1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Some interesting waiver guys this week...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelByDesign, Nov 5, 2013.

1. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Two names will be on waivers that piqued my interest, although, I'm not sure either is a great move quite honestly.

Dan Connor, LB
    He was hurt but asked the Giants to waive him because he's healthy enough to play. Vince Williams is down and we're very thin at ILB right now. Williams I believe had a concussion so it's probably a 1 week injury at worst, but Connor's a local guy and has some years left at 28 years old. He could be an answer at the spot for a few years, unless the FO thinks Vince Williams has played well enough to start there next season.

Nnamdi Asomugha, CB
    This is a guy everyone wanted 3 years ago, and just can't catch on elsewhere. Personally, I'd love him as our #2 next season, but he is already 32 years old. If he could move to free safety ala Rod Woodson though, he might be a great signing. I don't think there's any way Ryan Clark is on this team next season.

2. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Asomugha can't play safety, he can't play zone either, that is why nobody wants him, he is a shut down CB but is very one dimensional and everyone saw what he did in Philly, he couldn't pick up receivers that were handed off and with DL as the coordinator then he isn't a fit here, his tackling skills leave a lot to be desired too, not what we need and I would have loved to see him here but watching him in Philly made me think otherwise.

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I dunno... seem to remember he had some bad heart problems on Roseanne.

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He's actually dead.

5. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I posted this in another thread. To me it looked as if when Williams went down the defense was totally lost. Guys were lined up out of position and there seemed to be some confusion. I think Williams is our future just because of his brain.

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I hve a question if the dolphins were to cut incognito would you want him.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Absolutely not. That guy is a cancer and a head case. He's never been on a team where he's been able to keep his crazy in check going back even to college. He has been kicked from multiple teams. The irony of all this stuff is that Martin was the one that checked himself in for mental issues but I think it really should have been Incognito.

8. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Dan Conner would be a great pick up.

9. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    The reason why we, and most teams, win SB is we had great team unity and leaders. Picking up other team's scraps will not create that again. I say we clean off the fat, build a team with leaders, not combine stats and try to build the next generation team.

Unfortunately, this will take a while, but I'm willing to wait it out. Ben, thank you for your toughness and 2 SB rings, but you'll be 33 when your contract runs out...time to find him a new home.

10. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    No on both and here's why:

Moving Nmandi (?) to safety, I'd rather move Gay to Safety. Clark will be gone next year.

Dan Conner- No because I want to keep what money we have left rolled over to next year. This year is lost so let's see what Kion Wilson & Terrance Garvin and even Spence if he's activated can do so we'll know what we truly have next year.

Cajun-

11. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think we should move Gay to Sanfransisco...

12. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  13. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think not only is he suspended in Miami but ol Rodger (I'll take all your money for our concussion lawsuit) will be the next one to pull the rug.
    This guy is a talent but he's crazy big time :goofy:

14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I've been thinking they should do this for years...

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Definitely not,but what's going on in Miami might finally explain why Decastro took out Pouncey. Lol.

16. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    No.

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm the only person that got this because I was also thinking it! LOL!!!

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Nnamdi is one of the most overrated players he did nothing after getting all that money from the Eagles he couldn't cover or tackle.

19. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Asomugha has been done for 2 years... we are trying to get younger not older...as you said neither are great moves... i think this team needs a lot more than some scrubs off the waiver wire...

HINES

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd say he's been done longer than that.

21. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Connor, Asomugha, Incognito, Jonathon Martin.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes.

Connor and Asomugha would both be purely one year deals (after they clear waivers)...and half a year at that....We need a top ILB to put besides Timmons...Is it Connor...maybe not...but I already know its not Kion, and Sly..and I don't think its Williams.

Asomugha is about done...but I would take him over Gay any day of the week...even with one leg.

Incognito might be nuts....but he is also nasty on the field...and we need that

Martin...physical upside...mental downside

Incognito and Martin are light years above Whimper and Wallace IMO even with their mental issues.

HACK

22. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    In(sane)nito is suspended indefinitely from the NFL right? So even IF the fins let him go it will be up to the emperor to let him come back right? Also did you know that it was MIKE Pouncey that he was calling a n-----? I didn't know that til today but I can't understand what he's saying and I wish they would give some context to what was going on in that video. I still wouldn't take him based on his off the field reputation though. I do agree we need some nastiness and actually even Ben has been telling the line that they need to get nasty.

23. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    The one to Pouncey seemed more friendly he said something to the point of pounceys in the house nigga. The a and the er make a world of difference when used in conversation. Him and Pouncey could be on that level

24. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

Are you saying what I suspect, that Timmons is not very bright? :hmmm:

25. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Is probably why we should just go to a 4-3 to make things simple...Line stunt and cross up front if no TE or RB release in your area,,,If on a side of trips and your the OLB you have the slant route...

Then you can play man or zone or man/zone behind it...Simplify thie crap and let the boyz play ball...