1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Vs. Ravens Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 11, 2014.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree with the overall sentiment but what I would like to see is him just simply mentioning that some calls were questionable to simply draw some attention to the inconsistency of the way penalties are called.

2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    honestly I dont think they adjusted anything. seemed like it was a mental collapse as you pointed out

3. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I just feel like this is all déjà vu from the last few seasons. We are all saying the same things. Where is any of the improvement? I know we are in a transition/rebuilding time. But what have we improved on from the 1st 8-8 season we went through to now? Doesn't seem like much.

4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Don't settle for field goals.

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I wonder who is gonna step up and be the "optimist" around here? LOL. I mean there's always SOMEone that tries to say "it's not as bad as it seems" or something like that but tonight it is like a sort of collective moment of clarity.

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I've got nothin'.

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Well BFT I think sometimes we are looking for excuses .. A pig in the poke so to speak.. There is something that is glaringly obvious.. The personnel we have assembled before us on defense are not getting the job done. We took a step backwards this evening. I think we can round the corner but it will take some effort. Having nothing to look at other then what we saw before us I would say some of the sub packages are not working. Many times this evening we saw mis tackles.. In fact on one occasion I counted three of our DBs on the RB..

We got speed for sure but in the process of getting that lightening speed we lost some sure tacklers

8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Actually I do have something.. Bell

9. gumbygolf

gumbygolf Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The worst we can be is one game out of first.:eek:

10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    They must not has lose any more games this year!

11. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    This means something!

12. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    We'll figure things out this year like we eventually did last year, except this time we already have one win in our pocket. No 0-4 this year while we figure things out (start by cutting Cam Thomas).

13. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Cam Thomas should be warming the bench. Tuitt needs to see the field more. Get well soon Lance Moore and Dri Archer.

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree totally that we are lacking playmakers. I just would like some dang clarification on what's "clean" and what's not. We watch Mitchell get flagged for a clean hit but AB gets so popped that he needs a concussion test and they don't flag it. They either need to call it all the time or none of the time. There is just too much "judgment" involved in this. Tomlin should just say in his presser something like "I know our guys aren't playing perfectly but it's kinda hard to when they don't call it when our guy gets sent to the locker room". I just wish he would publicly ask for an explanation for the inconsistency in calling things. They were calling those plays but then Keisel gets flat out MUGGED in the red zone to the point that he literally almost turned a front flip and they totally miss that? It was just some really bad officiating. I think we lose even if they DON'T call all those penalties but I DO think it would have helped our d to not be so timid.

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah man that would help a LOT because MAYBE Moore can block. Also Dri will have to be respected which will open things up for AB and Wheaton.

16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Nope cant do it BFT.. That is calling out the officiating crew which will cost Tomlin

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It probably WOULD cost Tomlin a little money but it sure might SAVE me a lot of grief. LOL. I'm not saying I want an embarrassing meltdown or anything. Just Tomlin saying "man I really don't even know how to coach guys up because they call it so sporadically". He should say "the standard needs to be the standard". LOL.

18. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I read that Timmons was puking during the 2nd Qtr. Did anyone see this? It's not from a reliable source.

19. deljzc

deljzc Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Here's the only positive.

If you were marking W's and L's on all the games on our schedule this season, most logical people would have put an L next to this game: short week, on the road, vs. the Ravens.

So no matter how positive or negative you were heading into the season, this is a game you marked as an L. What a surprise.... we actually lost.

On to next week. The story of the season is far from being told yet.

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I totally agree with the officiating sucking that badly. It was slanted to a pretty good degree..

Obviously we agree on this hehe.. I used the word obviously.

Honestly IMHO the officiating has gone so far with the rule changes they are literally confused

21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    He went out for one series and went back in and stopped a TD from what I could see

22. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well Phil Simms has 2 Super Bowl rings and he needed a ref to come and explain it to him. It's horrible that the rules are so muddled. I think if I were a coach I would always tell my players to violently shake their heads after every hit because it might draw a flag. They would all look like a bunch of 80s headbangers. LOL!

23. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Not one for gossip, but I just heard on cooler talk them say something about the Baltimore players dedicating this game to Ray Rice? WTF!

24. BowlsOfSteel

BowlsOfSteel Active Member

Jan 4, 2012
    As someone just said: The Ravens gather around special circumstances (positive or negative). Everytime we play the Ravens there is something up and they deliver.
    Although I actually think this is just a normal professional approach.

Get over it: There is no such thing as momentum (Once chose to write an essay about it at university). This should be normal for any professional player. Deliver when you're supposed to work.
    There might be moments where the crowd is more noisy than in other moments, but these are just excuses.

When this is real, I want to work in an environment where I can say:
    Sorry boss I got my work wrong and instead of getting payment from our customer, we have to pay them. Wasn't able to get it done. The momentum was just on their side and there was absolutly no chance to make that play. :frustrated:

For now this team isn't executing and I hope they will turn around. I'm not expecting this to be the next game when we have another prime time away game against a team with maybe one of the best running attacks in the league. But I'm confident in a turnaround soon enough to make this a successful season.

25. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You know sometimes when we practice fighting the ship in the Navy, we just don't execute. It's ok though, we regroup and identify our mistakes (Obviously). So, when game-time comes, We're putting the best product we can out there on the seas for our country....