1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

After watching the game tape....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wreck, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    “I had concerns about quality effort and things of that nature after a performance like that,” said Tomlin. “After combing through the tape, there were no blatant breaches of that. I really think, kind of more than anything, that we were beaten. And it happens from time to time, as humbling as it may seem. I think we can grow from this and move forward.”

From time to time? You've lost what? 50 of your last 53 games?

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He means beaten like they were on Sunday.

3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Tomlin is clueless!!!!!

4. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    Getting 55 hung on you with a side dish of 600+ yards does not happen from "time to time". As a matter of fact it has NEVER happened in Steel town, EVER.

5. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
  6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    tomlin is setting the new standard in pittsburgh
    :facepalm: stop him before is too late

7. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Look I am no Tomlin apologist, but really the score of the game makes it too easy to say guys aren't putting forth effort. The Patriots largely blew out the Steelers because that is what Brady and the Patriots do...once they get their foot on your neck, they don't let you up. Also considering the year Brady has been having so far, he wasn't going to miss out on his chance to party against a defense he was picking apart. Also in some ways, as bad as the score was, it is even worse for a team to simply run the ball down your throat without as many scores.

8. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    :applaud:

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It was a few seasons ago there was all that controversy about the Pats running up the score on opponents.

10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    New England and Brady have our number, period. Anyone remember the 2004-2005 AFC Championship Game? They may not have dropped 55 on us, but sitting in those stands in sub-zero temps with a score 24-3 at halftime, it sure felt like the Steelers didn't belong and that they didn't put forth any effort.

Yes this team is different and struggling now, no doubt about that, but at least each game this season has been competitive (painstakingly so, especially in game we are used to winning). As hard as it is to admit..... let's face it, Brady has got our number.

11. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i would agree with that statement for most seasons with the Pats, but not this year. they have pretty much squeaked out all their wins this year and their offense hasnt looked very good. Brady might be having his worse statistical season of his pro career.

their only real dominating win came against the Bucs who have an even worse record than the Steelers. Brady even had fewer yards passing in that game than Freeman did.

lately the Steelers have a way of making even average qbs look like HOF's. it just so happened that they were facing a HOF qb and he lit them up in a way we have never seen before.

12. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i would disagree that they have been competitive this year. the only loses they have where i would say it was competitive where the loses to the Viks and Oakland and the Oakland game in final score only.

they were never really a threat in the Titans and Bengals games. they had a small glimmer of hope against the Bears until they blew them out by 17. they teased us against the Pats then lost by 24.

they have been out scored by 52 points this season. this is not a competitive team at this point.

13. Steel_in_DC

Jan 27, 2012
    I agree the Patriots haven't been the same machine as they have in the past, but the point is once the Patriots do get in the swing of things, then look out, because they do not let their foot off the pedal. I also think the Patriots may very well be a team that is starting to find their mojo.

14. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You think they'd mind helping us find ours???

15. Steel_in_DC

Jan 27, 2012
    Jack - I hate to say this, but I think the mojo left this team mid-way through the last season the Steelers made the playoffs over two years ago and it hasn't been found since. They're struggling worse than Austin Powers to find it again.

16. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Had this team faced the Pats in the playoffs in either super bowl yr, no chance the Steelers would have gotten #'s 5 and 6. We all know this. LeBeau's defense struggles mightily against elite QB's (all of them) WITH talent. Now you see what it looks like for the exact same D without talent. Blowout central.

17. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I do not like the Pats but I will give them this. They have had problems this year with injuries and there top receiver leaving but they overcome those things and yes when they get ahead and have the momentum going there way they will kill you. We do not do that. If we get the lead to just try and protect it and hope the game ends soon. We need to get more of the killer instinct in us. We have something going on internally in the organization and team and the fans need to know what that is. Ever since Tomlin and Haley arrived we have been going down hill except for his SB win which was not a team he put together. He always has a blank stare on his face. He was going against one of the best coaches in the NFL and he was humiliated. A disgrace to the Steeler organization and to the fan base.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    51-0 to the Browns in 89', at least we scored 31 points Sunday.

19. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Yeah but that was opening day and Bubby and Dwight "hands of" Stone hadn't quite hit their groove yet. LMAO :roflmao:

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    my poor buddy stoney , still getting beat up around here.:facepalm::cool:

21. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Yeah but, lest we forget Bubby, Stoney, and company did end up going 9-7 and 2 games deep into the playoffs in 89 ... ya think that's gunna happen this year?? :lolol:

22. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I'm not sure about 2005. The Steelers lost to them early in the season, when Vinatieri kicked the game-winner. But the Pats were NOT a great team that season; they got manhandled by Denver (and Jake Plummer) in the divisional round, a Denver team the Steelers manhandled themselves a week later.

23. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I know, in the grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal....but it drives me absolutely CRAZY!

24. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I remember that the Steelers were starting a rookie QB

I remember that it wasn't Brady who beat the Steelers, it was his o-line, as usual.

And I remember that the Steelers did put forth one heck of valiant effort in that second half to try to win it. With the score 31-17, a big run by Bettis put the Steelers in the red zone, with a chance to cut the lead to 7. Instead, Burress dropped a TD pass and the Steelers had to settle for 3.

25. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep. Funnily enough, it's always that play - the dropped pass - that I think of whenever anyone wants to see Burress back here. I think it's kind of poisoned my mind against him. I also remember that we could have gone for it on 4th down, but Cowher went straight for the field goal, which at the time was very representative of the Cowher approach. I disagreed with the call, though who knows if we would have converted, or if that would have made a difference. It was a momentum killer, though.