1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jarvis Jones Likely Needs Wrist Surgery

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 22, 2014.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    According to Adam Schefter, Jarvis Jones will likely need wrist surgery and is out indefinitely.

[tweet]514049180579680256[/tweet]

2. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ugh... At least Moats looked good last night! Makes me feel better about our situation. Really hope shazier isn't out long

3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I think we will be ok without Jones ,it hurts but not as bad as Ike going down . The game changed after he went down we need another CB in a bad way now...

Needed 1 before now we really need 1 , we might have to try and trade for 1 at this point.

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    we can bring the one we have on ps

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Should we call Harrison out of retirement for some depth?

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think we have decent backups at both LB spots, but those injuries will still delay the development of Jones and Shazier.

Ike's injury could really kill this team. It throws Blake onto the field where I just don't think he belongs. Hopefully we can find a way to use Shamarko more. If I were another team right now, I'd put 4-5 WRs on the field for every single play, and pick on the weak links.

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Looks like we will get to see Pre-season favorite Howard Jones. Might want to give that Soto a call for Practice Squad if no one picks him up.

8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    depending on how long jj is out for, it definitely looks like howard jones will be called up..... especially since we have no back up now
    also expect to see shaq brought in as well

9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't think it's a next man up situation. I think we need a starter capable CB .. When Ike left the game every WR started getting open. Allen and Gay are simply not #1 or #2 CB'S . Ike was #2 at best so he could play most WR'S 1 on one. Now when you put a #3 CB against a #1 WR we are in big trouble then follow that with a #4 CB on a # 2 WR and the D all of a sudden looks like trash again.

I would consider shopping Wheaton for a true CB. Not sure we could get anyone to bite , but we have a lot more talent at WR than we do at CB . Without a good CB this season is toast .

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Give Shamarko more playing time, maybe he can cover the slot receivers. I have no confidence in Blake at CB.

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Are you serious? Trade your #2 WR for a CB, besides there aren't many good CBs available that can start. They're better off with Gay as a starter. They don't have as much talent as you think at WR, Moore is injured can't get on the field Justin Brown unproven Bryant has yet to play.

12. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    :this!:

13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Serious as I can be . JB can step up Bryant can step up . DHB can step up . No way can our CB'S step up . As a coach you have to make hard choices. When we play a Team with 3 or more good WR'S this Team will get ripped with the pass and the run...

If we had anyone else to trade I would consider them for a CB as well . Wheaton only guy of value that I think the Team could spare.

14. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Who the hell is going to cover the #1 and #2 WR ? Last night at Carolina the Rookie WR got open on almost every play after Ike left the game . There was huge running lanes like 10 yards wide if the score would have been close...Without Ike the Panthers would have put up 40 or 50 points on us.

What do you think a true passing Team is going to do ?

15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I didn't say it wasn't a problem. I agreed that I have zero confidence in Blake. ;)

16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My bad , Yep a huge problem is saying it lightly. I have no confidence in Gay or Allen to guard a #1 WR either .Which means we have to adjust to give them help and creates more running room and more passing lanes all over the field...

We need to be able to man up somewhere on the field and I just don't see how we can without finding another decent CB .

17. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    dunta robinson and terrel thomas are available

18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    JB, Bryant, and DHB aren't good enough to be #2 WR. If they need to make a trade for a CB it won't be with Wheaton, more likely trade a future draft pick instead. I doubt there's many CBs available who can come in start immediately.

19. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    OLB: Worilds and Moats can handle this, but we'll need depth, and it will be from a FA (just don't see us trading talent for a specific depth need). Is C. Carter still a FA? I guess resuscitating Harrison's career is not an option.

ILB is not a worry, since we do have depth (Spence, Williams... and even Garvin) to cover a 4 week recovery. Next 4 weeks: TB, @JAX, @CLE, vs HOU.

CB: Allen & Gay should start, and as 3rd CB I'd start Webb over Blake. Probably we'll see LeBeau finding a way to use Shamarko on passing situations as 5th Db.
    If Dunta Robinson is available and affordable, I'd make a move for him right now, he's a clear upgrade from what we have right now as 3rd CB.

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No way that happens!

21. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We aren't trading for a CB..

Shamarko will play more nickel and we'll add Shaq Richardson from the PS..

22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You are probably right about the CB being able to come in and start part still the sooner you get them the sooner they can learn. I don't fully agree with none of the WR'S can be #2's . Everything I see shows DHB has turned a corner and is capable...

He still gets open on almost every route he runs the Team just doesn't look for him munch.. IMO if Wheaton went down or was gone DHB could play that spot just fine ...

23. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Keep the D line pressuring the QB, can't throw the ball.

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    There's a reason they're available they aren't any good.

25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    We signed Brice McCain to a 1 year deal, he's a 6 year pro whats the story with him, he played well enough to stick on a roster for 5 years before he came here, if he cant play why did they sign him, or is he still here???