1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

THe Official 2014 Draft Thread [No Spoilers]

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, May 8, 2014.

1. SteelLaw

SteelLaw Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This is a Munch pick as he is from Nashville. I like it.

2. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Smart kid, I've watched him play since high school. He's good but he needs to beef up.

3. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Ok, TTF, seriously, how is it you knew they liked him a month ago???

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's a steal for Green Bay, getting Abberderis could be another Jordy Nelson.

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Ok well everyone have fun with the last 2 rounds...I have to get going and will unfortunately miss the rest. Hopefully they get some decent depth guys.

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    He was perhaps one of the most undervalued lineman in this draft. Started all 52 games at Vanderbilt, only allowed 2 sacks in 2 years at LT. Filled in at OG and C, as well as the right side. Smart, nimble, versatile. He's probably best suited moving inside, but will shine in a zone scheme IMO.

7. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    He's a guy I really liked last winter, and hoped he'd be high on their radar. I got excited when I saw that Rooney spent a lot of time with him at his Pro Day.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I really wanted him, I like his game a lot.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Mettenburger finally finds a home.

10. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Awesome call! Art Rooney III himself went to his pro day?

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Johnson is a guy for Munchak to develop he needs to get stronger though.

12. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I really like this idea for our next pick. He looked like superstar against WVU the last couple years.

13. +1 and I bet he ends up be a solid starter down the road.

14. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Dan Rooney Jr, the scout.

15. highly rated tackle antonio richardson still on the board. projected 2-3 round by some

[h=3]STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES[/h]STRENGTHS: Combination of size, agility, patience and power. Shocking athleticism for his size. Well-proportioned with broad shoulders, long arms and tree trunks for legs. Richardson shows surprising quickness and balance off the snap in pass protection, sliding quickly left to properly protect the blind side.He latches on with strong hands and rides with the pass rusher before settling, squaring his shoulders and sustaining nicely by playing on the balls of his feet.
    WEAKNESSES: Was bull-rushed into the quarterback multiple times in a marquee matchup against Jadeveon Clowney in 2013. Needs to be more technically consistent, as he'll get over-extended off the snap, and will at times stop his feet altogether, when asked to redirect in mirroring counter-moves.
    Over-extends at times off the snap and doesn't exhibit consistent patience in pass protection, as he'll often reach to initiate contact when he should first establish his base, and then "catch" his opponent.
    Compares To: Erik Williams, ex-Cowboys -- Like Williams, Richardson is a massive offensive tackle with the ability to re-route pass rushers and be a road-grader in the ground game.
    --Rob Rang and Derek Stephens (2/3/14)
    [h=3]PLAYER OVERVIEW[/h]Nicknamed "Tiny," Richardson is, of course, quite the opposite at a massive 6-6, 332 pounds.Richardson signed with the Volunteers as the top overall prep prospect in Tennessee in 2010. He played in every game as a true freshman but didn't log a single start. As such, it surprised many when then-coach Derek Dooley elected to move steady senior Dallas Thomas inside to left guard in 2012 to hand Richardson the critical role of protecting Tyler Bray's blind side. The gamble on Richardson's potential and Thomas' versatility paid off as each earned Second Team All-SEC honors.
    Richardson really opened eyes with an outstanding performance against South Carolina All-American pass rusher Jadeveon Clowney in 2012. While he wasn't as stellar in the rematch in 2013, Richardson still displayed the ability to hold his own against the SEC's top pass rushers while being a force in the ground game.

16. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    wouldn't mind Deandre coleman at this point.......... surprised he's still around

17. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
  18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Rams took EJ. Grrrr….

19. he tested + for weed but sentrel henderson still available

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    For me it's Mitchell, Jeffcoat, A. Richardson or maybe Shaun Gayle here.

21. brandon coleman 6-6 220 wr from rutgers still available

I'm hoping for A. Richardson, Skov, Mccullers, Hurst, Carson, Henderson

good call on gayle elvis

22. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Can probably wait to get him honestly.

23. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Couple of new guys to add to my want list for Round 6:

S Alden Darby
    S Dion Bailey

24. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    After taking Martavis Bryant, I doubt we are looking for any more WRs. Like the player though.

25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I know most of you are busy watching the draft or keeping track of it at least but has anyone popped over to Steelers.com and watched some of the videos of the pressers? I have only watched Coach Mitchell talk about Tuitt but also about Heyward and McClendon some really interesting stuff.