1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell And Blount Cited With Marijuana Possession, Bell DUI

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Aug 20, 2014.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It's hard to draw a lot of assumptions from today's events. You think they practice and possibly play high because they got caught with weed today?

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Hell, I'd do it for $40k a year!

3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Did they fall and hit their head and wake up thinking they played for the Ravens? If the team traded Santonio Holmes, what makes you think in the next offseason these two won't also have the same fate?

4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    weed is against the law in penn, right? bottom line is if it is the law then they shouldn't have it. some athletics think that they are above the law and I hope these two jokers don't join that way of thinking but it is sure looking that way. I am more concerned with the dui. that is completely unacceptable.

5. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Better get Felix Jones on the horn.

6. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Yes. In PA, 30 grams or less is a misdemeanor punishable by up to $500 in fines and/or 30 days in jail.

7. bettisfan

bettisfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am so sick and tired of reading about NFL players getting busted for drugs or beating on their wives. These people have the world by the balls and could give a rats ass!!! I would have given a kidney to have had the opportunity for a full ride scholarship and a chance to play in the NFL. These dudes get to live the dream of every young man that likes to play football and they piss it down the drain. I honestly think that any player that is arrested and convicted for anything other than minor traffic violations should be kicked out of the NFL. It is a privilege for them to be there and not another job like you or I go to every day. Here is my teams #1 and #2 RB driving around Pittsburgh smoking a little grass just hours before they are to report for their trip to Philadelphia and get pulled over and busted with 20 grams of dope. Thanks for caring about the team and your fans you couple of douche nozzles!!!!

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Its not a DUI as in Drunk...its a DUI for driving under the influence of the weed.

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The last time I checked, marijuana use and possession was ILLEGAL IN 48 STATES! I find it somewhat disconcerting that everyone seems to have this non-chalant attitude about illegal drug usage. And the fact that they were drunk and high while driving just puts the icing on the cake, doesn't it? Let's say they smoke a few joints, drink a few beers and then go out and wipe out a family of four. I guess it's a little bigger deal then, huh? And don't give me this crap that they're in their 20s so their idiotic behavior ought to be excused! I know plenty of 20 somethings who are responsible young adults, obey the law and act responsibly! Shocker, right?

Okay, let's hear all of the cynical comments accusing me of having a Polyanna mentality.

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    For the love of all that is good...use paragraphs/sentences please!!!!!:facepalm:

11. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Then please....please go be a fan who goes overboard on things/etc for another team...PLEASEEE!!

12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I think if they are willing to smoke it right before they board a team plane at 1:30 in the afternoon then I'd make a significant Vegas bet that they blaze nearly every day. Practice day, game day, wash the car day. Probably doesn't matter.

13. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    People are stupid...the end!

14. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Problem is, the league and Hitler do have a problem and have unabashedly demonstrated their delight in axe grinding with our boys without filed charges, without convictions, and while playing football within the new rules for some D members the past few years Harrison namely. They don't like our team and their overly political stance against them dating back to glory days and missing HOF'ers proves it.

This is just really stupid regardless of anyone's feelings on pot etc... There is a double standard for this team.

15. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Wow a voice of reason here...someone with some sense! Thank you!!!

16. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Come on it's weed we are talking about here.

17. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Do you speed or roll through stop signs? If so, you're a hypocrite. You shouldn't pick and choose which laws to follow. Traffic laws are still laws.

I really don't care one bit about drugs. Drug laws ruin society as much as drugs themselves.

18. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    This news just came out and so many people want them to get long suspensions, get cut, or traded. This is based on very little facts. We haven't even heard one thing from them yet. Innocent until proven guilty n'at.

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    The reports are that they admitted to it.

20. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Right, the reports do say that. I'm just saying that for so much judgement, we haven't even heard statements from them or their side.

21. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    What does this do to the 53 if they do get a couple of games?

Totally selfish of these guys. This may cause some guys that were going to be kept on the 53 to slide off and not be employed if these guys get suspended!

22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It is true that it might be a slap on the wrist for a first time offense, but Rooneys didn't have much tolerance for Santonio Holmes antics.

23. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't think you have a Pollyanna mentality Jack but I think you do see the world the way we would all like to but unfortunately it isn't. I have no POV currently on the marijuana debate except to say at this point they should legalize and tax the heck out of it to get some of the states out of debt. I always find it interesting is how people who are dead set against pot and talk about it being illegal but when you ask their views on underage drinking or if they drank before they were of age they don't have a problem with that. I had some criminal justice major try to tell me it wasn't breaking the law it was more of and infringement. Had some friends try to tell me underage drinking is permitted if your parent gives it to you which when pressed they had to admit that they drank with out their parents consent while being minors. So it is very interesting to gauge people's reactions when talking about breaking the law in regards to substances .

24. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Blount to Bell: Hey man, you ever play at Heinz field??
    Bell: ya, man. A bunch of games last year.
    Blount: ya man, but did you ever play at Heinz field on WEED!!!!???

25. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    [tweet]502267425392709632[/tweet]