1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

at least one so called expert thanks we will be strong

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Jun 7, 2014.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I had a chance to play in a golf tournament today and got paired with a former nfl player who now works for the titans. I guess my black and yellow ping bag with steelers head covers and bridgestone steelers balls gave me away. we got to talking about the season cause play was very slow.

long story short he thinks that with our draft, and he also thinks Mitchell signing was a huge upgrade, we will be a very difficult team to handle especially on defense.

he was very impressed with how much we upgraded the roster in just one season. I laughed and said it was a lot of young talent. he made a good point when he said youth is the new strength in the nfl. he said players now are ready to go right away.

I was very encouraged by what he said today because of course he isn't a homer and is a whole heck of a lot smarter than I am.

just thought I would share alittle of it

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I don't trust titans

lol

PING

and for cryin out loud
    our we going to have two lanes on 40 in each direction soon?

NOT IF YOU'RE OUT PLAYING GOLF

any way
    where did you play and what did you shoot?
    did you win your flight

4. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

lol

exactly jack get to what's important.:facepalm:

nananananananannanna

5. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    well I think the bridge is suppose to be done this month.lol we shot pretty good. 4 man scramble we were -14. -19 won

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm not sure I believe the part about all college players being ready right out of the gate. it depends on many factors. I do think we will be even stronger on offense is what a lot of people are missing. what munch does with the guys upfront and how haley uses his weapons to the fullest extent will determine a lot. the talent is there to be had. as for the defense, the added speed will be noticeable.

one thing to consider are guys coming out early. contracts not as long before guys leave teams in the pros, so a different view of vets factors into mentors on teams. what I mean is guys like AB are vets on this team instead of 12-13-14 year vets as we have had in the past decade. our backups were vets of a lot of years too. we are young. as HOF says, we could be 8-8 or 12-4. we will see how field worthy these newbies are. here's hoping.:herewego!::cool:

7. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Well he went into a lot more detail about college players. I will say he was in favor of letting mike go. He thinks he is in the right place. He just doesn't think he is happy with all the responsibilities that come with being a head coach. Hated dealing with media.lol

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    a head coach and a position coach are different worlds. he wasn't the line coach at tenn.. Matthews had those duties. (wouldn't mind him either.) a big change running the whole show for a guy. MT at his early age of jumping to that position is still in the learning process and i have always said that.

it's all going to have to come together with haley,ben and every other position and how they mesh all these weapons into playing with one football. munch should be a much more relaxed guy with some of the duties off his shoulders, but I do think the former head coaches will and have helped mike some. munch can only add to MT, haley if he lets him, and the offense.

sounds like you guys did pretty good out there in the scramble. hey a bad day golfing is better than any day working. :smiley1::cool:

9. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Those are the words I try and live by but the bank and my wife always seem to disagree

10. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    If the defense is a top 10 defense, I think that we're Superbowl competitors. I think that the offense is going to surprise a lot of people with a well balanced run/pass attack.

11. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    If the defense improves pressure and turnover numbers I think the offense will improve because with the coaching, personnel, and philosophy changes we will be better inside the redzone and that will be the difference.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Todd Haley is key, I hope he can utilize the weapons that he has?I feel we have a star in the making in
    Bell, lets use him both in the run game and PASSING GAME.

13. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm pretty sure we will see him in the passing game plenty as he definitely has the skills. ;)

14. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    IF we can find a way to minimize injury this year we are definitely a Superbowl contender. I think Pouncey being hurt really took its toll before we were able to get the line comfortable towards the end of last year. I think we will definitely surprise some people this year. Record might only be 10-6 but we are not going to be a fun team to play once it gets cold out. Using the sledgehammers of Blount and Bell I think we are poised to make a run at #7.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Yeah, I pretty much think they have this covered already.

Rushing
    244 att 860 yds 8 TD's

Rec
    45 rec 399 yds

Thats missing 3 games too.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    heath and health will be key.

I think bell will get the majority and archer will have some packages this year. blount will be the short yardage/finish off games workhorse come the 4th qtr. with leads.

archer and Bryant will have packages in the passing game this year. this is how I think they break it up. keep everyone happy and less beat up towards the end of the season.:cool:

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Bryant will be used solely in the redzone.

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    maybe at first but he can do a lot of things in an open field too. I think he starts slow and increases as he goes with what they give him.:cool:

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    That would be great but just don't see him advancing that quickly. AB, Wheaton, Moore, DHB, and JB, just don't see Bryant getting too many snaps, assuming he is even ready for a bigger role.