1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Vs. Bucs Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 28, 2014.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    THIS. SOOOOO THIS!!!

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I can't believe I'm the only one here who saw that interview.

Tomlin was being interviewed by some woman (idk her name). She tried to pay him a compliment about being a player's coach and he got hostile and said he hates that. It's demeaning, and he believed it was even racist.

They go back to the panel, and Bradshaw was all "WTF?"

3. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    racist was when we hired him without having any qualification , he was the db coach of minnesota (the worst secondary in the league ) tell me why he was hired .....

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    :this!:

5. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Shouldn't have lost that game... Oh well, we all knew they can't seem to play above they're opponents these days. It's like no matter who it is, we have to be the other teams doppelgänger or bizarro world version. Sad.

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ummm, to take the team to 2 SBs?

7. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben had some pretty good stats. Too bad stats don't mean anything when you lose.

8. ballhair

Oct 26, 2011
    Your right there. Glennon had all day to sit back and wait for someone to get open and thats with us rushing 5 and 6 guys.

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I mean how many swings and misses are they allowed??? Tomlin was talking about how we have to quit getting stupid penalties and how they were "his responsibility" to "fix". Stay tuned... If Bell and AB celebrate a first down again he should flat out set them and throw to NO ONE but Heath. He is the ONLY person on this team that doesn't play like a total, self aggrandizing, diva, thug. At least on offense. Even TROY today made some stupid decisions. He looked to me to get away with a slap to a guy after his offsides play. They just are stupid football players man and that's really lame to have to say. At the VERY best they are UNprofessional!

10. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    We are not allowed to discuss the coaching of this team.

So other than that...what explanations do we have? The players? Is this that bad of a team? There are a lot of first- and second-round picks starting on this club. So where do we point fingers? Remember: coaches are off limits.

11. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    again he still didn't have nothing in control in that years .. almost like now ...

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Man we need to dig that up. I wouldn't call him a "player's coach" though. I would call him a "BAD player's coach". Our players are honestly just "bad" and we just REsigned some of them!!!

13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Fire everyone that dropped a pass!

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm going to assume someone as intelligent as yourself isn't being serious right now.

15. ballhair

Oct 26, 2011
    I expected this performance last week. They came to play in Carolina. I think, hey maybe they are starting to gel and have turned the corner. They should have a easy game against Tampa. Glennon? Never heard of him. I'm disappointed in Ben but I'm mostly disappointed in myself for falling for the steeler hype and getting my hopes up that we have a good team with a elite QB. Boy I was suckered in again.:facepalm:

16. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i would have called him a cherleader that is allow to slap the player's shoulders ... i think is not bad he is simply useless .....

17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Then.....who, pray tell, had control?

18. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Welcome to misery. ;)

In all seriousness, welcome to the board. You were starting to creep me out a little lurking like that without saying anything. :smiley1:

19. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    the veterans (hines hampton smith ...) and the two coaches arians and lebeau ... tomlin was a game presser and still he is , but i saw that is failing also in this department ....maybe is understanding he is not able to carry an nfl team

20. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014

LOL thanks, now that I've come out of the shadows I'll post more often. Its just one game, but this one really hurts. There is a huge difference between 3-1 and 2-2. I think this game will be the turning point of the season. How does this team respond to this heartbreaker? Do they feel sorry for themselves or do they pull together and use this as a launching pad?

21. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Tomlin was the Defensive Coordinator for the Vikings, not their DB coach.

22. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    If you been a steelers fan longer than 5 years you know better. :smiley1:

23. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm sorry, steel, Tomlin was the coach of the team but it was the veteran leadership that "took" us to those Super Bowls. I don't want to completely discount what Tomlin did. He was smart enough to stay out of the way but that's about it. He's a great coach for a team that's laden with talented veteran leadership.

24. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly. Look how things have gone when all that talented left. I don't even mind losing but, when the team on the field is completely undisciplined like we are on a regular basis, then its time to look at the coach.

25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Perhaps it is time for Tomlin to go. LeBeau too but, just like the last 2 off season, who do you replace them with? If you think the TEAM is bad now, start firing coaches 4 games into the season.
    The Ravens were the exception, before anyone brings them up.