1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Make your prediction NOW! Playoffs or no?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Heck, yeah!

50.6%
  2. Heck, No!

49.4%
  1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Well, they better be able to score more than 10 points on offense this Sunday or they can forget winning this game...

2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    ...and blow the whole thing up and start over. Trade Ben now before he leaves via FA and get a bunch of picks for him to help in the rebuild.

3. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    We'll beat the hell out of the browns and maybe the colts. It's the titans and jets who I worry about

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Too early to tell, if they go 3-0 or 2-1 in the next three games then I will have a better idea.

5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Tampa loss doesn't hurt us in tie breakers. Only differences I see are the Saints who aren't very good this season (especially on the road), Browns who I think we will beat again, Texans who we should definitely beat at home, and we lose another head scratcher to (which leads to a message board implosion). Somehow we go 10-6 and finish second in the north. We beat either Cincy or the Pats on the road in the playoffs. Lose then to the Broncos in the second round.

6. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Based on the game play I'm saying no and this will make some mad but I don't want to see them in the playoffs, not unless they can play and be competitive against good teams. What I see is a secondary that will get picked apart by any good QB and forget it if they have someone who can run because we can't stop the run at all in a nickel package, we can't stop the pass in base defense, that combination is going to add up to 1 and done so no, no playoffs.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You're assuming that if they make the playoffs, they will be playing with the same deficiencies, more then likely, they wouldn't get in if that was the case. It makes more sense that they will continue improving on the way to making the playoffs. Once you get in, anything is possible, like lotto, you have to be in it to win it.

8. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    They will end up 9-7 watching other team's control their destiny and watch it slip away like the KC-SD game last year. They miss the playoffs again as they did in 2012 and 2013

9. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I vote yes. I have a feeling we start to put things together this week and wax the Browns.

10. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I agree. If the refs in the Kansas City/San Diego game hadn't blown it last year we would have made some noise in the playoffs. We were one of the hottest teams at year's end.

11. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I actually had to scroll back up to see if that was really Glenn posting that.

12. Ohio Steeler

Ohio Steeler Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2014
    WOW! You should become a Cleveland fan. That's what they say every year.

13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I've actually got this visual image of Glenn, gagged and tied to a chair over in the corner of a dimly lit room, with Real Steel, having taken over his TSF account, laughing diabolically after each post.

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I don't care who you are, that right there is funny.

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I can't make that prediction before this week's game. For me, this game is absolutely pivotal for my view of where we go for the balance of the season, and the team is such a Jekyll and Hyde outfit that I just don't know what to expect. One thing for sure, these aren't the same Browns that we've grown to love to laugh at. If we win in their building this week, we have to be taken seriously as a playoff contender.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :roflmao:

17. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    And that right there, is why I LOVE this MB...!:roflmao:
    The members frequently make me laff my ass off, and laffs are always good!:thumbs_up:
    Having met SteelerGlenn, I can tell you,
    He is NOT a Black n Gold Colored glasses wearing optimist, with no sense of reality,
    He just gets tired of people who post nothing but negative comments...
    I tend to agree with him.
    If watching your team, makes you this miserable, maybe you should find something else to do with your Sunday afternoons...:shrug:
    I have to admit, I used to be guilty, of letting a loss on Sunday(or Monday, or Thursday), wreck my mood for the next couple days, and being shi**y, to anyone I dealt with...
    But, somwhere along the line, by the grace of God, and people that cared about me, I came to realize...
    I am not part of the team...
    I don`t get fired if they do bad...
    It`s JUST A GAME... Played by multi-millionaires, who have no loyalty to their team, like the guys I grew up watching!!!
    After all, they will all tell you... "I`m a professional"... "This is a BUSINESS"...
    Soooo...
    With all that said...
    I voted "HELL YES WE`LL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS"...
    If I didn`t feel that way, why would I put myself thru the misery of watching another season, where I expect us to suck?!?:hmmm:
    I`m realistic enough to know, we haven`t looked good yet, but we are 3-2, and we have as good of a chance as anyone of getting it together, and winning our 7th Lombardi!!!
    We have the talent to do it, when we quit shooting ourselves in the foot!
    And teams that are "better" than us, are just as likely to have injury problems, that we have had to fight thru in the past...
    As has been said in other threads...
    This is the age of "Parity"...
    Very rare to see a team like we were in the 70`s!
    Do I wanna see us dominate every team we play?
    HELL YES!!!
    Do I expect it?
    Sadly, No...
    Just want another trophy, or two, to put in our case, before Ben`s done!
    GO STEELERS!!!:herewego!:

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It's been a rough day, but I'm back.
    We will make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl!
    Go Steelers!
    ( that was funny Jack, you're starting to grow on me. )

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Great post bleed!

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, like fungus :lolol:

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Lol !

22. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
  23. deljzc

deljzc Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I said before the season we would be a very inflated 11-5 team due to an incredibly easy schedule and next year we will fall back to earth and go 9-7 or worse and miss the playoffs under this regime.

Nothing has changed my mind so far. If you say the TB loss puts us at 10 wins then we might be a wildcard instead of a division winner and have to play a road playoff game (Tomlin's never won a road playoff game).

Having said that and having stated we will make the playoffs, I would still fire Tomlin after this season.

I've seen enough now to know he's not the best man for the job and the longer we hang onto his leadership, the more seasons we waste not becoming as good as we possibly can be.

We missed a good opportunity to finally part ways with Colbert this past off-season, a playoff season will likely push off an opportunity to fire both of them as well according to the Rooneys.

Too bad, because I don't think this current regime will get the best out of Roethlisberger's remaining career or are talented enough to lead us into the post-Roethlisberger era with any type of championship caliber success.

24. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    The way I see it playing out as virtual locks to make the playoffs currently

North
    Cinci
    South
    Indi
    East
    New England
    West
    Denver
    WC
    San Diego

That only leaves the last wild card spot.
    In contention for that spot I see the Ravens, Texans, Bills and KC.

And with our next 4 games we could potentially go 0-4 with the Browns (much better team than in years past plus they are at home), Texans (playoff caliber), Colts (Potential suberbowl team), and Ravens (already beat us once this year and pretty convincingly).

Not trying to be a downer but with how hot and cold our offense has been and our defense not dominant it will be a struggle to make the playoffs after barely starting above .500

Hope I'm wrong with my thinking and we start playing better but it's hard to trust the team currently.

25. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Like a fungus. :smiley1:

Edit: I wrote this before I read Blast's post. :lolol:

Blast and I are starting to think alike and THAT, my friends, is a scary thought! :eek: