1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

THe Official 2014 Draft Thread [No Spoilers]

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, May 8, 2014.

1. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Let's see we have 4 lbers that can get after the qb and two of those are also good in coverage how the hell is that going to help out OUR pass defense.

2. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    it wouldn't hurt to see them draft a CB or two who aren't going to be practice squad bodies. i know you guys love to see them pick a scrub just to rub it in anyone's face saying "SEE THEY PICKED A CB". LBs are all that are important to Steelers fans, i suppose.

oh well. you guys know infinitely more about building a Championship-caliber football team than i ever hope to know.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The Steelers do anyway. Been pretty successful at it.

4. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    So did NFLN. Shocking!

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Dude, it's enough already. Seriously, let's give it a rest and move along.

6. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    seriously, I am asking for your opinion. who do you like? who did you want them to take at 15? because if you know this defense and what the player is good at you know that dennard sux in zone. we play a lot of zone. who else would be good at 15?

if trading down wasn't an option and we don't know if it was because it takes 2

7. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    screen passes immediately halt all of that QB pressure by those priceless LBs. you're not going to stop a QB who will have no problem playing a dink-and-dunk passing game. also, when your coverage flat out sucks, you're going to give up serious yards on those plays.

but no, you guys are right. developing SOME KIND of CB/secondary depth isn't anywhere near as important as adding to an already decent LB depth.

8. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    We may not but the steelers sure in the hell do.

9. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Suppose? Pittsburgh Steelers = Linebackers, linebackers, and linebackers!

They instantly improve your secondary.

10. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I am loving watching these teams late in round 1 reach. some good players are gonna be there when we pick in 2nd

11. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    this is a message board.

i wanted Dennard (but omg he sucks so bad!!!!), Fuller (damn Bears), Gilbert (which also wasn't happening), or the next best CB. the Steelers should really start worrying about their CB depth, no matter how much everyone here loves LBs. the Steelers have Ike and... Gay? sorry, but that's not a solid CB corps and you need solid CBs even if you have the best LBs in the game.

12. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah, really. I've seen Jimmie Ward get mocked in the 1st before, but the other guys coming off the board are pretty surprising. Looks like we'll have a good choice for our second pick, be it DL, WR, TE or CB. We may have our pick of Nix, Hageman, and Tuitt if DL is our fancy!

13. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    whatever man all I know is every super bowl we have won we have had a great group of LBers. Why try to fit a square peg into a round hole. So you wanted to take a year to teach Dennard how to play zone? Or did you want to reach for verret or Roby?

14. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    That he created.

15. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Gay was extremely solid last he rated out very well.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It's a message board, not your personnel pissing pot. Move on.

17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree that some of these end-of-round picks are looking like reaches. Mild in the case of the 49ers, and more significant in the case of the Pats. Roby was a solid pick for Denver though.

18. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Ding Ding Ding we got a winner! I'm done with that jag off.

19. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    you could always trade down. it's not a new concept, you know. there have already been several trades in this round alone.

CB was, IMO, a much bigger hole to start filling over ILB. but again, what do i know? i'm in disagreement with the majority of this message board, so i'm clearly in the wrong.

20. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    i wanted Dennard (but omg he sucks so bad!!!!), Fuller (damn Bears), Gilbert (which also wasn't happening), or the next best CB. the Steelers should really start worrying about their CB depth, no matter how much everyone here loves LBs. the Steelers have Ike and... Gay? sorry, but that's not a solid CB corps and you need solid CBs even if you have the best LBs in the game.[/QUOTE]

so is there anyone left you like? its not like THEY cant still get one. maybe in the 2nd or 3rd. that is not late round

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  22. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    You can have the best CB in the world and they'll do you little good if the opposing QB has all the time in the world to pick them apart. How do you stop this from happening?

Linebackers, good ones. Steelers just picked another one up.

23. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    domaug, no one cares if you disagree with them. This isn't the first time you've had a problem. You've made your point and have been warned. It's time to drop it or sign off for the night.

24. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    so is there anyone left you like? its not like THEY cant still get one. maybe in the 2nd or 3rd. that is not late round[/QUOTE]
    MAYBE Roby. he'll slide a bit.

i honestly don't even know why i post here. if you aren't in love with LBs, you don't belong, you're a "jag-off", you're pathetic, etc. there are more holes to fill. despite what you people want to think, Shazier isn't making this team a Super Bowl contender. i don't think he's a bad player in the slightest. i just think the Steelers had a bigger hole to fill than ILB.

25. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Damn well there are still some solid ones out there.