1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

question ?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by freakfontana, Oct 30, 2013.

1. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    that philosophy helped the colts a lot

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben plays unless he's injured Landry is a project he won't get playing time over Gradkowski anyway.

3. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012

Ok, I just don't recall him saying that and especially "many times".

The one thing he does do good to me is run away (LOL) so I'm not seeing it.

Ben changing the blocking scheme. Well, OK I guess. Should he have to?
    I think he knows how to change a play. he does audible.

He gives the man the ball to run and the O line blocks. What do you want him to do at that point?

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I want him to ask the other team to stop tackling. That's getting really annoying.

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Put the OL and the Runner in a position to do well...I hate Manning and Brady but when they check to a run it is usually a good one..Our HS QB knows when and how ,but Ben really isn't a Student of the game IMO...Not bashing that's just how I see it and the way I hear Ben tell it...

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm planning on going to a game in December. If I show up and they are sitting all the vets I'd be pissed. If I want to see all the scrubs ill pay less and go to a preseason game. If we have home field locked up for the playoffs I can understand, but just to do it to get some back ups some playing time is not going to happen.

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    When did the Colts sit healthy vets to tank the season for higher draft picks?

8. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Did you do TO tears with that "He's our Quarterback"?

9. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011

10. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah that's it. I want my favorite sports team to go into a 20 year drought. :facepalm: Because everyone knows not tanking the season means the next 20 years are doomed for failure.

Means nothing huh? Ask those vets that you want to give up and tank the season if they think of those games as nothing. I'm sure that's how they want to end the season. Give up, quit, call it a day and go into next season with our heads hung low. That's some Steelers pride right there!

No, I never want the Steelers to take on that loser mentality and purposely tank the rest of the season. And something tells me the vets on the team wouldn't want to do that either. I'm thinking they want the rest of the season, regardless if they are out of the playoffs or not, to try and turn things around before the seasons over. And I expect them to want to as well.

11. CANTON STEEL

Oct 17, 2011
    Well who's our saviour going to be then if we tank? Where's our Luck at? You mean there's a player out there that's basically a sure shot to be great and make an immediate impact on the team the way Luck was for the Colts? Nothing is a sure shot but Luck was probably as close as they come to one.

12. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i agree i was just saying that sometime tank was not a bad thing referring to pwp post , i didn't say we have to tank my point was to see young players more if we are out of the playoffs

13. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Freak, you problem is that you are trying to apply logic and reasoning. :smiley1:

14. CANTON STEEL

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah i get that freak. I just don't like the idea of giving up and tanking the rest of a season like pwp would want to do. Especially since there's no guarantee that a higher draft pick is going to do anything to help turn things around. I don't see our savior sitting there waiting for us to snatch him up. We need our current guys to play better and sitting them isn't going to help with that. I wouldn't mind seeing more young guys at times but to basically sit the vets so you can "save them" for next season while fielding a team full of rookies....no thanks.

Hell the browns have sucked for years and have had some of the highest drafts picks over the last 10+ seasons. They might FINALLY be turning things around there now but that's still highly debatable. They seem better this season since they won a few in a row but since Hoyer has been out they are back to their old ways. While i'd like a shot at a higher pick at times a higher pick doesn't guarantee your team improves.

15. CANTON STEEL

Oct 17, 2011
    So there's no logic or reasoning to trying to turn a poor season around before it's over? Playing some of your young talent isn't a problem but pwp and freak (if he's agreeing with pwp) are saying that we need to sit all of our vets and tank the rest of the season to get higher picks, which I don't agree with.

16. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I'm referering mostly to Freak's first post. At some point if and when we are eliminated, and if I owned the team, I would sit Ben a game, logic dictates that.

17. CANTON STEEL

Oct 17, 2011
    Oh ok, that's a bit different than where I thought you were going ;-)

18. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Of course the Vets should want to play,of course the Vets should want to turn it around,,,as a Coach I would be sending a message 2 fold...It's to damn late to turn it around this year,,,and part 2 of the message is thats why the young guys are playing to see if any are good enough to take your spot..

This should light a fire under them if they remain on the Team ,because surely some of the young guys will take some of the Vets spots....So if you want to be safe keep the other guy off the field....You do that by winning when it counts not after there is no chance to reach the playoffs..

So what you see as a loser mentality I see as a way to Stop playing with a loser mentality...

A higher draft pick is just a bonus,,,heck who knows the young guys may hit a winning streak which is fine by me...

19. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Reverse Psychology PWP?

But @ this level of the game?

These guys feed their families by doing this. They're Not in school anymore.

20. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They seem to ride the same emotional roller coaster that I see from the HS kids,, a lot of them seemed to have checked out already just like HS kids,a lot of them make plenty of menal errors just like HS kids....

So I call a Spade a Spade and they should be treated that way....I could care less that this is their career,they are playing like a Team that lacks,spirit,Heart, and basic fundementals...Pretty much like a JV Team IMO...

21. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think we need to even think about "tanking" the rest of the season. We're 2-6 playing our best players at the midway point..... We've already tanked the first half.

22. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :roflmao:

23. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well friend that's laughable. If being humiliated on national TV doesn't light a fire under them I'll guarantee you that sitting on the bench watching a bunch of rookies make even bigger fools out of the organization isn't gonna do it either. Last I checked forfeiting games is not an option in the NFL all be it this year I damn sure wish it was. Since it's not though I want every starter that's healthy out there on the field playing his guts out every second of every quarter. To a man I want them to experience every humiliating defeat close up and personal, on the turf not from the bench or the sidelines. In the end they'll be better off for it because they'll fight harder to never experience that feeling again. It's now gut check time and over the coming weeks we need to see who has the character and mental toughness to fight through the kind of adversity this team hasn't seen in years. That goes for veterans and rookies alike and intentionally tanking the season at the mid way point will not accomplish that.

24. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Everyone wants to sit the vets and let the rookies and other players play. I don't see anyone left to play that we need to see more of. Maybe Moye but Cothery lit it up yesterday. On defense you have three rookies playing already and look how that have turned out. Sharmarko, Williams and J. Jones look lost out there. Not to mentioned McClendon first year at NT and Gay starting at Corner. I haven't seen this many rookies and second year players on a Lebeau defense in forever.

On offense, the oline has the best they have out there now. Sanders could sit but he's better than Moye right now but I could see him getting in there since Sanders won't be here next year. I don't see anyone else we haven't tried. Maybe a few of those 10 TEs we have on the roster.

25. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly. Who are they saving, for what, why ?