1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2014 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT TRADES (ANNOUCEMENTS & DISCUSSIONS) ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
  2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    While the trade value chart isnt the be all end all...but basing the amount the picks are worth (542) and that Givens was selected with the 1st pick of the 4th round just 2 years ago (112 point value)...totaling 654 points and Lee's pick was equal to 660.

I personally wouldn't trade Lee at all based on Carolina's current roster situation...even though they do have other areas of need. And its funny that Carolina traded away their 2nd/4th to Clev to move up in the 2nd and now are getting a 2nd and 4th plus a player, haha.

However both teams are agree to it...and similar things have happened in real life (Eli/Rivers swap)....I so no major issues here.

I approve with a condition...as long as this move doesn't involve Carolina just going and drafting another WR with this 2nd round pick (as this would be just a waste of time/etc...when they're trading away a solid WR that was picked for them...just to get ANOTHER WR?...this would take away from a little bit of the realism we're trying to keep with this thing)!

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I don't know how we've handled player trades in the past, but it seems OK to me. I approve.

4. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Don't forget, they are getting Givens too. So, even if they take a WR, they would be getting 2 for 1.

The Rams are hoping that the trade stands so that Lee can have a nice homecoming when we move the team to LA in a couple of years. Also, I need to know soon if I am drafting at this spot, because I will be offline in a few minutes.

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Oh I know though but Givens to me isn't much...I see Lee as a much better player/etc...so to exchange them is just blah to me, haha.

and with TTF approving thats 2....

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Personally I dont think half these trades would happen in real life, you guys are trade happy. The Rams definitely wouldnt have made that trade with the Panthers.

I was going to take Amaro, cajun with all his freaking trades :frustrated:

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Out of the bunch i agree with you on this last one, haha. But it wasnt anything like previous years wow...thats the main reason we did the trade committee because too many people were abusing trades...and i even kicked someone out of the mock because of it before.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol: He must have been really bad!

Steelers are on the clock every one. I actually had to end up using my vote on the Lions, I'll have to think about who I want to vote for now.

9. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Why? I traded a 1st rd pick, # 27 for a 2nd and 4th plus a player ( former 4th rd selection. ) You point out the points probably are too much on the Rams side but then agree with blast that the rams wouldn't make that trade.

The Rams would now have Tavon Austin & Marqise Lee, Steadman Bailey and Austin Pettis @ WR. Their air attack should now be among the most dangerous in the NFL.

The Panthers, though Lee was a fit, he wasn't enough alone, we seriously needed a LT, we lost 3 WR in FA and only acquired Cotchery, an 11 yr vet. We gained Chris Givens, who even though was a former 4th rd selection is entering his 3rd yr ( important ) and remember, in 12' as a rookie he had 42 rec for an avg of 16.6 yds. In 13' he had 34 rec for an avg of 16.6 yd/catch. Very consistent, and productive for a 3rd WR. He had a 40 time of 4.35 so he's fast and primed to become a starter, possibly a #1 receiver. Amaro provides us with a serious weapon, he's an oversized WR, provides serious mismatches and coupled with Greg Olsen should make the Panthers offense a viable and dangerous part of the team. They have the defense and now a rebuilt offense with a franchise QB.

I knew Detroit was targeting a TE and Amaro, a 1st rd talent was still there at 11 in the 2nd rd. I had to move up to stabilize our Line and passing attack.

I also feel I'm within the rules and being VERY realistic and to soothe your concerns this had absolutely nothing to do with Marqise Lee not being my pick. I like Lee and if I had to keep him it would have been ok, as long as I was able to add the other elements I felt we needed.

Panthers GM, Cajun-

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

I never said your outside the rules or anything...everything matched up fine there. I was just saying personally I just wouldnt do that and ranked that the lowest or whatever of the trades so far.

11. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    yes...the year before he was a pain...and i was convinced by others to let him back in the next year...then he kept it up...so i kick him out...so much better without him.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Did me a favor actually, Robinson and Matthews are my 2 favorite receivers in the draft, I was shying away from taking one there because they signed Tate but hes more of a number 3, Robinson would be a big help if Johnson misses any time and a two headed monster when they are both on the field. Either him or Amaro would have been a good pick there. Pettigrew is an up and down TE, there are still others in the draft I covet should I go that direction.

13. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Why wouldn't the Rams take that deal? The Rams have Tavon Austin (a slot guy) and a handful of young receivers who are decent, but no likely #1 among them. Marquise Lee gives them a legit potential #1 receiver. Of the remaining guys - Mike Quick, Stedman Bailey, Austin Pettis, Chris Givens - Givens was the most likely odd man out. The way I look at it, the Rams traded their 4th rounder to move up from their 2nd round slot to the 29th pick where Lee was taken. Adding Givens to the mix meant very little to the Rams because he was probably not going to make the cut anyway. I think the deal was solid for the Rams.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Lee is a good receiver but I don't think he is so good they'd surrender a 4th when this draft is very deep in WR's. They could have taken a receiver in the second and kept their 4th and Givens (even know you are probably right about him) JMO.

15. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Lee is much better than any WR who would have been available for the Rams IMO. I thought it was a great deal for St Louis.

16. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I thought it was a great deal for both teams.

Panthers GM, Cajun

17. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    By no means is it a bad deal for the Panthers either. Just seemed like some thought it was a bad deal for the Rams, which I definitely don't think it is. I am a big Marqise Lee fan. Certainly it was a fair trade in both directions.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think it was better for the Panthers then the Rams but the Rams still got a first rd talent out of it though. I just didn't think it was necessary, I don't think there is a whole lot separating some of these receivers. And I'm not trying to knock Elvis for doing it, I think highly of him as a board member, I just disagree on this one.

19. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    SF pick coming soon... just seeing if i can drum up a trade first.

20. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    An offer has been made for our 3rd round pick and we're in negotiations right now,

panthers GM, Cajun