1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben to critics...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ScottChab, Nov 17, 2013.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah it does annoy me that people seem to just think we can replace a guy like him at the drop of a hat. Ben is a special player and I'll guarantee you there will be a lot of people that will miss him when he's gone. I like to ask all of the old Steeler fans what it was like to watch Bradshaw and I can see my son someday asking me what it was like to watch Ben. I think that tells the tale of a player.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No more if they cut Haley loose than as OC. He is a genius when it comes to running the football (Rooneys will like) uses TE and vertical passing attack (Ben likes) and can turn average Ol men into probowlers. Seems like a good hire.

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    OH! I thought you meant as HC. I could see him as an OC.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Well BF you can look at any play he didn't like or didn't agree with. Some of those digused run plays just sucked. Was that all Ben? No looked like confusion by multiple players.The final possesien of the first half again you could tell coacjing staff wanted conservative and he wanted attack. In this case I agree with Ben. They Lions punched them in the mouth they should have hit back. If ever there was a time to go rogue that was it. If not then show the same level of commitment to the play that you do when you like the call.

Now not to nitpick like Bobby is suggesting but lets talk about missing Paulson or better yet if Ben is calling plays like many are saying can we get a pitch out on the goaline when the defense is selling out against the run inside. How about the third down conversation percentage after the first quarter?

Again great win don't wsnt to be negative just a little more down to earth

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben did miss Paulson and it infuriated me because red zone scores come at a premium for this team. However he threw a great fade to AB that he dropped and he hit Heath where only he could catch it as well. I'm starting to wonder if whether Bell is gonna be the receiver we thought he was gonna be because he has dropped some balls too. Stafford made some errant throws that would've absolutely been td's so it's just the way it is as a qb.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This sounds more like a beef with the plays called (either by Ben or Haley) then with Bens actual play. His worst throw was the one high to Paulson. There was not "plenty of suck", sorry, not even close.

7. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    You are watching a one of a kind player now, in color, real time, without the silly narration (LOL). Enjoy the ride now, so you can tell your "I saw him play" stories in HD.

I'm enjoying the Big W!!!

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    you think ben gets crap? great job O-line. suck it!!:applaud::cool:

9. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Didn't Ben restructure not long ago? That means he got a lot of money and is still going to make 12 million next year right?

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Bens wants 20 million a year, he wants to be paid like Rodgers Brees and Flacco who get 20mill, to do that we would have to rob peter to pay ben, ben forgets there is 21 other starter positions besides his: his restructures was just paying him future money owed to him upfront so they could prorate it out, our cap is still a mess but Ben isn't willing to take a cheaper contract so we can have the money to upgrade our talent, he is just being selfish, more interested in his money, than winning in my opinion.....

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Got a link that backs all of this up? I'd love to read it.

12. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Once again folks, Brady will only average $14.1mil/yr with his latest contract, and we all know that Ben said that Brady is better due to having more rings. :thumbsup:

13. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Thank you Rodney King, good advice. Picking on ya Jack But I do agree with you
    I forget who ask if that was my wife in Georgia with Ben but No it wasn't
    As a matter of fact My wife and I were in Myrtle Beach, Barefoot landing and she was in a natural healing joint. She did not know I was in Bullies and watching the Steeler Bills game. She figured we were losing and I was in there cussing and I don't know what all but. She bought me a stone Named "Obsidian" It is used to control anger. I wasn't holding it yesterday Ha-ha

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    According to who? They haven't even remotely begun negotiating.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm still waiting for some proof to back up his claims.

16. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    barefoot landing?? been there

I prefer
    mother fletcher's

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The Boathouse in Myetle Beach is a Steelers bar.

18. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    sweet, good to know
    the boathouse in NorVA is along the same lines of what mother fletcher's was back in the day
    just lioke Hammerjack's was in Baltimore

19. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Bullies (On Barefoot Landing) is an NFL Sunday ticket too Dave. I watched the Bills game there

20. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Since we're on Good placed in Myrtle Beach guys. DO NOT pass up a chance at a Rib Eye at Angelo's Steak and Pasta 2311 south Kings Hyw, The south side of Myrtle beach numbered streets. They go from like 79th street down to 1 and then back up to 23
    http://angelosteakandpasta.com/
    I wanted a smaller steak so My wife and I split a 14 oz Rib Eye. We each got a 7 oz Rib Eye and half baked potato and hale order of green beans. It cost me $41.10 and it was outstanding
    Ask for your waiter to be a guy named Whip. He was very helpful I gave him a really good tip because he was so good.

21. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I stayed across the street from Barefoot Landing this summer. North Beach Plantation. I could have walked there, but with a total of 7 kids it was just easier to make the 1/2 mile drive. Also having 7 kids we were more interested in kid accommodating rather than having a good meal, therefore we were relegated to places like Carlos N Charlie's at Broadway and corner joints downtown.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I believe they have restructured him TWICE. So he has pocketed A LOT of MONEY from the Steelers.People think when players restructure that they are
    taking a pay cut, FAR FROM THE TRUTH.

23. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hi friends. The biggest problem with Ben theses last three years is consistency. Against the Lions, aside from the 2nd. quarter, he had one of the best games of his career. It was fun to watch the old Ben again. I want to see if he can play the same against the Clowns and go into Cleveland and beat the snot out of them. The Clowns have a very good defense. Its all about consistency!

24. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't know about you, Coastal, but the last thing you want to put in my hands when I'm angry is a rock! I have been know to hurl a thing or two at the television if the Steelers are playing badly. :smiley1:

25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Big Ben expecting to join 20 million$ QB club:

While trading Roethlisberger is not in the plans just yet, getting him a new contract is a central issue facing the Steelers this offseason. Jason Cole November 14, 2013, 10:25 AM EST

While talk of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger being traded or even requesting a trade is a bit premature at this point, a looming issue for him and the Pittsburgh Steelers is a contract extension that is likely to be discussed this offseason.

A contract the 31-year-old Roethlisberger would expect to be north of $20 million per season, putting him in line with fellow quarterbacks Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. Roethlisberger is signed through the 2015 season as part of an eight-year, $102 million deal he agreed to in 2008. While that would seem to work against Roethlisberger’s leverage, there is precedent for him to receive a deal in the range of what he would likely want.