1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We pick 15. Some players I like

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelerNDC, Dec 30, 2013.

1. SteelerNDC

SteelerNDC Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    In no order.

CJ Mosley ILB
    Darqueze Dennard CB
    Louis Nix NT
    Mike Evans WR
    Marqise Lee WR
    Cedric Ogbuehi OT
    Cyrus Kouandjio OT

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Drafting Ebron wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I love the joyner kid from fla st. mosley would be great but not sure if that is the biggest need.

4. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Kelvin Benjamin, WR Fla St?

Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU

5. SteelerNDC

Oct 25, 2011
    Ebron just doesn't excite me that much. I think Mike Evans is MUCH better and worth trading a lower round pick if want to move up and grab someone like that. Evans is 6'5'' and 225lbs, Ebron is 6'4'' 245lbs.

Mosley would be great and ILB I think is def a need.

6. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Joyner reportedly has a great mentality/work ethic as well.

7. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    there are a lot of good players in the late first middle second , drafting at 15 means no evans , so i will trade down and grab more picks ,or i would take amaro

8. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    tight end is deep this year so I would look at day two for one

9. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  10. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    if we lose hood and keisel, the kid tuitt at Stanford would be ok at 15. I wouldn't be thrilled but it would fill a need and he will be solid I think. its just not exciting. we need to keep the dline strong and it wasn't this year

11. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I would love to get this guy...Austin Seferian-Jenkins[FONT=verdana, arial, sans serif]. I really like him as a player. I would like to see more of his tape blocking, but I like his receiving tape a LOT.[/FONT]

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :this!:Both of these guys are playmakers.

13. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    If that list is correct, I think we all know that will change DRASTICALLY at the combine, but the largest impact guys on offense are both at 8. Hope Mike Evans drops and then that Seferian-Jenkins does the same exact thing. That would be a GREAT draft IMO.

Now that being said, I think I am more clearly defined in what I see as needs on the O side of the ball, so I can clearly see how these guys would impact us. On the D side, I just have WAY too many question marks still. For instance:

1. NT...Does the FO see McLendon and Woods as answers at NT?
    2. DE...Does Keisel come back? Hood? Can Arnfelt or Nick Williams contribute to the team's goals?
    3. ILB....Does Foote come back? Will Spence ever play again? Does the FO see Williams or Garvin or the combo as potential solutions to our ILB needs?
    4. OLB....Is Woodley back? Is Worilds resigned? Are Carter or Sylvester brought back?
    5. CB....Ike? Where is our depth?
    6. S.....Clark I think is gone, but what about Troy? Is Golden a player? Is W. Allen back?

I just have WAY too many questions to know what we are going to do on that side of the ball. On O I think it is pretty easy. WR due to Sanders probably going away. TE cause Heath is getting old and you can see what happens when he isn't here. LT, if the player is elite only, would also be something you couldn't pass on.

14. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Louis Nix

Think C. Hampton, V. Wilfork

15. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ebron in the 1st and I'd be happy, happy, happy...

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    As a potential dark horse, I will mention Trent Murphy from Stanford. I've just started watching film on him, and I like the kid a lot. If he can gain 20 lbs, I think he can be one of that new breed of 3-4 DEs that play the run and pass rush equally well. He's currently listed at 6'6", 261, but he plays very strong - like 280+. He holds up well at the point of attack against the run. He plays his responsibilities and does't get fooled by fakes. He disrupts plays in the backfield. He has long arms and bats down passes (and even has a couple of pick 6's on balls that he has batted and caught). He actually reminds me a quite a bit of JJ Watt as a prospect.

I have a lot more watching to do, but I could see him and Heyward as a big time set of bookends in our 3-4.

17. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    Cool, I like your thought process there, using some creative thinking. Never would've linked Murphy to a DE position with us.

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    to me guys in the 1st round and in the top 15, should be game ready.

ebron- I've seen several drops by him. I've read loses focus as reason for several drops. needs polish I've read. is a project at blocking at this point. all this leads me to believe everyone is ga-ga over his size/speed ratio more than his actual real worth to a team day one. I think he's to high in the rankings.

ogbuehi (sp?) is also to high. he was a right guard last year and moved to RT this year. nobody was sure how he would handle speed off the edge. has a running qb which covers up a lot of deficiencies. I think he's to highly ranked.

murphy- I hate to draft a guy that high and then we have to transform him into what we need. will he keep his speed adding 20lbs.? will his quickness remain? this is also too highly ranked for our team need. if we were a 4-3, I might think different about him.

these rankings will change a lot by draft time.:cool:

19. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm not sold on Nix. Not because of his performance but because he would not see the field but maybe two plays. Especially at 15. We need an every down defensive player that should start day one. And that's highly unlikely in Lebeau's system.

But if you do take a defensive player, just chalk up his first year as an apprenticeship. Unless you take Nix and he might be the only position that could start day one but then you run in to the situation of playing two downs and off the field because of the way the league is now.

I say, go with an offensive weapon, either WR or TE. Ben can never have enough of those.

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Murphy is not a first round pick, he will go in the mid to late rounds.

21. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not sure if you've watched any game tape on him but his hands are nothing to worry about. He reminds me of Kellen Winslow (I know high praise), he makes some very difficult catches with ridiculous body control for a man his size. Don't know who wrote what you read but they must be blind.

22. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Alan Robinson has declared, I like how he fights for the ball

23. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    Nah, if some of these other lower-tier pass rushers (Shea McClellin, Nick Perry, etc) come off the board late day one, or day two, then Murphy has a great chance to do the same. Smart, athletic, great frame, high-motor, yeah, he'll get drafted early.

24. SteelerNDC

Oct 25, 2011
    Take Cyrus Kouandjio OT off my list. He got owned last night

25. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    yeah Mac
    I know I'm goo goo over most tarheels ,but believe me I've seen every tarheel game and Ebron is a real good blocker and has no problem being a blocking tightend.
    I've seen him drop a few too and it eats him alive and demands the ball again.
    he would ideal with Heath and I don't feel heath is done by along shot
    these two TE can have the longevity of Tony

last year Giovanni ran well because of Ebrons blocking

don't tell me you read this article from the Raleigh News and Observer :roflmao:

those people along with the DA's office are out to get any tarheel :cool:

unfortunately I don't see him being around at 15 he's that good