1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Bowl Announcement Tonight

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TwentyFourSeven, Dec 27, 2013.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The sad thing is that Russell Wilson made it even though he has only 3100 yards, the #1 defense, and the #4 running game...ALL of the things that were used against Ben to hold him out of the PB earlier in his career.
    :shrug:

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Wilson was actually in the conversation for MVP this year. I'm totally cool with him making it though because I REALLY like him and hope he goes on to have a great career.

3. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanx for the info, guys....
    I honestly was not aware that the voting was league wide at the positions, as opposed to within the conferences.
    Not that it matters much, i really don`t pay much attention to the annual popularity contest...
    But, I did hear that they were gonna put all the players in a pool, and let Deion, and someone else pick from that pool, like picking kids on a playground, instead of playing AFC vs. NFC...:facepalm:
    What a joke... I just hadn`t heard that the voting was the same way...
    Yeah, I would have to say it is even more ridiculous, that Ben didn`t make the Pro-Bowl, given that scenario... SHEESH!!!
    What hurts worse, is seeing that the CLOWNS got five guys in this year, and we only had two, when I opened my newspaper this morn!:mad:
    (Yeah, I still read the newspaper, I`m "Old School", like that... LOL)...I like the "hardcopy"...
    Anyhow, what sucks, is I agree they had more players deserving of the ProBowl, than we did, even tho their record is worse....
    I willl quietly go puke, now!:dizzy:
    GO STEELERS!!!:steelflag:

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The Clowns always seem to have talented players but just too many inmates running the asylum.

5. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    And, as usual, all I heard at the beginning of the year, was...
    "Just wait, now we have... _____"... Fill in the blank at Head Coach, Either Co-Ordinater position, General Manager, Owner, Quarterback, Runningback, D_Linemen, etc, etc...
    "This will be our year"!!!
    And, the beginning of this year was worse than ever before, because they have been waiting us to start 0-4, for, like, EVER!!!
    And, Now, I`m hearin what i usually hear from them... "Just wait till next year"...
    I will, honestly admit, they do have a better team than they have ever had, since they came back, and they have a better coaching staff, than they have probably ever had, since they came back almost 20 years ago...
    BUT.... They still haven`t pulled out more than 5 wins... And I REALLY hope our team comes to play, and doesn`t ge cocky, tomorrow, expecting to just "OWN" the Clowns, like I do...
    Our team is gonna have to be on their game, and not beat themselves...
    THEN, I willl be able to walk into work on Monday with a sly grin on my face, without saying a word, whether the other three games go our way or not...
    And if by chance, they do???
    Yeah, I will be talking a LOAD of crap to `em!!!
    GO STEELERS!!!

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I would LOVE for you to be loaded down with crap after tomorrow but I sadly and fully expect us to miss the playoffs this year.

7. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    AS long as we beat the Clowns tomorrow, I can grin at work Monday.... I just won`t talk crap about it...
    After the last game, when I came in wearing my "Cleveland STILL sucks", tee shirt, and my Steeler Hat, and callin out the 23 yr old kid, by name, they get my point....
    I`d LOVE to talk crap to `em if we make the Playoffs, but, I really don`t expect Miami to lose to the Jets... The rest of the games, I think we actually have a decent chance of turning out in our favor...
    GO STEELERS!!!

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I think San Diego is gonna be the nail in our coffin. I think the Jets might win that game since they might be playing for Rex's job.

9. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Just wanna beat Cleve.
    End the season on a good note, and let the chips fall where they may...
    We had MULTIPLE chances to EARN a berth....
    Now, It`s just win, and hope...:praying::herewego!:

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I wanna beat them just based on the fact that I don't want to lose ANY game regardless of what is at stake.

11. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011

You really got that worked up over my previous posts about Brady..that you had to bring it into another thread...I'm not sure whether to be flattered or feel bad for you ...:lolol: [sarcasm]

12. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Come on man, it's [sarcam]blah blah blah[/sarcasm]. Don't try to take shortcuts.

Again, it was a joke so no need to feel flattered or bad for me.