1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Game Loss Complaint Thread- Browns Super Loss Edition

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Oct 12, 2014.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Raiders, of course! I always root for whoever is playing San Diego.

2. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Nor will most of us on here.

Ever.

3. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I'm screwed I have no B team.

Honestly who ever calls pass plays inside the five needs to be fined or fired. Our rushing game is great but Bell needs more carries. Next season Worilds, Harrison, Keisel will be gone. We should fire Tomlin, Hailey and retire DL. I'm not so sure Butler shouldn't leave too. I would get rid of Cortez but with his new contract he will stay.

I'm guessing we win next week but who knows with this undisciplined unprepared team. Like a masochist i'll watch next week.

4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I just have always rooted for the 49ers going back to when I was a kid in the late 70s. I think I liked their colors, and then there was the whole Joe Montana local guy thing too. Oh yeah, and they won a lot of SBs. I honestly couldn't tell you a lot about them now, but I will always root for them against anyone except the Steelers. Even if it meant for them to tie Pittsburgh with 6 SBs.

5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  6. SteelLaw

SteelLaw Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm just glad Ole Miss is playing well. Really enjoy watching their games. And the wife will watch them as well since she went there. I can at lest root for a BCS championship since that stairway to 7 appears to lead directly to the basement. But i will still watch as I always have. Steelers Strong!

7. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    :popcorn:

Not much else to say after my Tampa post-game comments a couple of weeks back. I KNEW we were going to lose today; exactly why I didn't rush home today from a wedding we went to last night 4 hours away

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Just noticed you're from Myrtle Beach. I've been to a couple Steelers bars there. Can't remember the names, but one seemed like it was across and down the road from House of Blues? And the other was on the river and had concerts there.

9. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Most likely Oscar's, and Boathouse. Boathouse is about 2 miles from our house

10. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Back before the Steelers were on tv more, I used to go to Murphy's every week for the games (early 2000's). They still have a few locations around here but closed the original...the others just aren't the same :-/

11. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    This about sums up my feelings today:

[video=youtube;xAZU6DYwTDM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAZU6DYwTDM[/video]

I want complete regime change. From Colbert on down through Tomlin and both coordinators. But especially Colbert and Tomlin. LeBeau needs to be put out to pasture. Maybe we can find him a nice farm where he'll have lots of other DCs to play with.... :innocent:

About half the team needs to be cut and replaced. Many of them are starters...

Even the ball boy. Eff that kid. :mad::darkness::kapow:

12. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    How's the mailbox????????:lolol:

13. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Went (wait for it) clothes shopping with my wife instead. Nothing like feeling emasculated by holding her purse to take the fight out of you.

But I still felt like I had more manhood in reserve than the entire team showed on the field.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Funny thing is, I didn't think The Walking Dead was airing until later tonight.

15. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    My wife laughs at me when the Steelers lose. Does that make her a bully? She wanted to go for a walk during the game, I said no so now I'm in in the doghouse and pi**ed 'cause they lost

16. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Why would she even do that?!

17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Mine hates it when the Steelers lose, but I replaced the control arm on her car after today's game, so I killed two birds with one stone. Took my frustration out on those stubborn bolts and appeased the wife. :)

18. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    "cause she knew I'd say no!:lolol:

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That's the two places! Love going down to Murrels inlet and I believe it's Kings pizza. There's a guy at the Flea Market that sells stuff from the strip in Pittsburgh.

20. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    I make mine breakfast every other morning and dinner quite often but that doesn't help. I think she expects it!:lolol: ( after all I'm retired and she's not:taunt:)

21. cork

cork Active Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Ok, first thing is I don't post often but I enjoy reading this site.

I am 57 years old, have been watching/listening to the Steelers since sitting next to my grandfather. I remember black out games.

There is something fundamentally wrong with this team. We have talent but they don't perform. I have always preached the intangibles. This team has problems from the front office to the guy that runs the sweeper in the locker room. It makes me sad. I have no answers but the answers have to be wide spread.

The Rooney's locked themselves into hiring Tomlin with the "Rooney Rule" which will keep him here much longer than he should be. I didn't like the hire but gave him the benefit of the doubt. This proved wrong.

IMHO we will wastes Ben's final years. As long as Colbert thinks we should draft the best player available we are not going anywhere. The best player available theory was ok long ago but not now. The game has evolved. Now you draft position players.

When I say intangibles I mean this team has no drive, no emotion, no desire, no fire, execution is horrible, play calling is horrible.

I love my Steelers but right now if you want to know what is wrong with this team put everything on a dart board and throw one at it an you will be right

22. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

not Mother Fletcher's? :smiley1:

23. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I've got to say, I thought they would win this one but man by the 3rd quarter I was actually rooting for Cleveland to score like 60 points and us to stay at 3. We needed to lose by say 50 points to the Browns. By losing only 31 to 10 nothing will be done. They'll take their pill and swallow it and nothing will change. We needed a complete and utter blowout for heads to roll and changes to be made like:

1) Sit Archer he is TERRIBLE. How did he make this team?
    2) Bell is the best player on the team yet they take him off the field half the time. Design gameplan around HIM like the 1st quarter of the Browns game the first time.
    3) How about running with a goddamn FULLBACK? The last 2 runs on the field goal, if a fullback is there we score PERIOD.
    4) Get Polamalu some more practice time! Didn't he have an interview recently and was chirping about practice and more practice. Well he needs more of it from what I saw today.
    5) Announce to the team that the next person to get a penalty will get benched for a series and fined 5 grand.
    6) Get out the tape and explain to Bell that when you do the first down gesture in the first quarter but then lose 31 to 10, it kinds looks STUPID in hindsight. Then tell him it's STUPID all the time and to stop doing it.
    7) Teach Wheaton how to read because apparently he can't read the playbook. Was it me or did he run at least 3 routes wrong? How long has he been with this team?
    8) Make some changes at WR because we have NO threat whatsoever besides Brown at this point. Dropped balls, incorrect routes, bad blocks. Thank god Brown is an elite receiver and can get open even double teamed. But it seems to me like Ben has to force it to Brown because everyone else can't get open.

I just realized I was at 8. I could go on and on especially on the coaches/front office but I give up. Nothing will change and we are stuck in mediocrity until it does.

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  25. Lieut512

Lieut512 Member

Sep 30, 2014
    i wouldn't worry about that at this point. This team is going backwards rather than forwards. This team is horrible. I hate to admit it but they are, and I've been a fan for 40 yrs.