1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Vs Titans Post Game Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Sep 8, 2013.

1. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Kind of reminds me of the 80's. God, how I miss the screaming!!!

Carry on...

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ryan Mundy just had about a 90yd int return. Just thought everyone would like to know.:)

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yep and we see no end in sight.

4. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    "We been kicking other peoples azzes for so long, I figured it's time we got ours kicked." Platoon 1986 That's exactly how I feel.. Steelers been kicking azz since 1992 and now...........

5. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Yeah we've roughed up the O'l dog for a spell... Just gotta remember how to do it again.

6. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    and will allen just gave up an ~80 Yd TD

7. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I'm not so sure. There were lean years under both Noll and Cowher. I don't remember, however, any of those teams STRUGGLING in the very areas where they drafted in the first and second round! This team has spent a lot of early round picks on both sides of the line and have nothing to show for it. Nothing. Is that because those guys simply didn't turn out to be very good? Or is it something else?

BTW...Rashard Mendenhall looked pretty good today for the Cardinals. He hit holes hard and even took in a tough dump off pass and managed to hang despite getting his bell rung.

No, the Rooneys may be stubborn, but they are also proud. And they can't feel too proud about the product Tomlin is putting on the field.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Will Johnson: Why didn't this guy get in the game more?
    Howling: Not NFL caliber. LB's were eating him up. They totally blew him up on a pass rush.
    Paulson: If this guy can't block why is he even on the team. Cut this guy.
    Gilbert and Adams: It's like Peezy says... "They're Soft"

People want to say how preseason doesn't matter, but you can tell the offensive line never really mastered the zone blocking scheme in pass protection after 4 games. There were still some bad gaffes. I'm not sure Pouncey going down would have changed the result? The line needs to get it together.

9. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  10. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well I think we failed to use the pre season correctly. The offense looked out of sink,the blocking scheme and the RB'S timing was way off,Ben looked real rusty on those short throws almost like he has never practiced them.

The play calling was way to vanillia for my liking.We never seemed to play with any attitude until the end of the game.

11. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Isnt Will Johnson hurt? Also, I saw Paulson at camp on the sleds...he was by far the worst of the TE's on the sled drill. By far. Tomlin was screaming at him. Apparently, it didnt help.

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    We really weren't playing with attitude. It's just that the Titans called off the dogs and it STILL took 4 downs to get in the end zone.

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I thought we'd get to see some real Offensive game-planing against the other teams weaknesses.

Guess it's still, we do what we do for them!

14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I said somthing very similar during the preseason. You cant just focus on the running game, if you do the passing game will be out of sync. it doesn't matter who your qb is the passing game isnt a light switch.

15. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    To all of those who think Ben can't run a conventional offense I would say to them we don't have a conventional or functional offensive line. To run a conventional offense like Haley has in place, you need to have timing and everyone has to do their part, did you see the horribly missed block on the bubble screen? How about the swing pass that was batted down because Gilbert once again lost contact with his guy. I remember the playoff game against the Colts, they were having a hard time blocking Joey Porter, so much so that the schemes were breaking down and the timing was off, and off so bad didn't even complete 50% of his passes in the first half, the same thing right now for us, Ben double pumps as he is trying to get someone open as the play broke down because someone didn't do their job. This thing called our oline can't operate as a unit, if it isn't Gilbert whiffing on a block then it is Adams, the RBs can't even make it back to the line of scrimmage, that is one game I can't watch over again in fat I wiped it off the DVR, it is what it is, if they look this bad next week well I say we play with a back up QB and rest Ben this year and play for draft picks.

16. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I, also, deleted it off of my DVR. You are right about the OL. They are in WAY over their heads with this scheme. I still think Ben is not his usual self ...I actually wonder if its more that he just HATES his OC and his game plan than it is that he is injured or getting older.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If this is what we can expect, blowing up our own guys knees, then I'd rather go back to power running. They obviously have a lot of work to do in perfecting this scheme, they were terrible at it.

18. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    As poorly as this line has played to date. I really think they just needs more reps. I say give them a year. If they still look terrible at the end of the year, than its time to make serious changes.

19. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    Sanders dropped too many catchable passes including the first one. Red has fumbleitis and lacks determination. The o-line is pathetic. The O in general has me worried that my choice recreation for Sunday's is misguided.

The D. Gay sucks.

20. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    OK, OK. The day after. Anyone care to remember that TV show?

Here's to everyone that said preseason does not count, does not matter. Yea, right. 0-4 and they could not score a TD, or at least the first team could not score. One has to ask that after 4 weeks of inactivity, what did folks expect? The starters rarely played over that span.

Now before anyone gets ideas that this is a decent football team, let me clear the air. I'd say we are looking at a top 5 pick next year, and we might be pushing for the overall no. 1. Yes, Martha, we are that bad. Yesterday only proved it for the umpteenth time, only those wear the Stevie Wonder Steeler shades have been blinded over the past couple of years.

I could go on and on, but the Steelers are playing and sounding like www(dot)brokenrecord.com. Let's see, for the past years, and I mean years, we have had a weak offensive line. When will it get better? Who knows, it just keeps remaining a problem with no end in sight. No running game. Again, Mendenhaul was supposed to be the answer. Nope. Now let's rotate 3-4 running backs and see if any will click. Yep, that is the ticket. Nope. Bell was drafted as the answer. Nope. Hurt. Ahh, where have we seen that before? BTW, he is NOT the answer. Remember, Lacy was supposed to have foot issues and was considered a risk when he was clearly the better choice, yet the Steelers in their infinite wisdom, picked Bell, who, has foot issues. He will be worthless due to the worthless offensive line.

Forget QB. Folks in here are so biased towards Ben, it does not good to even comment on his stupid plays and lack of mobility. I am not going to waste my breath on it to only say that #2 will soon be called upon.

WR's. Thank god we got rid of Wallace. He did burn it up yesterday with 1 catch for 15 yards, but really, our WR's are incredibly weak and pose no real threat. They don't scare anyone.

Defense? I would prefer that we go young. Foote has had it. What pictures does he have on Tomlin. He got blasted more that once yesterday and it has become an ongoing problem. Not to say that others on the D played any better. Troy was OK and at least he did not get hurt, but apart from that, the Tennessee line kept the Steelers at bay most of the game.

Coaching? Tomlin took a SB team and over the years has destroyed it. This guy is a literal dunce personified. But wait, a pithy saying or two and all the hacks on ESPN or over that the Gazette will wet their pants and all shout, "right on!" This guy cannot prepare a team. How many times do we lose to the dregs of the league and about all he has to say is that he takes the blame. O.K. take the blame, and in the words of the Donald, "you're Fired!" Seriously, anyone think that this guy should not be fired for driving this team into the ground is nuts.

We will be fortunate to win 4 games. Clearly, we are one of the worst teams in the league right behind Jacksonville and Oakland. Folks, it ain't gonna get any better either. All these cast offs are merely fingering the holes in the dike. Bad management, bad coaching, and a preponderance to keeping dead weight has driven a SB contender into the ground.

Thank god I have Sunday Ticket and can move around the dial a bit. I've already lived thru the bad teams of the 60's and 80's. I wouldn't even mind if they were 8-8 but there is no way no how this bunch of stooges gets to 8 wins. Easily last place in the division, unless they make some changes quickly and I am afraid no one wants to see Ben riding pine, but IMO that is one change that has to happen.

rutan

21. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Uh, in case you haven't noticed, we don't have a better alternative than Ben at the moment.

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    You must not be familiar with Rutan. Ben is bad, mk?

[​IMG]

23. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Will Allen also had an INT.

24. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This lil guy is funny to me for some reason.. LOL

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Please make that dribble a sticky, TTF, it will be the biggest plate of crow ever. :rolleyes: