1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2014 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 6, 2014.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    :lolol:

blackandgoldpatrol - Just before you had made the Chargers selection, I had sent a pm to SC recommending Reilly.

I think it was a good selection. Hopefully he agrees.

2. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed..

Reilly fits what SD does. Good pick..

3. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Thanks. ..... . I was actually shocked that he was still available

4. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Last year we got five picks into the 6th round. With three and a half weeks to go, we're just about finished with round 4. We....Could.....Go......All......The......Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Great pick on Webster too. I'm not sure what the kid is going to be, and I am sure he will only be a situational player, but he is a kid whose name you are going to hear on Sundays.

6. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011

i'm also convinced that he'll be gone no later than the 3rd rd in the real draft, and probably the 2nd......... this kid is the small school version of clowney

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I had a feeling things would start lagging and people disappearing come the 5th round.

As long as everyone who is still here is into it and picking for other teams and such we'll keep on going.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Holidays probably slowed things down a bit, see if it picks back up now.

I'm not picking till the 6th round, somebody wake me up at my turn.

9. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    At this pace we will probably finish up somewhere late in the 6th round. We'll see though.

Greedily, I want to finish this whole thing up, as SF has the #26, #27, #28 and #30 picks in Round 7 :smiley1:

10. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Do we want to proceed into Round 7 even though there is no way we will finish it? I think it is fitting the Steelers have the last pick in Round 6 and that might be a good way to finish this draft up. Thoughts?

Also, to the Rams GM, SF is willing to offer their 3 7th round picks in return for your pick here in the 6th. :hehehe:

11. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011
    agreed that it will be impossible to finish (especially at the current pace)......as much as I would like to finish this, it might be the best thing to wrap up after the 6th

12. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    The Texans are ok with that decision if it comes to that, but I'm also ok if we continue.

After all how often is it that you get to choose the first and last player of a draft. :smiley1:

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  14. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    As much as part of me keeps saying lets see how far we can go/etc....I think it would be fitting to end with the Steelers 6th round comp pick...We'd probably only get a handful of picks into round 7 anyways.

So with that being said...we will be ending with the 6th round.

Somebody needs to pick for StL...and we will have the vote for the Steelers pick...which will be the end of our draft.

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Please take them!

16. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011
    with the tsf fantasy draft ending after the 6th rd. the Cleveland browns proudly present our 2014 draft class:

1st rd.: Johnny Manziel qb tex. a+m..... will infuriate defenses
    tre mason rb auburn....... many may feel this is a reach, but I feel the re-drafts at season's end will prove me right

2nd rd.: Martavis Bryant wr Clemson....... great chance to develop with defenses focusing on Gordon

3rd rd.: Yawin Smallwood ilb UConn....... diamond in the rough that will become a tackling machine
    billy (bully) turner ot N. Dakota st..... will make a great bookend to joe thomas

4th rd.: ego ferguson dt lsu............. will be part of a strong rotation
    victor Hampton cb s.Carolina..... steal at this point of the draft and will start opposite haden
    Terrence west rb towson....... may surprise and produced far more than expected

5th rd.: Larry Webster de/olb bloomsburg...... another steal here and would probably push kruger out the door

6th rd.: Michael Sam de Missouri....... not the best work out numbers, but produced when the whistle blew

if we did the 7th my pick would've been Lavelle Westbrooks cb ga. southern

on a side note, I sincerely hope the real browns draft is no where near this good, as it would shake up the balance of power in the north

17. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011
    the Indianapolis colts proudly present our 2014 draft class:

2nd rd.: Cyril Richardson og Baylor

3rd rd.: Will Sutton dt Arizona st.

5th rd.: chris smith de/olb Arkansas

6th rd.: Cody Hoffman wr byu

if we completed the 7th rd. my last pick would've been (if available) George Atkinson rb notre dame

18. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Atlanta Falcons 2014 Draft Class:

1. Greg Robinson, T, Auburn – We think we scored the best player in the entire draft here. He will solidify the tackle position for the Falcons for the next 12-15 years and has the potential to be a perennial All-Pro
    2. Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State- The best big back in the draft this year. He will create a dynamic 1-2 punch with Stephen Jackson that will wear down defenses and let them score at will late in the fourth quarter of games
    3. Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford- We feel this was a tremendous value pick here. We have him graded as a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] rounder, and to get him in the third is ideal. We are hoping he can turn into a pass rushing terror like our scouts believe he can
    4. Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson- Another good value pick, we feel he can immediately be called upon in our secondary and eventually develop into a solid starter for years to come
    4b.Bryan Stork, C, Florida State- He should be a quality player that has good position flexiibility

1. Craig Loston, S, LSU- Great frame and good speed should translate well to the next level. He is also a punishing hitter which can put fear into opposing players
    2. Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley State- If he played in a larger program, he is a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] round pick. Because of the smaller competition, he has slipped all the way to us. He has excellent measurable and should be able to transition into the starting lineup and replace Roddy White in a couple of years

19. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    The Houston Texans in review after the 2014 TSF fantasy draft

