1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Game Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 12, 2014.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I forgot to start this after the game. I don't even really know where to start honestly. There was a lot of bad out there.

2. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Bartender kept pouring too much head on my beer. Ripoff!

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    It will be another 3 weeks before I get to watch another full game live.

Never thought I'd be happy about that...

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I started to start this thread but I just got too caught up in staring endlessly at the ceiling fan. LOL.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    You lucky SOB.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I can't even defend them tonight nor do I want to.

One word to describe them tonight...

PATHETIC.

I'm a firm believer that it takes around 4 games for a team to hit its stride, I'm going to cling to that because thats all I got.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I didn't look at your season prediction but are you standing by it? Or are you thinking you might have had too rosy an outlook? I didn't guess but I think I would have guessed wrong.

8. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    It wasn't a prediction from me. It was an expectation.

They can still do it. But anything less, and I'm getting out the pitchforks and torches.

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    When do you think the finger gets pointed at Tomlin for the performance of HIS FOOTBALL TEAM? This kind of performance has become far too common the last few seasons.

10. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm tired of watching the same team with different faces for three straight years. I used to love football season but now it just stresses me out.

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    My biggest complaint is that there is just no fire whatsoever in this team. I mean none. I mean we've got JOEY PORTER on our sideline and we still just look lethargic on our BEST plays! Troy just looks to me like he doesn't even care anymore. I really wouldn't be surprised if he walked away early. The media likes to play this rivalry up but I don't think the young guys have a clue what it really means. The Rats sure seem to though. Guys are throwing fits over penalties but where are the fits for poor tackling, playing off, busting coverages, fumbling, running wrong routes, dropping passes, giving up sacks, staying in bounds when we need to get out of bounds, and getting qb sneaked by Flacco and giving up multiple yards even on THAT play? There needs to be a long look taken in the deep, dark, truthful, mirror.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Jack, stop with the coaches stuff, everyone sucked. It's still mostly on the players and you'll never back me off of that, football is a game of execution and they didn't execute **** tonight.

13. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Or last week. Or most of last season. Or most of the season before that. Or for good stretches even the year before that.

Hmmmm.... if only there was a common thread in all of this... ;)

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Players :grin:

15. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Nope. Different players over the last 2+ seasons not executing, not playing with fundamentals, and stupid penalties. The common theme is coaches

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Old players last year, new players this year. Are people really suggesting DL doesn't know how to teach execution? I dont see the coaches out there missing tackles left and right.

17. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Haha! Okay, Blast, I'm so sorry for criticizing Mike Tomlin. How dare me!!! It's the players, stupid! How could I be so presumptuous as to be the least bit critical of Mike Tomlin! Geez, Blast, you never cease to amaze me but that's okay. Go ahead and continue to be the biggest Tomlin apologist on this board! :facepalm:

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Believe what you want Jack. There is a ton of coaching experience on this staff but its all Tomlins fault :rolleyes:

19. Bgunn

Bgunn Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    The reality is this team is at a crossroads. It's been mediocre for 2 years now and it doesn't look like things have changed. The leadership of the organization has to decide if the current GM is bringing in the talent necessary to compete and if the coaches are getting the most our of the talent on staff. I think our biggest problem is that we have world's worst secondary in a passing league. Stopping the run is great but the rules favor passing and we suck at stopping that. Until there are major changes, there is no reason to think our sucking will change.

20. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    And you seem to believe that it's NO fault of Tomlin. :shrug:

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    You know me. You know I'm not gonna try and instigate anything. You also know I'm not a "FMTI" guy. So you know when I ask this it is honestly in the spirit of debate and just "out of curiosity". But what DO you think Tomlin is responsible for? By that, I mean what do you think should be laid on his shoulders or "at his door" or whatever? I'm not even saying that you are never critical of Tomlin either. I honestly feel like Tomlin needs to put our best personnel on the field. I feel like that is his main responsibility to make sure the right guys have hats and when they prove they aren't the right guys that he puts the next guy out there. I'm not sure tonight he did that. I thought we saw a tad too much JB tonight. I didn't think we saw enough Shamarko tonight. So that's probably my biggest criticism of Tomlin tonight. He went with the wrong horses for a little too long tonight. So what do you think falls on him?

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Tomlin is a good coach, yes, I think his record speaks for itself, I think most of his position coaches are very good with DL and Munch being excellent. If Tomlin came in here and sucked from day 1, I'd say he is the problem, but a coach that reaches 2 SB's and wins one of them and has an above .600 wining percentage, yeah, no, don't find him to be the problem.

24. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    AHHHHHHHHHHH too many posts at once....brain can't hand.....*poof*

25. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    In Tomlin's press conference, besides the usual things about once again correcting the issues that have been issues since forever (namely penalties and turnovers), someone asked him about whether the issues on defense were still ones of communication (since that seemed to be the theme last week that defense suffered from communication issues when the Browns went no-huddle) or execution. His response was there was NO issue....

There's no doubt (obviously) that turnovers and penalties won't help you win ball games, but with his background in defense and his years in the league, I can't understand that response. If Tomlin really sees no issue on defense, then I think we're in for many lean years....am I reading too much into that response?