1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin/Haley fight and Ben has been playing with injured throwing wrist.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Oct 13, 2014.

1. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    A guy from usa today was on espn radio giving information about the Steelers. Haley and Tomlin had a shoving match after the Steelers loss to Cleveland. Also, Ben has been playing with a wrist injury for the last three games after hitting a helmet had been taken cortisone shots.

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It would be interesting to know what Tomlin and Haley were fighting about, if this is even true.

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Tomlin should go beat up a mirror instead.

4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    hard to believe the fighting. it would be all over espn and any other station. anytime something negative happens with steelers its news.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm not to sure in a blowout type of game that in the 4th qtr. we shouldn't have sat ben if this is the case. I wondered about his hand after that hit when it happened. ben is not a guy to leave the field even if he is hurting more than helping, but in the case of an azz whoopin, MT should step in and make the move in the 4th qtr. to save SOME wear and tear on him.:cool:

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i hope hailey next time shoot him so in onE minute we solve our problem , one dead and the other in prison .
    I'M JOKING ...OF COURSE
    ahahahaah :roflmao:

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Haley: This isn't my deal, if you don't want to run the offense I am giving you.
    Tomlin: Shut up Man, we run what makes Ben happy, We rise and fall on the coattails of Ben.
    Haley: Well then you obviously don't need me, I'm basically a trained monkey!
    Tomlin: Is that some sort of racist remark?
    Haley: Whatever man, I think I'm going to go back to Arizona and Steelers West.
    Tomlin: Whatever loser make sure they ain't bugging your cell phone.
    Haley: F U Omar Epps!
    Tomlin: I'll own that obviously.

8. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    :lolol:

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Was wondering why Ben was in there myself.

As for the rumored fight, if its true, hope Haley is on the next bus out of town. Brings trouble everywhere he goes.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I can't believe that's true about the shoving etc. There's just no way that's true IMO. Who was the USA Today reporter?

It looked serious at first when Ben hit his wrist on Gilbert's helmet during the Bucs game, but you never know with him. I can see it having lingering effects.

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Don't necessarily disagree but there was plenty of trouble in Tomlin's locker room before Todd brought some of his own. Biggest trouble is the owners want Haley to play Steeler football, Tomlin isn't sure what he wants and Ben wants to the "man" whatever that means

12. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    This just gets worse everyday :facepalm:

13. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know, it seems to me like Haley, Ben and Tomlin all have gigantic egos and would be tough to get along with

14. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Agree! If that's the case with infighting, a Ben trade may become reality. It'll bite the Rooneys in the ass but maybe not. There does need to be a shake up however uncomfortably soon it seems for this teams stability, but something's off and it has been and nothing states it'll turn around.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You don't know any of that.

Not so sure Tomlin does, but Ben and Haley, for sure. Tomlin after all kept DL and if reports are true, Haley was forced on him. At the same time, wouldn't surprise me if he does, being a NFL HC and an A-type personality probably goes hand in hand.

But as far as Haley:

Famous melt down in Arizona
    Ugly fight with owner in KC, accuses them of planting bugs and spying.
    Allegedly has shoving match with Tomlin, remains to be seen if true.

Off field:

Screws contractors out of money and trashes home.
    Boards his dogs for 6 months (ahole for doing that alone) and then skips out on bill.

16. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    None of that has anything to do with how easy he is to get along with on the field. But if I had to guess, I would think all 3 of those guys would be a nightmare to deal with. Ben is for sure, there's no denying that. Haley most likely is, although I guess it's possible he's just crazy and not a pain in the ass, and Tomlin also being an egomaniac is probably a safe bet. Those 3 guys seem difficult based on what I see

Haley being forced on Tomlin makes things that much worse. Tomlin probably doesn't have the power to fire him, so I'm sure those two clash constantly. It sounds like Tomlin is heavily involved in not just the game plan, but also the playcalling.

17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Bad chemistry on this team. That's part of the problem. I've been critical of Tomlin, but I just wonder if he's been given the reins by Rooney to hire any of his own people. Maybe what needs to happen is the coordinators, both of them, even the great Dick LeBeau, get canned and Tomlin is told the team is truly his. Hire an OC and a DC that will truly implement your coaching philosophy. If you don't show definitive signs of improvement by the time your contract expires there won't be a next contract. Period. End of story!

18. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    How's that? I don't recall ever hearing a coach say he was a problem to deal with.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It does in the sense that he has a history of being a trouble maker, both on and off the field.

But, lets wait to see if this is even true, I'd imagine something like this will come out if it is.

20. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    You honestly think Ben is a piece of cake to deal with? With everything we've heard about him over the years, there's just no way you can think that.

21. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Umm, huh? Where did I say or even imply that?

You said:

Ben is a nightmare to deal with- for sure- there's no denying that. What has a coach said or implied that would make that undeniable?

22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ben has been off for a couple games... didn't he take a shot against Carolina or Baltimore? I forget now.

I got to believe that an injury is affecting his accuracy. If it is not major there is reason to want to cover it up. you don't want to give the opp. an advantage.

23. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Pfft...

I say let it fester. When one finally cold cocks the other during a game on live TV (But do a better job than Buddy Ryan did on Kevin Gilbride), it'll actually make the game worth watching, unlike the last 3 weeks.

24. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    A frick'n soap opera...

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Don't forget misses team flight to Baltimore!
    I knew the place was going down hill when these type of things happen. He and everybody else must go.