1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben to critics...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ScottChab, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That's a reporter speculating and you'r dumping on Ben like he said it. He might be looking for that and he might not either, it's well known he wants to stay in Pittsburgh, the guys made a ton of money, his wife also has money, I wouldn't be surprised if he compromises and works out a contract good for both sides.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Right. It's an opinion piece. Nothing that quotes Ben or Ben's agent about extension financial expectations. I agree about a contract that works for both sides.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This is your proof? You spouted off all that stuff like Ben said it himself and you post some writers opinion ? Even he didn't say Ben said any of that. Give me a break. Next time you post something don't try and pass off your opinion as facts.

4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    His wife is a western PA girl too so that works in the Steelers favor. If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, several reasons for Ben to stay put and he already got his big pay day, I don't think he will be looking to put the Steelers over a barrel.

6. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I might be wrong, but I just don't think Ben will be out to "break the bank". Keep in mind that Ike, Troy, and Heath will all either be taking paycuts (likely in 50%+ range) to stay or else may be gone.

Stranger things have happened, but Ben would look mighty greedy if he demanded big money after those other guys are forced to take cuts. So I think he will ask for "Brady-Like money".

7. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm better now but a loss this weekend and they may have to change my meds BFT! ;)

8. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    hell,
    the man has been counting his monies from cashing in on all the ***SUCKS*** threads

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah and now you owe him! LOL.

10. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    Pay the man!!!

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    hey 58 welcome back. I too have been wondering where ya been. are you sharing a ward with snack? he's been kinda MIA this season too. maybe it's all the law suits coming up with the suck threads? dewey cheatem and howe will be busy. LOL:lolol::cool:

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I think they should pay him what the other top QBs are averaging, 20 million a year, his body of work over the last 10 years is better than any of the other active QBs, none of them has led their team to 3 superbowls excluding Brady: Ben gives us the best chance to get to another SB over the next 5 years, the salary cap can be adjusted to fit his contract, who can replace him, a drafted rookie cant , there is no free agency QB on the market with his pedigree, so give Ben his 5 year 100 million deal and move on, he gave them a discount on his last 8 year contract, so pay him and get this thing out of the way....

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    One minute you are saying Ben is being selfish and won't take a pay cut and the next you are saying he should be paid his 20 million. Which is it man! :lolol:

14. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    I knew that would come up, but I thought out how much he brings to this team, and the disruption that replacing him would cause this team, I have concluded resigning him is the best option, like politicians i'm evolving......

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Do politicians evolve? You're way more evolved but be careful, you may be labeled a flip flopper by some <cough>blountforcetrauma<cough>

16. Diamond

May 26, 2012

If all you want to do is play juvenile games with me, don't waste your time, I can still call him selfish if that makes you feel better sonny ....

17. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    let's play doctor
    take a chillpill

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    why do anything? 2016 we could franchise him if we wanted. still gives him a big payday.:cool:

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Flip Flopper! Lol.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, you took that totally the wrong way, no offense was meant.

21. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    :lolol: I was thinking, man, if he takes offense to that he should see some of the stuff BF has said to me, lol.

22. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    you deserve that!!!!

( stepping back out of the room:rolleyes:)

23. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    No argument here, lol.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    lol, yeah but that's the first time someone got offended when I was trying to hand a compliment! :lolol:

I did put politicians down though, maybe he's a senator, maybe I complimented him and put him down in the same sentence :hmmm:

:lolsign:

25. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    LMAO!!!
    I love this board... more laughs here, than a comedy central roast!
    I was tryin to find the posts about "you`ll tell your kids about watchin Ben play"... But I only found the first one...
    Not the rply, where it was said tha "It`s like watchin Bradshaw play"...
    Soooo True!!!! Same kinda gunslinging, gambling taking, strong armed qb`s who extend plays, and win games by taking chances, kinda qb`s!!!
    Not really the point the original poster was making, but it`s true, nonetheless...
    We hate `em one minute, and love `em the next, when they are pullin our ass outta the fire, and winning superbowls, but then we criticize them to death, when they make mistakes from time to time...
    Yeah, Ben and Bradshaw are VERY similar... Tough competitors, that damn near never come out of a game, and do whatever it takes to win games.
    But give you heart attacks, with the chances they take, to get the job done...
    Gotta love `em both! And the success they have brought our franchise!
    No wonder Steeler fans seem to contradict themselves with every other statement they make...
    Hell yes! He`s the greatest!!! Hell No! He shouldn`t take so many chances/ hold onto the ball so long!!!
    It`s what we do...And We`ve picked up 6 Lombardi`s along the way!
    HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!:herewego!: HERE WE GO!!!