1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Vs Titans Post Game Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Sep 8, 2013.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I don't and that's a very similar argument that I used to use against the Arians bashers. With that being siad I do know that under Haley Ben wasn't allowed to audible in 2012. Is that still the case? I don't know, but it's 50-50 so the odds are good that he can't. Additionally how many of those six inch pass plays have we seen since Haley took over? I'll save your fingers a little work, mountains.

If you go back and watch any Chiefs games he did the same crap there, passes to nowhere, draws on 3rd and long yada yada yada. Some people say he's had success everywhere he's been I say he's a career sub 500 coach.

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We've got a lot of high round draft picks that are doing absolutely nothing. That's on the coaching staff and especially Tomlin. Are we just missing on these players in the draft or are they not being coached up? I think the latter.

3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Tomlin:

"Our plan could have been better under the circumstances"

WOW!

4. robsong

robsong Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    So with what we saw in preseason and the first regular season game this shouldn't surprise anyone. Lets see what happens in the next three games and this will tell us all we need to know. :hmmm:

5. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    LOL. Sounds like the definition of insanity to me. This performance was against one of the worst D's in the league. What do you think the Bungles will do to us?

6. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    O line and what appears to be a lack of conditioning ..How many titan players left the game ?

7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben is a 'playground QB.' He's a very good one but he cannot consistently run a conventional offense.

8. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The team just "feels" deflated ya know? The only true fire I felt like I saw was when Jarvis drilled CJ. Wheaton needs to learn not to come out of the end zone in those situations as well. FAR too many 3rd and longs and let's be honest about this. Even IF Pouncey doesn't go down do we win this game?

9. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Where to start.....well....
    -Redman is a candidate to be in the next butterfinger candy bar commercial.
    -David DeCastro just idk what to even say about that...still speechless
    -O-line just ugly.
    -ST's was special as usual.... started ok but penalties still.
    -Refs missed some calls, and gave some that werent there.
    -I've never said a word until now, but Haley's play calling is just flat out questionable in all aspects of this game.

Theres so more that could be said......

10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Our mediocre RB's sucked more than usual and the OL hasn't improved for yet another season. Looks like another year of the defense being forced to keep us in games while the overrated and overpaid O sputters and stinks up the joint. Once again, we made a bad team look like a playoff team....

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We lost most of our playmakers from previous years. Wallace, Harrison, Mendy. Steelers better play mistake free football from here on out, they don't have the firepower to get back into games...

12. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    But Ben is looking old and slow. I noticed it in the preseason and that continued today.

13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Haley's offense seemed to cater to Heath Miller last year. If he is not even in the lineup I think Haley is lost???

14. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    By what we've seen from the latter half of last year, all pre-season, and today, they don't have the firepower to even take the field.

15. BurgherBoy7

Oct 16, 2011
    Also, I was and am in no way biased on either guy. But seems to me that we messed around with a good thing when BA was fired. Ben was happy, and our offense was alot better than it is now. Not saying BA was the answer but i was always taught you dont mess with a good thing.

16. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    1. Cut either Redman LSH or Felix
    2. Re-sign Jonathan Dwyer by no later than Tuesday.
    3. Please instruct our O-linemen to refrain from hurting other O-linemen.
    4. DO WHATEVER IS NECESSARY to get better results from the O-line.
    5. More consistent pass rush.

That's all... for now.:darkness:

17. BurgherBoy7

Oct 16, 2011
    Well all i can say to that is Haley had from the end of the game of week 15 last season to start to game plan for not having Heath this season. Wasn't a big secret that Heath wouldn't be playing for a while.

18. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    With rookie QBs, Jets and Bills scored more.

19. virginiasteelerfan

virginiasteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL. now some of the same idiots that demanded BA be run out of town are demanding Tomlin's head. I love my steelers, but their fans are perhaps the dumbest of all the NFL teams.

20. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  21. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    since the steelers really scored no points today

we were spotted 2 points and the ball to start and given a garbage TD at the end that haley almost blew with his 1 yard passes from the 4 yard line... so my question is how many points will we score against the bengals monday night... against a far better D at their home .. on MNF... can you bet the UNDER on 0... did anyone tell haley its ok to throw the ball over the goal line? you dont have to throw it to the 3 and run it it when you are on the 4 yard line with 1:55 left to play? that was the worst play calling i have seen . EVER.. he should be fired for that one series alone ...

HINES

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    This should be in the complaint thread, no?

23. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    unfortunately to play behind their oline they need a young qb that is very fast. Ben is still a very good qb, but he has almost no chance behind this line. when you drop back and your being hit before you even set your feet, thats a bad sign. im pretty sure other slow guys like Manning, Brady and Brees would all have similar results behind this line and with the weapons or lack of that Ben has.

lets be honest. this teams 2 top recievers are both small possession type recievers. they have no big play guy. im not saying Wallace was that guy either. they just dont have a guy that Ben can count on to be open and make a play for him on every down. Heath is that kind of guy, but he has no speed and is limited. i would like to see Moye or Wheaton get a chance next week.

good thing the coaches made adjustments during the game. oh yeah, they didnt. nothing like sticking with whats NOT working.

24. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    On it. ;)

25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Was Paulson even a target today? I know Johnson had one reception, but don't remember seeing Paulson involved in the passing game.