Rnd 1.
    Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina - Seeing as he is the most talented player to come out of this draft, we definitely see the potential to have a killer defense for years to come. Romeo Crennel will have a field day turning CLowney into a DE/OLB hybrid for his 3-4.
    Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville - WIth the most NFL ready QB prospect added to this team this should make a good case for the Texans not only to get back to the playoffs but to win their division and really compete for the SB. We sacrificed some to move up and make sure he was ours but feel very confident in the decision.
    Rnd 4.
    Ka'Deem Carey RB Arizona - with an offensive line that has already produced multiple 1000yd rushers in place the Texans believe Carey will be the next man up to accomplish this mark.
    Cameron Fleming, OT, Stanford - While we see the potential in Fleming we also understand that he will need some work and fully expect him to be a solid backup this year if ever needed and a future long term starter.
    Will Clarke, DE, West Virginia - Clarke has been somebody I've been watching for a while, and while his numbers aren't eye popping on anything they are consistently there though. putting him in a rotation opposite Watt for when Clowney play OLB we feel is a recipe for success.
    Rnd 5.
    Kenny Ladler FS Vanderbilt - When value and need matchup there is no better thing in a draft. I'm pretty sure we will see Ladler off the board during the early part of the 4th round so this was a steal for us at this point.
    Anthony Steen, OG, Alabama - Similar to Fleming earlier, Steen should be a quality backup his first year and fighting for a starting spot next year. He has been a part of one of the best rushing offenses for the past 3 years and knows how to contribute to a winner.
    Rnd 6.
    John Urschel, G/C, Penn State - again similar to Steen/Fleming, Urschel has the smarts to play multiple positions along the line and should turn out to be a late round steal.
    Deandre Coleman, DT, California - While we know he will be a project, Coleman is one of the few that can play the nose tackle position. His size makes him a commodity that when coached up will be a force to aid some of the studs currently on this defense.

20. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    First and foremost I'd like to thank EVERYONE again this year for participating. Also a special thanks to those who stuck around to the end and kept it going through these (usual) dying rounds. And of course a big thanks to my official "helpers" again this year (NB, numbah, TTF and Elvis)...couldn't have done it without you guys.

I think this year was one of the smoothest/best yet...while I didnt join in and take a team this year...I still enjoyed watching and so on. Congrats/thanks/etc...feel free to discuss your drafts and whatever else and see how you end up doing for your team compared to the real draft this week.

21. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Hear hear! Big thanks to gpguy for running this thing. Definitely went smooth this year and look out for next year...we're looking to trade up for Mariota. ;)

22. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Great times all. Some of you know who you are... mind reading player poaching mother#%*$&#, hahaha!! The drunk GM seemed to be a bit drunker than usual this year.

Here it is... Kansas City Chiefs draft:

33rd - Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington - Arguably one of the best TE in this year's draft. He will instantly help Smith out as well as become a RedZone target.

65th - Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado - I'll be honest I was hoping another WR was going to fall to this point but I'll gladly take Paul to help stretch the field. Making them a much better offense. Hopefully along with ASJ can provide more running room for Charles.

88th - Antone Exum, S, Virgina Tech. - He seems better suited for S then CB which some people have him at. I think he will do fine as a FS next to E. Berry. Like to play in facing the ball, solid tackler with ball hawking skills.

6th roung pick - Spencer Long, OG, Nebraska - The steal of the draft if he can come back from a knee injury. This kid is a beast and will be given every oppertunity to grab either starting gusrd spot.

7th round - Ben Coleman if he was still around. would have been a de, lb, or another ol depending on who was available.

Not bad considering we didn't have a second round pick and I was drunk the whole draft. Still came away with 3 picks in the first 2 days.

23. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Great job again GPguy! This is always great fun! :steelflag:

24. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    It was a great draft and a great experience. But the #1 positive to come out of this draft is winggin's new avatar. :roflmao:

25. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Thanks to TTF for creating this home and GPGUY for bringing this with him from the old board AND for being the commish.

This was the 1st mock draft I've participated in as a GM and was fortunate enough to be my #2 teams GM, the Panthers. After some very poor time management on our part we were able to regroup and create the draft we wanted and think will reflect reallife draft.

Here is our completed draft:

Round 1:Morgan Moses OT UVA.... After losing Gross to retirement keeping Cam healthy and maintaining a solid OL for our dynamic run game became job 1.

Round 2: Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech... Jace is a supersized WR. He is less athletic than Ebron but a better TE, good blocker better hands. He is an Offensive weapon and paired with Greg Olsen our 2 TE sets ( Jace can split wide to slot WR too ) combined with our run game will be frightening for defenses.

Round 3:Mike Davis WR Texas... After losing 3 WR in FA this became a need, a big one. Mike Davis was an underused WR in Texas, don't let that fool you, he very athletic with good speed, height at 6 feet and very solid hands making catches in traffic. He's also a good & willing blocker. Texas' system hid his production but the Panthers system paired with Cam will have GM's asking, "why didn't we draft him? " . We also acquired WR Chris Givens from the Rams to bolster our WR group. We know others don't think much of him but a 6 ft WR with 4.4 speed, going into his 3rd NFL season after avg 40 rec and a 16.5 yd/rec. for two yrs he's ready to explode and after being freed from behind the Rams very deep WR corp which includes Tavon he'll do just that.

Round 4: Ed Reynolds S Stanford... We lost Mitchell to the Steelers and thru a trade to move up we acquired Reynolds. At 6.2" 205 he's a hitter in the mold of R.Clark. He isn't a speed guy but is Never out of position due to his football intelligence and has very solid hands, ball skills. Solid Tackler in the box.

Round 5: Rashaad Reynolds CB Oregon St. After Losing Captain Munnerlyn we needed to bolster our CB corp and Reynolds is a perfect fit as a slot corner. Great tackler, ball skills and instincts.

Round 6: Kevin Pierre-Louis OLB, Boston College..... BPA hands down. Perfect fit for our 4-3 defense AND is reunited with Luke Kuechly where they played together for 2 yrs. He's a tackling machine with speed who can run & cover. Again, a perfect WIL in our system. He ran a 4.46 40.... 1.56 10yd & 2.53 20yd. He has WR speed and is at top speed in 2.5 sec. He's also strong, 28 reps.

We had a very solid draft after a very shaky start and thanks to our trading partners for helping us. Thanks to the commish, gpguy, this was a blast.

Panthers GM; Cajun-