1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers roster Depth Chart

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Aug 6, 2013.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    http://www.steelers.com/team/depth-chart.html

With the pre-season starting this week the 1st depth chart has been formed.

Its interesting to see where some guys are at this point. I'm interested in seeing how it will change as pre-season moves forward.

Cajun-

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Coincidentally, a new depth chart was just released. That page still shows the one released on the 28th...at least for me.

3. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I don't know the date of release for the one I linked but I know this, it shows CB Steed & TE John Rabe and these two were signed on the 30th. It also shows only one LS ( warren ) and LS Luke Ingram was released on 8-1-13 so I'm assuming the one linked was made after these dates.

Edit: The Steelers were high on Embernate and he was waived on 8/3 and the depth chart has Golic Jr.and no Embernate. Ta'amu was taken off the PUP on the 5th but he isn't on the depth chart yet.

Cajun-

4. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Thanks Cajun, and good points. I don't see Batiste or Jackson on there, and Batiste was signed the 3rd. According to a few media outlets, Adams is listed at LT on the newest depth chart.

5. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I saw a clip where Tunch believes Adams would be better at LT because he's a lefty and Gilbert is right handed. HHhmm? I can see playing a guy to his natural strength and maybe this is some of the thinking behind the flip in camp. I guess we'll know for sure come 1st QTR of the 3rd pre-season game.

I find it interesting John Parker Wilson is ahead of Landry Jones on the depth chart. I don't like sanders as KR and Brown as PR.

Cajun-

6. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Okay, the link is from steelers.com home page. I just read the newly released- about 2 hrs ago- the game notes for this weeks giants game and there is listed a player depth chart, the differences are: Ta'amu is added as 3rd string NT- Golic Jr moved from 3rd string RT to 3rd string LG. Batista added as 3rd string RT. Adams listed as LT and now Gilbert is listed as RT. Jackson is LCB after van Dyke but in front Hawthorne.

Cajun-

7. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
  8. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    The wrong table was displaying there, check again if it didn't look right.