1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Truth... Kind of what has been said in other threads. Wished Heath would drop the hammer!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dobbler-33, Oct 2, 2014.

1. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I have only one active players jersey and it's Miller's and this all but says why the guy the epitome of Steeler football to me. Spare me the young money crew and give me 25 Heath Miller's and I will run the tables in the NFL.

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks for posting this, dobbler. The only problem with Heath is that we can't clone the guy and have an entire team full of Heath Millers. He's from a blue collar family just down the road. His dad was a contractor, his mom a teacher and Heath learned the value of working hard and studying hard at an early age. When you take all of the tangible qualities (blocking, receiving) with the intangibles (football IQ, good teammate, heart) I think he's the best all-around TE in the league!

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Cool article. It would be hard for me to say my favorite Steeler of all time but if someone put a gun to my head and told me to name my favorite I'd say his name would come out of my mouth. He is just the man. He's sort of our best kept secret. I mean people that aren't fans would probably say AB is our best player and he might light up a stat sheet more than Heath ever will but when it comes down to what makes a guy a "Steeler" Heath is lightyears ahead of everyone in my opinion. Troy is probably the closest person to him.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  7. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  8. Tarrytown Steeler

Tarrytown Steeler Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Did you happen to notice each time GB scores, the player hands the ball directly to the official. Especially noticeable for the WR who scored his first NFL TD.

9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I sure did ..It looked like he was going to spike it and then he thought better of it ...I guess the old saying act like you have been there before ....Some guys gain 5 yards and act like they just lost their virginity or hit the lottery or even both ....

10. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Great article. Stuff I already knew about Heath, but great to read, and great to hear what the other players have to say about him.

11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Wish they'd follow him and not just talk him up

12. USCGSteeler

USCGSteeler Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    I don't know Heath personally but my mom works at a neighboring High School and met him when he was still in school and my parents and his have some mutual friends, no one ever has a bad word to say about the guy and he is definitely one of my all time favorites.