1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

don't mock me

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Nov 2, 2013.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    LOL, well for what it's worth, and it's early,early. version 1.0.

1. Cameron erving OT fla.st.
    2. kyle fuller CB V.T.
    3. donte moncrief WR miss.
    4. marcel Jensen TE fres.st.
    5. max bullough ILB mich.st.
    6. carlos hyde RB osu
    7. Daniel Sorensen SS byu

version 2.0

1. kyle van noy OLB byu
    2. james hurst OT NC
    3. antone exum CB/FS VT
    4. marcel Jensen TE fres.st.
    5. max bullough ILB mich.st.
    6. carlos hyde RB osu
    7. corey brown WR osu
    7b. Daniel Sorensen SS byu

:cool:

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i like more the number two . but i could live with both

3. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I like them both Mac. I'd be EXTREMELY pumped if we wound up with 'Los Hyde! I do think we take a NT this year tho, maybe even one in the first three rounds... outside of that I think you did a nice job.

4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    there are not a lot of them to choose from that are really worthy of a draft pick this year. at least that I've seen.:cool:

5. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Curious why you think Hyde drops so far? I'm not really in draft mode yet, but from what I've seen he looks like a stud.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I've came to the conclusion that we need a nose tackle above all things on defense. The reason I have came to that conclusion is the fact that we are giving up over 5yds per carry on 1st down and we are ranked 31 against the run the last I heard.

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    he's ranked that low on most draft sites and until lately he's been under the radar some in columbus. not to mention there are a lot of good RB's out there in the draft and they're importance in the league as it moves farther toward's a passing league.

I don't think he will remain in that position nor will a lot of guys between now and then. max bullough, i'd take before the 5th. he's a stud thumper. hyde, as a buckeye fan, along with corey brown on my 2nd mock, I think will be worth a much higher rating.

could you imagine bell/hyde as our RB's? he would be an absolute steal of the draft if he lasts until the 6th.:cool:

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Do you think they screwed up getting rid of Ta'amu? He's starting for Arizona but admittedly I don't know how he is doing or even why he is starting, is it due to injury, everyone else completely sucked or because he earned it? I like McLendon but he doesn't seem to be the run stopper Big Snack was.

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I doubt they really screwed up because I think he was more of a project anyway. I just hope we can get someone that can basically cover one gap with their left leg and the other with the rest of their body. LOL. I don't know if you ever seen Casey in person but man he is absolutely mammoth. When I first took my buddy to a Steeler game with me I showed him Casey and I was like "LOOK AT HIM!" He is huge.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well they don't call him Big Snack for nothing :lolol:

Thing about Ta'amu that bothers me, besides thinking he will be good, is it's another wasted draft pick, happening too much and part of the problem we are seeing now IMO. These picks are too valuable to just throw away. Was Fangupo really that much better then him? Plus he is already 28, I think I would have stuck it out longer with my draft pick.

11. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Agree wholeheartedly with this. I think Mu will be fierce given time, and will only increase in strength and girth. I liked the pick and thought we gave up on him. Don't like the way our back roster was handled the past few years. They say it's for special teams, but the league is trying to eradicate that aspect of the game, so the emphasis on STers should be diminished, IMO. I really don't think we should keep anyone on the roster solely for their ST prowess, we need to build a roster of talented contributers on O and D.

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we need a lot of people brought in. we need speed added to the defense, that is for sure. the mess with the TE's this year has thrown a clinker into a couple of positions and I think NT was one of them. the woods experiment. what to do with ziggy, which by the way has been seeing some NT time as has heyward. i'm not sure this defense has a direction this year. troy as a LB. safeties as corners. just moving guys to counter weaknesses at other spots. i'm not sure it's worked very well so far.:cool:

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I think they felt more comfortable in taking project players because they weren't expecting the plummet in production from the old reliables and maybe they thought Worilds was a little farther along ya know? So maybe they felt like they had a solid up and comer and then also the thing with Spence really hurt us from a draft perspective too. I think when your team starts losing depth your drafting choices really have to be hits across the board and especially when you are as cap strapped as we are. If Worilds and Spence had worked out then maybe we wouldn't have to put so much pressure on Jarvis. But is the Landry pick really looking like a mistake now? I think the only way to say would be to look back at the board and see who was on there at the time that could have helped us right now.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    draft carr from fresno st. this year and move on. landry and him can fight it out for a couple of years. << this should send the board into an uproar.:smiley1::cool:

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    :threaten::darkness::rant::club::banned::mad::butcher::noose:

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    :twisted::evil::emperor::frustrated:

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    wow your good at uproar. LOL:lolol::cool:

18. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I thought you'd like that. LOL.

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    with the kids and new baby and you and your wife trying to get ready, it's probably like your house in the morning. all you guys with those new kids. HA HA. it doesn't stop when they are older either man, I used to have hair. no really. I have pictures. LOL:lolol:

oh and it wasn't this color either.:facepalm:

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude that's so funny that you mention that about the pics. One of my best friends from high school found some pics from when we were in high school and on our Senior Trip to Daytona in 2000 and there was like 30 of us. Well I am in a lot of them and dude I was SOOOO much skinnier then and had SOOOO much more hair and that was only 13 years ago!!! I just stared at the pic of all of us on the beach in disbelief. It's amazing how much a person can change in what you really might not think of as a "long" time ya know? Most of us all have kids now and are married and some in the pic are already divorced and one of my best friends in it got killed in a car wreck about a year later. I bet you feel the same when you see your pics too huh? I think it will be weird to someday look at my annual and be able to point how many are already dead.

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    versoin 3.0 this will require at least a trade down in the first.

1. david yankey OG/OT Stanford
    2a. kyle van noy OLB/ILB BYU
    2b. james hurst OT NC
    3. c.j. fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    4. deion belue CB Alabama
    5. max bullough ILB Michigan St.
    6. antone exum CB/S VT
    7. ted bolser TE Indiana

22. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Lawrence Timmons and Ryan Shazier manning the middle of our defence. :bowdown:

23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    would be nice. there are a few I like bullough, cj mosely, van noy, shazier. all of them could play inside or out. heck I think Jarvis jones could play inside next to Timmons too.

yankey would look good inside next to velasco or at either tackle spot. he is a stud O-lineman. two Stanford studs at guard. hurst, boothe, velasco, decastro, yankey. beachum, embernate, long, hubbard, wallace as the backups. I'm all about us going after boothe. I wanted them to do it last year. the giants got him for under 1.5 mil. he's started at LG and C for them this year. I'd love a line looking like the above. i'll bet ben and bell would too.

miller and fiedorowicz at TE and bolser as the backup. we wouldn't worry about that spot or backup for the next 10 years.:cool:

24. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    And what about Mr Pouncey? :hmmm:

I think I am against taking an OT/OG in Round 1. If I'm going OT, I'm taking an actual OT. Even though that was my preferred way to go, I'm more leaning now towards LB or WR. I'd like a CB, but I just don't know if I see the value in where we will be picking at this time. Many great LB and WR options should be available to us.

25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    yankey was an all-American at LT last year. he's also an all-American at LG and has played RT too for Stanford. brains too. he's a bigger, stronger, faster beachum. there is nothing to not love about this guy as an O-lineman.

we have to find money somewhere and I hate to part with pouncey. for the money saved for his last year coming off of major knee surgery and the year before both ankles having to have surgery, I save the 4.5 mil. and build a real line. i hate to mortgage the 1 year he has left, at the money he will save us and let a guy like velasco leave in hopes pouncey will stay and not bolt for Miami with his brother. there will have to be some cuts made that are not real popular, but may be for the betterment of the unit as a whole.:cool: