1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Timmons being disrespected!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Jun 27, 2013.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL! I'm glad I'm not alone in this feeling about players not being that smart about the actual game. If we're keeping it real I think it would be safe to say that most of us on this board know more STEELERS history than the majority of our team. But that might be unfair because we've followed this specific team for so long and these guys that are getting drafted are probably rarely, if ever, big time Steelers fans. I've said before that when new guys come in they should have to take sorta "classes" if you will just on the basic history of this franchise and that might give them some greater appreciation and identification with the fans. It really makes me mad when players complain about the fans because they forget to realize that we've loved this franchise longer than some of them have even been alive. Maybe if they would be more acclimated to our history they would understand why we hold them to such a high standard and maybe they would try to elevate their own personal game accordingly. Who knows? Just a thought. What could it hurt for the team to try that? Or any team for that matter.

2. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Didn't he also lay out Mark Sanchez and pretty much retire him for the rest of the day this year also?

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    He sure did. Got a fine for it, too. That hit completely changed the outcome of that game IMO, though.

[video=youtube;oTdgtc2j_v4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTdgtc2j_v4[/video]

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i believe they do here. there was just that same thing about jarvis jones getting educated about being a steeler on the main site. they also just came back from the rookie symposium, which is to tell them about being an NFL player.:cool:

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree that it helped change the outcome. I was actually gonna put that in my post but just didn't. The jets had a first good drive and were making our d look pretty stupid early on and then when Timmons laid the leather we took command of the game. That's how I remember it anyway.

7. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I seem to have the same memory! As I said, I am a fan of Timmons and believe that he is only going to get better. Some guys take longer to mature and I think he is one of those guys. Also, his body is built to last...on the field (just in case someone thought that had a different meaning).

8. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm telling Heath.

9. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    But when I say it about Heath you can take that any way you want! lol

10. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    LT is a beast with incredible quickness and agility, whether that is acknowledged here or elsewhere is of little consequence, but we do need to get him working in the same zone/scheme. They have slowly brought this kid along, the Steeler way and we're going to reap the benefits for having done so.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i really hope once we get him teamed with another good young player on the inside, we will see more from him. ike is working with williams on his coverage.:cool: