1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben to critics...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ScottChab, Nov 17, 2013.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I took it as sarcasm too but BF doesn't have a sarcasm meter. Dude's all business. ;)

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

I'm not so sure you guys, Myron never agrees with me! If he is, we're going to the SB for sure :lolol:

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    That would be very surprising to me. :lolol:

4. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Dolphins, two with the Browns, Ravens, Packers possibly without Discount Doubledouche, and the Bengals. Not exactly murderers row.

5. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Nah aint happening my friend.....Dont see us going to the bowl this year!!!!

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    When Ben hit Cotch for that td on that really well designed play that was able to be executed because the line actually blocked I just jumped up and said "TRADE HIM!" because that's what I was wanting to say to all the detractors that seem to think we can just go to the magic franchise qb tree in Mr. Rooney's yard and pick off the next franchise qb. Trading Ben or WANTING to trade Ben would be one of the most idiotic and monumentally stupid things to ever be done in the history of the cosmos. Ben IS the best thing this team has going for it. Yes Ben has made some bad throws. He has had some turnovers. Has Brady? Has Brees? Has Manning? Has Rodgers? Did Bradshaw? Did Staubach? Did Aikman? Did Montana? TRADE THEM ALL! HEY SCOTT! CHANGE YOUR SIG TO "TRADE HIM! TRADE EVERYONE!" LOL!!!

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Hey Numbah! What's up? I was thinking about you the other day. Don't be so scarce around here. I was afraid you committed yourself because you couldn't cope with this season. LOL.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    There will be lawyers. Oh yes, there will be lawyers. :lolol:

9. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    This I dont get!!!! Please explain 58......

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Seriously BFT you were waiting for one well designed play to vindicate some seriously lousy play at QB this year mixed in with some good play, some average play, some great play with a sprinkle of WTF was that play. It slays me it really does. I peeked into the gameday thread after the second touchdown and guys were high fiving and throwing out posts about where are the "wanna trade dillweeds now?" Guys coming out the woodwork singing Ben's praises and wanting to grab pitchforks and torches for those that looked at the mess the teams cap situation is and said Ben may have to take less just to be able to compete next year. My response to that is where were these guys when Ben is throwing three picks or fumbles away the ball to end the game, Now not everything is on Ben for those losses but funny how it is forgotten as soon as he has a good to great game.

I want to know what everyone thought of that lackluster effort at the end of the half by Ben? My wife who has limited football knowledge looks at me ans says man did he make that play suck and she is right he did. You can see when he hates the playcall, those screens were so poorly thrown I thought he had a seizure back there, maybe he did too with the playcall but my god try to make it work instead of going what a screen again, why not a draw Todd?

Now I am not knocking Ben here but lets keep the win in perspective, it was a good to almost great performance by Ben but also contained plenty of suck, so lets not crown him league MVP yet or say that one well designed and executed play silences all talk of the future. If they were 5-6 and the win moved them to .500 then I would be saying yeah lets explore other options. I am not picking on you BFT just that this "in your face" "suck it" stuff is getting a bit out of hand. Great win lets enjoy it and save the fighting till Tuesday.

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I was not trying to be "in your face". I was trying to illustrate that everything INCLUDING Ben looks better when we execute on all levels. Ben had an awesome game. We saw "vintage" Ben today on some plays and yes I'm Ben's biggest supporter maybe on the whole board and I DO think that Ben was probably motivated by his detractors in the media and wanted to come out and play a good game today. It was a team win but Ben led the way on offense and there's no doubt about it and I've NEVER been on here saying we should trade him. As a matter of fact I started a club last week called the "Trading Ben would be the dumbest thing ever" club. BobbyBiz is a member. All are welcome to join and I'm expecting our enrollment to increase after today.

12. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    You should just be honest and admit you hate the guy, Thorn. :lolol:

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Wait. Me or Ben? LOL! Just kidding. I think Thorn is one of the best members on here. I always enjoy his input. I actually didn't know that Thorn was on the trade wagon. I was more thinking about the stupid media people that make mountains out of non existent molehills.

14. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    lol I dont hate him but i am upset with him over last season. I just think the suck it stuff is over the top but maybe deserved by some. it is like the guys waiting for a good defensive game to go hey DL should retire crowd how do you like him now? or Redman cut and Dwyer resigned yeah told you so. we could do those all day long.

15. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Thorn. I was just breaking his balls a little.

16. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, insert running hot-topic and you'll find the 'where are the so and so's now??' at some point or another. :facepalm::lolol:

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    No I was saying were you saying Thorn hates me or Ben. LOL. All of our wires are crossed! I suppose winning in a demanding fashion might put us in a state of shock and awe which then leads to misunderstandings. LOL.

18. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    If you're upset with that stuff you should see Scott because he started this. I'm just piling on. LOL.

19. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Not on the trade wagon I'm on the lets address the ? which i think the Jones pick started too and the lack of solid system which Haley kinda did.
    let me throw a name out here cause i read he was on the hotseat. Kubiak?

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Plenty of suck, really? Do tell? And the people in Bens camp have had to endure a lot of bs about him, I say they haven't gloated enough today.

Give Ben this kind of time like the line did today and you will see a lot more games by Ben like this. Getting rid of him now is one of the most idiotic things I have ever read on a message board, so yeah, you're going to get a little bit of in your face posts, too bad.

21. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    This is what drives me nuts about the anti-Ben crowd.

The man isn't entitled to a bad throw, or a rough spot in a game, or a bad series, or a rough quarter. They hang on every possession and every snap just looking for a reason to be right and a chance to say "A-HA, look at that! I told you he's not that good." It's insanity. It's crazy. And its unrealistic. If you scrutinized any QB in the NFL the way Ben is scrutinized, I think you'd find that no one is really that good. Even Manning. Even Brady. Not every QB is his best every game, every series, every snap. Yet these guys expect Ben to be and when he isn't...well it adds fuel to their fire. And the really aggravating thing is that these are Steelers fans. Back in the mid 00's on the garbage ESPN message boards, you'd have the same type of scrutiny from Bengals fans when they were so eager to prove that Carson Palmer was better than Ben. They were crazy and now that same mentality has made its way home to Steelers fans themselves.

If you are going to analyze a QB, you have to look at the whole body of work. And Im not talking about a game or a couple of games, or even a season. Im talking about a career. Ben is an established QB and has proven himself over many years to be very good. Sure some seasons are better than others. Sure some games are better than others. And sure sometimes there are a series or two (or three) where he (or any QB) may struggle. But without a doubt, Ben is one of the 10 best in the league with some people placing him in the top 5. I think if you polled most NFL analysts and pundits, you'd find he's somewhere between 5 and 10. Of course as a whole he's no Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Drew Brees, but the guy is damn good and certainly one of the best in the league. And to argue any different is insanity.

22. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I would say absolutely not to Kubiak. The only coach out there that I would take besides Bill (who as Nelson would say my 'love and affection') for him is well documented is Mike McCarthy. He's a proven winner. Just out of curiosity are you wanting Tomlin gone? I'm not there yet but I also have some issues with him as well. It's more from and Xs and Os type angle and also development of talent.

23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Hey Bobby check my post above. I gave you a shoutout. Also what you said is dead on. It's funny that we shouldn't call out some things that are good to support our case but others can call out things to support their case. I know that Thorn wasn't necessarily trying to do that but some do. Ben looked good today. Haley looked "pretty" good today. The line looked good. AB looked good and when all those things come together EVERYBODY looks good. That's what I was trying to say. Does Ben need to do EVERYTHING by himself to get his detractors to finally show him some respect? I mean come on man.

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    This is another question I have. IF Ben is all washed up and beat up and banged up and whatever up then why do people think teams would be lining up to get him and mortgaging the farm to obtain him??? Isn't that a Freudian Slip that they actually think he's a pretty good qb? I'll put it this way. If Ben hit the trade market at breakfast he would have a contract by lunch. Mark it down.

25. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    :hello:Ha ha. Just saw that.

As far as doing everything by himself, funny you should say that...that reminds me of what I used to say to those Bengal fans...that they wouldn't give him credit until he played every position on offense. Not until he snapped the ball to himself, blocked for himself, threw the ball to himself and caught the ball (every time). And even them someone would say it was because of the defense, so he'd have to play every position there too. Im being serious when I say the anti Ben crowd sound EXACTLY like Bengals fans from 2006-2008. Its like deja-vu.