1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Make your prediction NOW! Playoffs or no?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Heck, yeah!

50.6%
  2. Heck, No!

49.4%
  1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    OK, I'll meet you half way.

Yes!

2. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Sorry but no we won't make it. Our defense sucks and our offense is misfiring. We won't win our division and a wildcard is unlikely considering those fighting for it.

The fire Tomlin/Colbert thread should be in full force by week 13

Cajun-

3. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Flashes of brilliance, followed by 'ran-dumb-ness' and bubble screens that leaves you scratching your head. It doesn't feel like the formula for anything other than the coin flips we've been seeing week after week.....

But I think we may get to a point where it doesn't take a mind-numbing loss with a gazillion penalties to actually not play like chumps. In fact, I'm going to say the schedule lines up we WIN the next 6 and go 9-2....we all start becoming believers and talk about the importance of homefield advantage in the playoffs.....then 'ran-dumb-ness' catches up with them and they end the season 1-4, get in as a wildcard and out in round 1....with a new resolve to fix the mental problems.....NEXT year.....

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I believe I predicted 11 wins and a playoff berth before the season started.

Despite my disillusion at how the season is going so far, I'm standing by that prediction until I no longer can. :)

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Unfortunately Im going to have to agree. I hope that Im wrong and there is still a lot of season left to turn things around (Look at last season) but this is pretty accurate based on what I've seen so far.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I picked the Steelers to go 10-6 with this
    soft schedule,I thought this would qualify them
    for the playoffs.The homer in me says yes.
    My eyes say no.

7. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Can I delay my vote 'til after week 8?[​IMG]

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No way we make the playoffs! This team sucks bad!
    And even if we got lucky and made the playoffs we would be one and done. I'd rather just pack it up now and play for draft picks.

9. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Lol You forgot the green font!

10. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Chargers
    Broncos
    Patriots
    Colts
    Bengals
    ???

Who gets that sixth spot? Us? Ravens? Dolphins? Texans?
    I think it'll be close, but the TB loss will cost us.

No soup for us, sadly...

11. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  12. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    the weak schedule helps butr if we don't improve our playing it will be hard . i say 50 - 50 , so what i vote ?

13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Flip a coin. If it doesn't go your way, flip again for best of 3, if that fails to meet your needs then go best of 5. Keep doing that until you get the results that say "We will crush them, they suck!".

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  15. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    ok so i don't lose time and i vote yes ;)

16. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I don't know... now I'm afraid to post anything...

I think yes (but with help).. There is no other QB who I would want under any kind of pressure than Ben. We started out horribly last season and almost made it, neither Balt or stains look strong, but things can change... and they can change for the Steelers also. Don't underestimate our savvy veterans to be able to "brain wash" the rookies.

The glimmer's of strength that we have seen are present because of the talent, not by luck.

17. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    you forgot the chiefs , yes they are 2-3 but i think they are a good team

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The Chiefs will destroy this team.

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  20. Ohio Steeler

Ohio Steeler Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Very simple. It will come down to the Bengal games. If we sweep them we will win the division. They sweep us we are out of the playoffs. If we split the 2 games we will sneak in with the last wildcard. Just my prediction.

21. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Our play-off chances are only half based on what this team does, and half on what every other team does. Yes, we have to win, but last season showed how even with a mediocre record we could have limped in at several opportunities. Brown's toe, a KC field goal, etc. etc.

I fully expect the season to go that way again this time around. That's where the NFL is right now.

22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We all know that our D is not that good and I think we all agree....We all know we are loaded on O except for the OL ,I think most will agree .... We have moved the ball very well and just need this O to produce points...

If we score the ball we will make the post season if we don't then we won't.

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Kind of has a pimply dan-esq feel to it :lolol:

24. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Beware of cleveland this sunday, they had us on the ropes in the last game, playing at home this week they will be a formidable opponent: There are 8-,3 win teams and one 4 win team in the AFC right now, out of that group I dont see the steelers, the way they are playing right now, even being in the top 5, unless they start playing like a contender I cant think of them as a playoff team, and if they lose to the browns sunday they will clearly be out of the playoff conversation...

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Can't take Cleveland lightly, they are giving everyone fits. Our run D has tightened it up a lot since that game though. I think we'll win.

The team, like I have been saying all along has been improving every week, the run D and now the secondary put together a good game. The offense just needs to figure out how to score in the redzone. Team is headed in the right direction.

I don't look for blowouts as a measuring stick, I look for little areas of improvement. With as much criticism as this team gets around here, not sure why any of you expect them to blow out teams or even win easily. They aren't that kind of team yet.