.

Ben is making too much money not to be able to hit his personnel.

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't think all of a sudden the OL becomes terrible. I think there formations dictate their play selection and their ability to confuse a defense. If you are going to run the ball down there use a FB ,that opens up other options like play action. The biggest problem I see is that their plays are to random and formations one dimensional,that's why they are so easy to stop,there's no deception.

4. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It may not be that the O-Line is terrible, but perhaps they can't handle the additional pressure the opposing front 7 is coming with, at that point.

I agree with your other points. 2 backs (Bell/Blount), lead blockers and PA would definitely open up more options to score in the red zone.

5. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    ia gree we probaly will not be a contender in the next 3 years (superbowl bound), so i will think about a new qb rather soon than later meanwhile i will use the cap to rebuild with young players

6. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Finding a decent QB won't be as hard as it was in the 80's. These new guys are coming out pro style offenses and we have seen quite a few of them take off early in their careers the last few years.