1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

As I predicted: Fat Andy is Laying down, AGAIN...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Darkhelmet, Dec 25, 2013.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I just think it's better to go into the playoffs on a roll. We've seen situations where the starters were shut down and had a hard time cranking it back up again. Granted, as you point out, it's more of an issue when you sit the starters for the last game or two and then have a bye. If I were a coach (and it's a good thing I'm not, lol) I think I might be tempted to look at it much like the third preseason game where the starters play well into the third quarter. JMHOFWIW.

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  3. Darkhelmet

Darkhelmet Active Member

Dec 15, 2013
    AND FOLKS IT'S GONNA COME DOWN TO FAT ANDY LAYING DOWN.

4. blackandbling36

blackandbling36 Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And you wouldn't have had to worry about that if the Steelers would have taken care of business in any of their blown games.

5. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    B36: BINGO!

6. Hinesistheman

Hinesistheman Active Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I expect the Chiefs to be fined for lessening the integrity of the shield. Won't happen, but should.

7. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    they're in the playoffs no matter what. they can do whatever the hell they want. as much as it would upset me for them to throw the game, the Steelers have nobody to blame but themselves for this predicament they're in.

8. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    It'll never happen. Teams rest starters every season. There is nothing wrong with it, it is good business sense and I would expect Tomlin to do the same thing in that position.

9. Hinesistheman

Hinesistheman Active Member

Apr 27, 2012
    what about fans who pay top money for those tickets who don't see the stars they paid to see?

10. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I'm guessing the Chargers' fans are going to get their money's worth...

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    And im sure they r not sad that Kc is resting their stars

12. Darkhelmet

Darkhelmet Active Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Before you get all high and mighty with your "correct" viewpoint, know that NOT everyone in the league agrees with you... Just moments ago Shannon Sharpe, who owns, I believe 3 super bowl rings, said that he does NOT agree with Reid sitting his starters, as they will be going into the playoffs on a losing streak. Whether you want to argue the point of the actual reason for sitting the starters, is not relevant. Know, instead, that not everyone in the league agrees with you, and in point of fact, there is one paid analyst with 3 more super bowl rings than you have, that disagrees with you.

Deal with it.

13. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    High and mighty? :rolleyes: It's business and resting starters makes good business sense. The guaranteed benefits of resting your starters outweigh the potential impact of them being rusty.

Funny thing about analyst comments. Everyone brings them up when they support their opinions but everyone says they don't know what they are talking about if they don't.

Deal with it? Boy, you told me huh?

14. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    you're criticizing ScottChab for having his own opinion but you're praising Shannon Sharpe for his opinion. this is simply because Shannon Sharpe's opinion is similar to yours.

understand that this type of reaction from you (and anyone else) is very childish.

deal with it.

15. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Funny how that works, huh? ;)

16. Darkhelmet

Darkhelmet Active Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Funny how you are backpeddling on the other thread right now, and keep backing up and backing up, just in case Fat boys scrubs beat San Diego.

You've been arguing it's righteousness now for 5 days, don't stop now! LOL.

Sharpe has 3 rings, how many you got Chab?

17. Darkhelmet

Darkhelmet Active Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Sharpe has 3 rings. How many you got "domaug"?

18. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Well to the people saying it is good business to rest starters to avoid injury before play-offs, do you also agree teams should just start throwing games to get a better draft pick? If not, you are being a hypocrite. If you do not agree I would be glad to debate you on that more in depth.

History has shown time and time again resting your starters does not really pay off and may actually be a detriment to your post season chances. I don't like it, and I think fans deserve better. Especially when it doesn't ever help teams and usually hinders them. As a Steelers fan of course I am bitter Andy is sitting his starters. You guys can act like the Steelers don't deserve it and for some reason be glad Andy is sitting guys to basically ensure we miss the playoffs, but that doesn't sound like a true fan to me. Alot of factors outside of the Steelers control led to an 8-8 season. Of course they shoulder the blame but I don't get not caring they are going to most likely miss the playoffs if you call yourself a fan.

To people who agree with what Andy is doing, not only is a slap in the face to fans but history, facts and stats go against it as well. So maybe you should rethink your position.

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Enough already.

20. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hold on here. I believe that teams should not sit their starters because I think it is against the spirit of competition. I do not believe that is a childish position. Lets try to have disagreements here without name-calling.

21. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Throwing games and resting starters are 2 different things IMHO. One is an intentional impact on the outcome of a game and the other is guaranteeing that your starters are fresh for the playoffs. It's fine is you disagree, it's just my opinion.

Does history prove that resting players has a direct impact on the game? No. You can't directly correlate resting players with the overall performance of a team. Resting players isn't a slap in the face, it's been done over and over and over.

22. Darkhelmet

Darkhelmet Active Member

Dec 15, 2013

23. Darkhelmet

Darkhelmet Active Member

Dec 15, 2013
    No fan who argues for 5 pages against the best interest of the Steelers, is a true Steeler fan.

24. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011

25. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011