1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers-Chiefs gameday thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Dec 29, 2013.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The picking the flag up without explanation at the end was bizarre. It's like they were thinking "screw it, it's over regardless and we have a plane to catch."

I think it at least deserved an explanation.

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought that was strange too.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Right! That is so ridiculous, and it seems to be becoming a trend in this league. Pick up a flag and run off the field. Refs shouldn't be allowed to run from the field, period. It just seems dishonest.

4. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Well, c'mon, did any of us really think this wasn't going to turn to heartbreak??? The Dolphins didn't win, because that would have been too easy. And the Ravens didn't win, because that wouldn't have twisted the knife. And the Chargers didn't go up by 20 at halftime, or something, because that wouldn't have prolonged the drama.

We all had to know Succup would miss that field goal. And that the Chiefs-Chargers game would go down to the wire, with us holding our heads in our hands at the end. The blown fumble did nothing but add to the pain.

For those who say the Steelers put themselves in this position...yeah, indeed. But i can't help to think how things would be different if the Steelers or Dolphins or Ravens or Jets also got one of its sixteen games against 20 backups.

5. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That isn't what my crystal ball said. Guess I need a new one.

6. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
  7. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    It gets even better. Pereira says that SD was illegal on the missed FG from KC.
    "They are correct. SD had more than 6 players on one side of the center on the line of scrimmage. That is a new rule and a foul." Mike Pereira (@MikePereira)

8. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    And that may have cost us our 7th Lombardi! Improbable? Yes. But ANYTHING is possible when you get in the tournament!

9. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Of course the refs butchered it at the end of the game. Of course they managed to spot the ball on the fake punt exactly where it needed to be for a first down instead of awarding the Chiefs the TD despite no whistle being blown. Of course Succop kicked the ball exactly straight from the hashmark. Of course the only starter in the whole game for the chiefs blew what has been a chip shot for all kickers all year. Of course on the final series when Daniel had the Chiefs moving Reid calls a toss sweep to the weak side when the defense is cheating the run.

Did somebody predict the above things WEREN'T going to happen?

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No worries, Steelers will get # 7 before the Chokers ever win one!