1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Game Loss Complaint Thread- Browns Super Loss Edition

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Oct 12, 2014.

1. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    :lolol:

I had to log in just to comment on this...well said!

2. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hey I remember that guy in the video. He bounced back and forth with the wind and then acted like he was behind them all along when they won. :lolol:

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Wow. You, like, totally missed the whole point of that character.

Oh, right, if someone doesn't praise the team all day every day, they're not a real fan, right? We're going down this road again?

4. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Thanks for all the assumptions. :lolol:

5. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Edit:

Never mind. I'm in a foul mood and I'll just choose to not let it make me start arguments. Dropping it.

6. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    I don't question whether anyone is a "real fan". I leave that to others. Everyone is free to experience this team however they choose. We're exchanging ideas. It doesn't mean we have to agree. And that disagreement does not have to diminish our individual stances.

7. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    It's all good. I was in a foul mood earlier also. I was not happy with that outcome. But I don't take our banter personally. It's just conversation.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Charlie Batch on the post game said something interesting. He says it looks like they are running the no-huddle really slowly, as if Haley is feeding Ben the plays, where as Ben should be the one calling the plays to make the no huddle effective. Charlie made it seem Haley doesn't trust Ben to call the plays.

He also said this offense doesn't run enough motion to give Ben pre snap reads. They kind of just line up, let the defense read the formation and let the D just get after it.

Its true, Heath motions once in a while, but they could do a lot more.

9. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I think we everyone knows what tomlin will say after every loss
    We own that
    we have to play better
    we have to learn to put both hands on our own azzes before we can walk
    and the bs goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on obviously!

10. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Fair enough. As I said, dropping it anyway. I'm itching to bite someone's head off and this isn't a place I'd want to do that. ;)

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I have no interest in what he says in the press conferences. Press conferences have no effect on whether we or lose.

I'm more interested in what's going on in the training field, and why this is translating into the godawful displays we've seen of late.

12. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Go have a talk with yer mailbox!:lolol:

13. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Now, see... I moved on from that 20 years ago (The '94 AFCCG was a long time ago;)). Besides, my mailbox is all heavy plastic now. It wouldn't have that satisfying snap and crunch that a metal one on a wood post would. :club:

14. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I wouldn't want one. If it aint Stillers it aint noone

15. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Mother Fletcher's is looonnnnnnnng gone! haha Mother Fletcher's.JPG

16. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    You know it bad when I'm checking 2015 draft sites this morning....

17. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    This is what I find most frustrating. I know that I don't have the information to adequately assess what's going on. All I can do is speculate based on what I see.

I think all organizations work like this, though. Most organizations keep their issues in-house. They deal with their problems in private. Yes, we are fans, but we're not actually members of the Steelers organization.

I do agree that there is a lack of discipline on the team. Obviously. My question revolves around what tools a head coach has to instill greater discipline. Based on what I've read of the new CBA, Tomlin can't grind these guys through a lot of extra practice. My experience is that coaches generally discipline players with additional practice/training when they are playing undisciplined. What else is Tomlin responsible for doing to change this other than making them go over film in team meetings and pointing out where they're messing up? Does he have the authority to fine players? A hit to the wallet might change things, quickly.

18. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    My question remains- are the Steelers actually dealing with any of it? In-house or in public, I see nothing that suggests that anything different goes on from week to week to try and get us out of the downward spiral.

19. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    I share your frustration.

I see fire from the defense. They seemed very engaged and emotional yesterday. Timmons, Mitchell and Troy were making tackles. Timmons and Mitchell laid some serious hits, yesterday. I remember Timmons blowing the center up on one play. I was great timing by him. Initially, the front 7 were getting good pressure on Hoyer. They did so throughout the game but not consistently. I see improvement here.

I don't know what to say about special teams. That was odd that they botched that second field goal attempt. And the kick returning was bad.

Offense... what can I say... they're not getting any better in the red zone since Arians. And it's hard to pin down the issue... new players and a new OC, now. Too many variables to isolate an issue. But the coaches and players seem to agree that it comes down to execution. They believe in the plan and the scheme, they just aren't executing. Another issue with red zone woes... that O-Line doesn't do as well in the red zone. They need to push the opposing D-Line out of the way. Also, a lead blocker for the runner (Bell or Blount) might not be a bad idea.

20. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Nobody seems to want to engage in this dialogue. I've posted this question both multiple times and in multiple threads. I don't have an issue being critical of the HC, but I want to understand the parameters for doing so.

21. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That is by far the most frustrating part. Week in and week out, I hold out a tiny bit of hope that our team will take the field and show up. That I will see some changes from the prior week. Then the game starts and its the same crap over and over. The play calling blows and Tomlin looks like he is in a trance. The D just lets teams march up and down the field and our special teams are terrible. WHEN does someone finally get held accountable for this debacle? My head hurt so much after watching that yesterday, that I couldn't even muster doing a shot to take away the pain.

22. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Just got done watching the game. Our offense was one step forward and two steps back. We came out of the gate moving the ball well then it was misfire after misfire, that's the only way I can describe what I saw from the offense. Now on defense two things stand out to me. The D had no answer for the play action, it sucked them in every time and Cleveland exploited it the same way flacco and the ravens do us. I also noticed the browns were cutting down our DT's the same way the ravens do creating huge running lanes. It just seems to me that teams know exactly how to pick apart our D like that especially with that play action that gets everyone to over persue . The guys are trying out there but they are being out schemed and we can't adjust for whatever reason.

23. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Finesse on offense. Soft on defense. _ Bill Cowher