1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell And Blount Cited With Marijuana Possession, Bell DUI

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Aug 20, 2014.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Nate Newton disagrees with you. ;)

2. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Un"freaking"believable

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

My reaction may be very knee jerkish right now but to have players being paid millions of dollars acting so foolishly is unacceptable. Scouts need to do better homework. This is something that I would expect from the Bengals organization. Definitely not somethng that should be put up with by the Steelers front office.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The reports are saying these two idiots were on their way to catch the team plane smh. Time to unfollow Bell on twitter he seemed to be a smart athlete.For the people who say they don't have a problem with them smoking weed, duh it's against the rules this is their job and getting paid millions.

5. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    You never know....perhaps this incident will be the catalyst for a turnaround in their lives and a resolve to remain on the straight and narrow as long as they proudly wear the Black and Gold......(must....keep....straight.....face.....)

6. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
  7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It was an hour before they needed to be at the team plane, it doesn't necessarily mean they were on their way. Look, this shouldn't be too much of a surprise. I have no statistical data to back it up, but I'd wager a rather small minority of NFL players don't smoke marijuana recreationally. As Clark said last year, he knows guys that smoke in his locker room.

They're young, they make mistakes. No one was hurt. Live and learn. Sure, it's rather embarrassing for the team, but it's not that out of the ordinary. If the league punishes them, it sure as heck isn't going to be anytime soon.

8. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Cheech and Chong is more accurate

9. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We take one step forward and two steps back. Just simply ridiculous

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    According to Jason LaCanfora, Blount is traveling with the team and was not arrested. He was able to call someone and leave the scene.

11. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    The part in blue, I agree completely with!
    It shows terribly bad judgement!...
    Esp., the day before our "dress rehearsal game"!
    Ya wanna get high?
    I couldn`t care less, but, don`t be driving around stoned, getting caught doing it!!!
    I`m sure you can find plenty of "masking agents", to let you pass the drug tests, when the NFL tells you, you are gonna have to take one...
    And, for God`s sakes, don`t be out driving around, when you`re stoned, and you could pay a friend, or someone else, to drive!!!
    I`m so shocked, I don`t even know what to say...
    I guess it`s karma..
    I ***** about Manziel, thinking the Rooneys have gotten the message across, that what you do on your own time is fine, as long as it doesn`t affect the team, and then these knuckleheads get busted doing this ****!!!
    C`Mon, Man!!!
    I guess the kids are gonna have to learn from their own mistakes, but it puts the ownership in a tight spot...
    If they don`t discipline them severley, they are gonna look like hypocrites.
    We all know the Rooneys won`t put up with dumb****..
    We`ve kicked plenty of players to the curb, even threatened to trade Ben, don`t force them, to show they`re serious!!!
    As a Fan, tho, I` thinkin we are F*ked if we have to rely on Dri, to run up the middle!!!
    Dammit, Man! I understand the transgressions of youth.
    I made more than my fair share of them myself...
    But I wasn`t jeopardizing a hundered thousand/ million dollar contract at the time!!!
    Dammmit! I`m just pissed they would do this...
    Maybe they should talk to Josh Gordon`s lawyer....
    He`s claiming "second hand smoke"...
    They have less than an ounce of pot between 3 of them, maybe they can split the charges up...LOL,...
    Still, VERY poor choices... I`m not blaming DHB, for being a "bad influence"...
    Bell, should have known what happened to Mendenhall, when he chose to hang around old friends while he was here,
    and what happened to Santonio, and Rainey...
    Learn from the mistakes of others!...
    Damn. This is gonna be bad for our RB situation, at LEAST for a few weeks...
    Hope Goodell thinks about the message he sends, with their fines/possible suspensions, compared to Rice... But, I doubt it...
    Wouldn`t wanna be Bell, or Bey, when Tomlin talks to them, either...
    Or the rest of their teammates...
    For all the "We gotta stick with our brother", the players talk to the media...
    They gotta be getting on their ass in private!!!:facepalm:

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    They are also rich enough to have someone else smoke it for them :roflmao: All kidding aside marijuana for personal use should never EVER be considered a criminal offense

Bman

13. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    You know as well as I do that if these dipsh*ts are blazing right beforre they get on the team plane then they also are waking and baking on the day of the home games.

Looking the other way is not a solution when it comes to having to be focussed when it counts the most.

I don't care if 31 other teams have 53 stoners on it but when it comes down to me personally investing my time and money towards their wealth then I expect a better ROI.

14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    20 grams is not a alot of pot if it was between 3 people. If it were alot then would that not be convicted of trafficing and not simple possession?

Bman

15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think some are going a little overboard here. The Rooney's aren't going to suspend them and Tomlin isn't going to bench them. Blount won't get suspended and Bell probably won't either. Things will go on just like normal.

16. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Just saw a tweet that Blunt was not arrested and is traveling with team.

17. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
  18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If you expect every Pittsburgh Steelers player to not smoke weed you're going to be very disappointed. Cops, judges, lawyers, doctors and NFL players smoke weed. May as well get used to it

19. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

That would be the problem.

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He probably called his dealer :dancing:

21. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    i would like to apologize for calling him timker bell... puffer bell seems a lot more fitting.. how stupid...

HINES

22. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

So in your eyes it's ok.
    OK that they probably practice stoned. Maybe show up on game day stoned. Go hit some vapors at halftime. Fumble a handoff in the 4th.

They make a ton of money. The need to be held accountable and make better choices.

23. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I see where people are being accused of going overboard.

I can't agree there. We just watched Goodell get dragged through the muck with how he's handled the Colts owner and Rice issue. This means the Steelers probably reiterated in meetings to not screw up and stay on the straight and narrow. These guys just gave the League an excuse to hurt the team. Whether you agree with it or not, the first and second string RB are now in the NFL crosshairs. If suspended, who does this team have to turn to?

24. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Just applied to be the steelers official DD. Terms: 4 years $1M per year (no cap implications) daily drug testing

25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yeah smoking weed is so common place anymore. I really don't have a problem with it nor should the commish or the NFL. It's not even remotely considered a performance enhancer lol.

Bman