1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

As I predicted: Fat Andy is Laying down, AGAIN...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Darkhelmet, Dec 25, 2013.

1. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  2. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011

Cool. That opened things up a little. Can we say 7-12 year olds so I have a bigger pool?

3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    yeah funny stuff.
    it appears there is a Steeler fan in that house too.

4. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    no no
    it was 8 yr olds,so lets not dilute the survey by expanding the pool:smiley1:

5. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Its not a meaningless game if its the only game you have ever gone to see. The fans have paid their money, the players and coaches are getting paid, the team should play their best, period.

6. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    should they fine the team like the NBA fined the Spurs last year for resting their players when they played Miami in the regular season?

7. Aerosteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes they should. It is an intentional act that reduces your team's ability to win. That shouldn't be tolerated in any sport.

8. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    It doesn't matter if it is a meaningless game to the fans or not. It's about he business.

9. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    well it's been said
    the Chiefs need to win this game because they got beat by chargers at home earlier.
    also, if they lose,then their record against teams with records above .500 will be abysmal. 1-4 I believe.
    so Andy needs his team to win this game just to build confidence going into the playoffs

that's what I good coach does.
    so, there you have it no worries with this game we just have to see the yets take care of tannenbum

woohoo playoffs here we come

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I can see both sides of it. It's not laying down if you rest your players and I think most fans attending the game are good with the team resting certain players for the overall good of extending the season. Comparing it to preseason is wrong and sitting players late in the season on losing teams is wrong also.

11. Aerosteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Of course it is laying down. I am OK with people that say it is OK to tank the game because they are preparing for the playoffs, I don't agree with them, but I understand it. You are just kidding yourself if you don't think resting your best players isn't tanking the game.

12. Aerosteel

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree with you here. They do it because its about business. That's the problem. Sports is supposed to have a level of integrity. Any time a team doesn't play its best on purpose, it shows a lack of integrity for the sport.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Sorry, but laying down is giving up on purpose or deliberately losing the game. Even with some back up players they are trying to win the game.
    So when they benched Mendy last year, was they laying down?

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Like when Tomlin benched Brown earlier this year?

15. Aerosteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Of course not. Mendy deserved to be benched because of his actions. I disagree with your assertion that they are trying to win the game. They are not playing their best players because they don't care if they win the game or not. They certainly are not trying their best to win the game. I understand that the players that are playing aren't tanking the game but the coaches certainly are. They have intentionally put an inferior team on the field. How can that not be tanking the game?

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Benching your best players doesn't help you win or give you the best chance of winning does it?

17. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    :this!:

18. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Where did you find the definition for 'laying down'? I define it differently. If they cared about winning the game, wouldn't they play their starters? What you're talking about with Mendy is completely different, and I'm sure you know that...

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What about Brown?

20. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    The NFL has been that way for years. If someone wants integrity in a sport, maybe they shouldn't watch football. Just a thought.

21. Darkhelmet

Darkhelmet Active Member

Dec 15, 2013
    "When Ben got laid out against Cleveland in 08..."

You mean when we won our 6th Super Bowl? You mean THAT year?

Get real. Benching your starters, is laying down, and is a deliberate, slap in the face to the integrity of the game.

Anyone arguing this question, needs to be second guessed on their real loyalty to the Steelers.

22. Aerosteel

Oct 19, 2011
    So since the Steelers are a football team in the NFL are you saying they don't have integrity?

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Why is it we can't have a difference of opinion without the insults?
    If the NFL allows it then that's all that matters really?

24. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Andy Reid is going to mix and match regulars with back-ups. So expect Charles, Smith and other key players play about 2-3 qtrs. I have confidence KC will do just fine against the chargers...

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    People around here are always calling for back ups and scrubs to play on our team weekly, isn't that asking the Steelers to not field the best team they can?